Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#3476 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:25 AM
My elder sim Antoine died after coming home from work, but something glitched and he just disappeared. No Reaper, no hula, no tombstone. I figured even with No Unlink On Delete this was probably bad and quit without saving. Besides, poor Antoine deserves better.
Advertisement
Instructor
#3477 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 1:33 PM
Beginning Pleasantview (BGP) — Round 2

As the round is almost finished, nothing really going on but babies, babies, and some cheating.

I notice that there are a few founder couples that do not belong together; The Oldies, the Ruggbyrnes, and the Burbs. They have chemistry issues and don’t communicate well. They only reason why they are still in love is because ACR forces them to be. I made a rule of not having anyone divorce until the challenge was finished, but now I’m reconsidering.

Susan Burb (John Burb’s grandmother) is so miserable in her marriage with Benjamin Burb. She’s a popularity sim with no friends because she’s too focused on making her husband happy. Benjamin ignores her all day (except when ACR kicks in), and instead watches tv or chat online with his friends. He doesn’t even roll wants to do anything with her. Susan constantly rolls wants to talk or kiss Benjamin.

Yesterday, Benjamin‘s best friend Les Pleasant came over and randomly yelled at Susan about how she’s a terrible wife and that Benjamin deserves better. Benjamin ignored the attack, just like he ignores everything else about Susan. I felt so bad for Susan, that I had her go in town for some retail therapy and to find her soon to be crush Myron Oldie. She didn’t find Myron, but I think the shopping worked.

I’ll see how the Burb’s marriage holds up in the next few rounds. If Susan is still miserable, I’ve them divorce.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#3478 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote:
It seems to be the smaller the house, the more likely a couple is to try for baby with ACR.

Not only that, but the smaller the house, the more likely they'll have triplets or quads.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#3479 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 7:00 PM
Emerald Heights has a new mayor! Congratulations to Shonda Watson and good luck with keeping these pre-election promises!

Shonda wants to return Emerald Heights to it's past beauty and greenness, a wish many sims in the city share. She also supports science over military, and city-funded afterschool classes for children and teens. She (and I) still hasn't figured out the ways to implement her beliefs into actions. The only thing she knows for sure is that some of the tax money will be used to build a museum of nature.
Mad Poster
#3480 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 11:06 AM
There is a brewing scandal in Tinsel Town:
Rumor has it that Kristen and Wayne Swanson are on the edge of divorce after her on-off again lover, Darrell Walton kissed her in front of her husband-who took great exception to it-at their house.
Previously it had been common gossip that she'd moved out to Darrell's house briefly for a time and then returned when begged to by her husband.

Sources tell the TTN (Tinsel Town News) that Wayne had been hoping she'd get over her obsession with Mr. Walton, but that his hopes were shattered by this last episode. Unconfirmed reports say that they're no longer sharing the same bed and that Kristen is weighing her options, as is Wayne. Divorce is not considered to be an option, due to a pre-nuptial agreement in place.

Both Wayne and Kristen are up-and coming actors, who do not want to damage their careers-or their children.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#3481 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:54 PM
That TTN really focuses on the hard-hitting news, doesn't it?

In Downton, Ginia Kat is a pitiable figure. She's all alone and has taken to letting strangers come into her house every day to eat her food just to have company.

So I had her in my mind when I clicked on her house to play for the first time in Elsewhere, my communist hood. Somehow she had interacted with someone earlier and is a vampire. So, there's that. But also, she won the baby lottery. William Vance, a nice-looking islander was moved in to be her husband. She's quite happy about it. They have quickly become fast friends. William has a wandering eye, but Ginia knows that. She's okay with it, really. He's young and it's not like theirs is a love match.

I'm just happy she's not alone.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3482 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 2:10 PM
Hey, it's Hollywood, you know! Run by publicists and studio executives...the "Hollywood Reporter" is its' sister publication...

Mad Poster
#3483 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 9:49 PM
Ginia might not be as comfortable with William's "hobby" as she pretended. She might actually be okay with; she doesn't act angry. But she does tend to bite everyone he's had over.

Holding true to the "smaller the house, the larger the litter" corollary, William gave birth to twins. There is no place to put them in the kat house. they are on toddler blankets in the middle of the living room.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#3484 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 10:48 PM Last edited by Shadow214 : 25th Sep 2018 at 8:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Not only that, but the smaller the house, the more likely they'll have triplets or quads.

My sims always end up giving birth to twins at the worst possible time such as my homeless sim.
Mad Poster
#3485 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Maybe keep a girl and the boy and give the other two up for open adoption? That lets her have the experience of parenting both genders again, but nowhere as difficult as keeping them all :/

I considered it but I don't really see Jane keeping some of her children, she seems more all-or-nothing over this. Besides, they live in a 3 bedroom house (2 of those bedrooms are only 3x2) and she's about to become an elder. The timing just isn't right. If her youngest adopted daughter was older it would've been so much easier!

Another set of multiples were born today - next door Sofia Baldwin gave birth to quads (grr!!) but I quit without saving. She had multiple birth after multiple birth until I eventually settled on twin boys - Sylvester and Santana.

Then when playing the DeBateau's, Allina Caliente-Debateau (Dina and Armand's daughter) on her first morning of being a teenager got abducted by aliens and came home pregnant. She's quite happy about it (the abduction part, she's not aware she's pregnant yet) but aliens aren't allowed outside of strangetown so she has 3 options: 1) Moving to Strangetown to give birth and putting the baby up for adoption, 2) Moving in with a foster family in Strangetown and staying in Strangetown to raise it or 3) Hope she can hide the baby somehow!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3486 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:24 AM
And ONE MORE TIME to prove the corollary, Tiffany Burb, small two bedroom home, just birthed triplets.

Mad Poster
#3487 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

I have the Ottomas family (six members, even before the quads were born) in a 2x2 house. It's surprisingly less crowded than it could be, though - whoever made the lot is pretty brilliant. Still, I'm glad CC bunk beds and one-tile cribs are a thing.

EDIT: I managed to track down the house. Here it is. I think I modified the second floor but its still impressive how compact it is.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#3488 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 7:37 AM
I played the Frost household recently. It consists of Ellen Frost and her three toddler children. Beau Broke is the father and he came over autonomously. But first, Ellen had to work. While Elleb was working, the nanny was there. Most horrific experience ever. The house is very small. The hallway is one tile, so almost no one can walk past each other. The nanny left 7 seven bottles and two diapers to rot before she left. Then, Ellen came home. She brought a colleague home. Beau came over. At this point, I didn’t realise how bad it would get. It was a horrible day of getting stuck in hallways, crying toddlers and eventually teleporting. I was glad when I could get out of there, because the rotation ended.
Forum Resident
#3489 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:13 AM
Currently shifting between the hood I am making from scratch and the main hood where my story goes on.
So on one side I have drama (thanks to ACR for having my sims making out with sims they shouldn’t be making out with? Like my sim had suddenly a try for baby woohoo with his brother’s ex! I’m like, wait weren’t you gay? (His attractions says he is to guys but \(---)/ well))

And on the other hand i’m Building colorful beginner lots and making a bunch of townies and that

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#3490 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 2:42 PM
AND AGAIN! MORE QUADS!! This is the third family in a row. I checked the odds and quads are still set at the lowest possible percentage. Quit without saving and finally- first single birth of this rotation! Etsu welcomed in a baby boy named Kenji (which means intelligent second son). Hopefully he lives up to his name.

Mad Poster
#3491 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:08 PM
Statistical clusters are possible even with low percentages, but it's also possible your randomizer is stuck and is giving you the same result every time. Are you rolling the pacifier before each birth? If that's the problem, and Trips and Quads uses the same randomizer as the births do, it should make a difference.

If you are rolling the pacifier, and still getting this, maybe you need to give yourself a rest and pull the mod for awhile.

I had an unnecessarily bad health week and the only times I've opened my game have been to work on my apartment contest entries. I screwed up somehow and now the building test hood has four copies of the Travellers. Two of them moved into an apartment block to playtest the two-bedroom units furnished for a couple and a child. Trisha and Trisha shot hoops and Trent and Trent compared travel notes. Tina played on the playground, but Tina was too busy playtesting her apartment to join her.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3492 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:10 PM
Hope you feel better, Peni. We need you on here.

As for me a couple of notes. I'm really kind of tired of the Council's making everybody have babies. And, once again, a tiny house produced ...twins!

Claire Charming had been trying to fly under the radar since Elsewhere took over her tiny hamlet. She'd even gotten a regular job. When she was growing up, she'd been something of a dog whisperer and trained animals all over the countryside. She had some big show winners. When she reached adulthood, she didn't have to get a 9-5. She trained animals.

She had recently lost her dog of many years and wanted to adopt another right away. But the first thing she heard about the Council was that they require all animals to return to the Pet Resettlement Center every Purge Day. She hates the idea of adopting a puppy only to have it wrenched away from her.

So, she was lonely. Then she won the baby lottery. Rajesh Ramiswami was sent to marry her. Rajesh has lived all of his adult life with another family, Council ordered. He was never allowed to marry or even date.

The pair circled around each other for days, barely speaking. But, both were intrigued. Rajesh even bought some perfume from the matchmaker to try to entice his pretty pregnant room mate.

By the time the babies were born, they were madly in love. Of course, they had twins in that teeny, tiny house. Where will I put them?

Mad Poster
#3493 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Statistical clusters are possible even with low percentages, but it's also possible your randomizer is stuck and is giving you the same result every time. Are you rolling the pacifier before each birth? If that's the problem, and Trips and Quads uses the same randomizer as the births do, it should make a difference.

If you are rolling the pacifier, and still getting this, maybe you need to give yourself a rest and pull the mod for awhile.

Hmm. I wouldn't have thought it would be a randomizer problem seeing as quitting without saving changes the numbers (Sofia Baldwin had quads, then triplets and then twins on each reload). I don't roll before each birth though so possibly.

Funny story about the Travellers though. I had two copies of all the bin families in my megahood, it was a nightmare. I randomised all their personalities and gave them make overs and aged them down and put them in the adoption pool.

Forum Resident
#3494 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:39 PM
I'm starting up my medieval folder. Don't take away all of my hard-earned 22GB of space, please, game.
Mad Poster
#3495 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:20 AM
It was a busy day for the Hart's 10 children. This included 2 sets of twins aging up, as well as 3 weddings. Yes. 3!! The 3 oldest daughters; Cupid, Sweet & Sacred. Cupid married Beaumont DeBateau, heir of the DeBateau's (Armand DeBateau & Samantha Cordial). Sweet married Bernard Flexor (adopted son of Max Flexor and Joshua Ruben), also the priest to the church) and Sacred, the pleasure sim who has no interest in marriage, found herself pregnant by her boyfriend, Samuel Cordial (One of Kimberly Cordial & Carlos Contender's twins) - so naturally there was a shot-gun wedding. Of the children growing up, I decided to set gender preferences for the whole hood at the start of my rotation - it would appear their 7th child, Joy and their 8th child, Elkser are both lesbians. This is a "duggar"esque family... that's going to be fun....Their 6th child, Purple is bisexual but will probably end up in a heterosexual relationship.

The third of the Ruben Quad's has now found a family! Originally when I put them up for adoption I was hoping to keep them in sets of two, but that just hasn't really happened. There's never really enough space for two babies, it seems. Winnie, the oldest of the quad's was adopted by her Uncles, Max and Joshua Flexor with 2 siblings - Felicia and Bernard. Andrea was adopted by Ginger (Newson) and Nathan Gavigan, with an older brother, Gerard and half-siblings Isiah, Anais and Elliot. Kathy, one of the younger quads just became part of the Burb family, with parents John and Mary (Gavigan) Burb, half-siblings Lucy, Adam, Isiah, Anais, Elliot (just realised that two of the quads now share half-siblings. Weird), and siblings Joe, Ryan and Adriel. Ryan and Adriel were later in life babies, Ryan became a child this rotation, and Adriel will in 2 rotations time - which means John and Mary will have their work cut out with both Adriel and Kathy toddling round next rotation. The youngest (and only male) of the quad's, Dominic, has found a family - I just haven't placed him yet. He'll be adopted by Daniel and Pauline (Aspir) Bell, who have been trying for a baby for years. Quite frankly, they would've happily taken two, but as I've already found places for the others - I'm going to let them keep trying for a biological baby too (hopefully not quads!)

Kevin and Monica Bratford-Beare are on their way to raising 20 puppies. Admittedly very very slowly considering I hate adding unneeded character files. I've started to just put puppies in their care until they become adults and then moving the adult dog back in with whatever family it came from/was suppose to go to. Not sure if that's going to count as their lifetime want or if they have to have the puppies birthed on site. Bella (a puppy), who originally lived with the Davis family, ended up moving in with the Fastolfe's, because I'm kinda dumb and forgot which family she was from even though I'd written it down. Ah well. I've just decided to go with it.

Natasha Una, upon becoming an elder, also ate her 200th Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I didn't watch her eat it because I was busy getting her youngest son to do his homework, but I assume it was good. To celebrate, her husband Conor (Weir) cooked some spagetti - which is the first thing their children, Brea and Stilton have ever eaten that wasn't grilled cheese.

Lab Assistant
#3496 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Adriel

I've never heard of this name before. Is it pronounced Uh-Dreel or Ay-Dree-El (similar to Adrian)?
Lab Assistant
#3497 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 4:38 AM
Ay-dree-ell. (Like the name Adrian + the name Elle.) I had a friend with this name in high school.

As far as what's going on in my game, I'm finally, finally finishing up my rotation in Bluewater Hills. Tina Traveller welcomed her best friend Amber Broke from college into her home after graduation, and they began to butt heads pretty quickly, especially after Tina found out Amber's been seeing her ex boyfriend Isaiah Gavigan behind her back. They reconciled just in time for Tina to give birth to her baby with current boyfriend, Rafael Goth. The baby's a blonde haired, freckle-faced baby girl named Lucia. Tina plans to raise her in the beach bungalow she shares with Amber until Rafael graduates from school.

Chloe Curious and Cyd Roseland have proven to be a surprisingly charming match for one another. They both roll wants to see each other every day, and they spent a very romantic day at the boardwalk, beginning with bowling (Cyd's idea), middling with ear piercings (Chloe's idea), and watching the surf as the stars dot the night sky. Cyd confessed he loves her, and rolled a want to propose. I didn't expect to root for them like I do.

Chloe's got a case of cold feet, though. She showed up for a casual dinner with Gilbert Jacquet in the townhouse he shares with his girlfriend. It began with drinks and Chloe eagerly telling Gil all about how she "met someone", and ended with them woohooing on the couch. Gil is a bit possessive and Chloe's looking for an excuse not to get serious with Cyd.

Now I'm playing the final household, the Schel-Larsons, which is home to Jason Larson, his husband Charles, as well as their two roommates Erik and Crystal Swain. They're throwing a goodbye party for Crys and Erik because they're moving to Strangetown for Crys's work (she's in the military). They've got the whole gang over to celebrate, including friends from town (Jodie and Malcolm Landgraab and their daughter, Leslie) and those from out of town (Jimmy and Lucy Phoenix and Cleo Lee-Shikibu and her wife, Camryn). I'm looking forward to watching the party play out and move this rotation over to Strangetown with the Swains.

Edit: Because Ariel doesn't sound like Belle.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#3498 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 9:39 PM
uni. sob sob. I'll get past it. Someday.

Mad Poster
#3499 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukk
I've never heard of this name before. Is it pronounced Uh-Dreel or Ay-Dree-El (similar to Adrian)?

As bbostic8 said, Ay-dree-el. I love it, I found it while searching for biblical names (It means "The flock of God"). Apparently it's male, but I used it for a female.

Forum Resident
#3500 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 2:51 AM
I just made my very first custom texture for clothes.

13 dresses. There are three styles of dress, four colours for each, and a bonus that's a different colour and style.

My hands. They hurt.
Page 140 of 350