Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 7:42 PM
Default Strays respawn with no respawn hack?
I've been working on getting those strays off the streets by having a friendly servo run an animal shelter. She adopts them and takes care of them until they die of old age. Since I have nostrayrespawn, I figured this would eventually make my neighborhood free of strays. Today, I noticed the game lag before a stray I hadn't seen before entered the lot, so I checked with SimPE and sure enough, there's a new stray.

Any ideas? I use the correct version (AL). HCDU can't find any conflicts related to nostrayrespawn.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 8:13 PM
Nostrayrespawn doesn't work on wolves. These are only animals in my game. There are few though, they respawn only if you befriend or adopt them.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 8:22 PM
I use the Visitor Controller to ban all animals even the wolves.

All the no re-spawn mods allow 1 to be gen up (if my memory is correct) or at least it does for me.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:06 PM
It wasn't a wolf though, just a normal big gray dog. Or do those count as wolves too? I thought those were just the black ones. If there's others, the culprit is probably one of the two big dogs I moved in this session.

And there are still at least three strays on the streets that the servo hasn't adopted yet.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 9:27 PM
Wolves come in white and gray too. They aren't always black.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 1st Aug 2016 at 12:44 AM. Reason: adding
By my experience they spawn after set amount of time. Even if I ignore them, there will be another one after a while. If I adopt, they respawn immediately. The only solution as Marka commented is visitor controller, but you need ban all animals. In that case if you ban them from start of neighborhood they don't even spawn but you need do it in every household from start. Yes all big wolves can be even white, gray or black. Even with nostrayrespawn if I'm playing neigborhood longer time there can be 2 or 3 LTPs.

This is stray wolf on my lot:
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Even with nostrayrespawn if I'm playing neigborhood longer time there can be 2 or 3 LTPs.

I wonder if the game considers wolves to be NPCs instead of strays. They seem to be treated differently than dogs and cats. Do wolves still spawn with antiredundancy loaded?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 2:10 AM
They're not part of the stray family but usually generate into one of their own. They have semi-NPC functions I guess.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 4:43 AM
That's the guilty one, then. Okay, now I know to leave those guys alone. Thanks!