Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Game Edition addon (for creators/modders) *UPDATED to v1.1*

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,832 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 139,299 Views
Uploaded: 13th Oct 2008 at 4:00 PM
Updated: 27th Nov 2013 at 3:28 PM by Nysha
Game Edition addon (for creators/modders)

* Requires : The Sims 2 (base game)
* Compatibility: The Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open For Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Store Edition, FreeTime, Apartment Life, Mansion & Garden Stuff, all Stuff Packs
* Modifications: Global (but needs to be specifically called by a modder)
* Hack Version#: 1.1

Update ( 04/08/2009 )
~~~~~~
- Introduces compatibility with Mansion & Garden Stuff Pack and hopefully any future EPs/SPs without needing a new 1.2 version (ver 1.0 only works up to AL)
- Using advanced mathematics invented by the Klaxxon Empire, optimizes EP/SP detection code to use less CPU cycles (meaning it runs faster now!)

Quick Info
~~~~~~~~~~
* Since some people are not reviewing my README file before installing the addon, I'll make this clear upfront. Do not install any test files from the embedded rar archives unless you are planning on making your own hacks. Those 2 files make messages scroll down your screen every time you move the mouse over a sink. They are only for testing hacks that you make yourself.

EP = Expansion Pack (usually new game code + objects)
SP = Stuff Pack (usually just new objects)

This is simply a tool that allows all of my hacks to be backward compatible with all or most editions of The Sims 2, from the original base game of 2004, up through the latest Expansion Packs: such as FreeTime / Apartment Life / Mansion & Garden Stuff. It adds global BHAV routines that permit any hack from any author to check which EPs/SPs are installed upon the player's computer.

Any functions that already come with the game are either broken or sorely lacking in functionality. So I coded my own routines to do the job properly!

Effects
~~~~~~~
This addon is the end result of my desire for 100% accuracy in determining which game engines are installed with the minimum amount of CPU processing power spent executing the checks, all accessible globally from any hack. That is the main reason for this addon. Plus, the global routine "Expansion Pack - EP(param) Installed?" that comes with University and higher is not a proper solution to this issue because it does not take into account the base game, returning false positives for many EP checks. In addition, it crashes when checking for "Apartment Life" on older EPs.

* Check out the readme.txt file for more information.