Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 4:50 PM Last edited by rich1lenore : 13th Mar 2006 at 4:51 PM. Reason: Can't spell!
Why do some lots end up in Downloads?
I recently lost my neighborhoods and went on a DL spree to get new housing. I DL from several sites: EA, TSR, MTS, MainSt.Sims, Reflex, etc. I installed everything with Clean Install. I had problems with several lots not showing up in the game. I tried to install again and noticed that CI was installing them to Downloads, instead of Teleport. I tried to manually change the extension, but the lots never showed up. I finally resorted to the old Maxis Lot Installer, which gave me a bunch of hacks I didn't want. Anyway, I went into the LotsCatalog folder to check it and found two regular numbered package files in there, which I moved to Downloads (don't know what they are but they did not appear to belong in Lots). Then I went into Downloads and found a .Sims2Import file, which I opened with Sims Body Shop, found it was a lot, and moved it to the Lots folder.
I am so confused about what files Clean Installer is supposed to be putting where, and why some of my lots are ending up in downloads. I have the latest version of Clean Installer. Can someone please explain what goes where, what file extension it should have, and if Body Shop is the only work around for my problem?
Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Mar 2006 at 12:08 PM
Interesting problem. I've had lots not install before and just written it off. I hope someone gives you a good answer. I'm subscribing in hope they do...

I guess you could have got a bad lotpackage from somewhere. If some lots install properly and some don't that would fit. If you make a note of which lots didn't load you could pursue that angle. On the other hand if maxis can install them and cleaninstaller can't........

I remember reading a long time ago that the game doesn't like you installing too many at the same time, but I did 6 at once yesterday with the maxis installer - no problem. I need to fix my default "open with..".