Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7951 Old 27th Oct 2018 at 10:23 PM Last edited by igazor : 29th Oct 2018 at 8:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Anyone know of a mod or way of entering build/buy mode and modify a lot that doesn't belong to the active sims? I know there's a way to do it through testingcheats, but that method uses up the funds of the active family.

You can do this through Edit Town, but if it's a residential lot you have to evict the inhabitants of the lot first and then put them back when finished. On community lots, I believe everyone will be sent home before you begin editing. I usually do it the testingcheats way but keep track of the money spent (or saved if it's a negative net amount) and settle up with a MasterController money transfer when finished.
Advertisement
Scholar
#7952 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
You can alter youtube video speed. Just to let you know.

I did set it to 0.25, still to fast. And I can not set the speed on my phone (as far as I know). A very important aspect is that I begin to feel a little sick when things moves to fast. Before it was not a problem but since a year or so I have began to notice this.

Thanks anyway for responding .
Mad Poster
#7953 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
If a sim lives in one world, can they buy property in another?

Example: I've been playing Grey Meadow, but I'm about to install St.Claire. It would be nice if sims could own properties in both worlds.

They can own residential lots as vacation homes. As for being the landlord (SP Money or an apartment mod) or owning community lots as investments, there are some tricky ways to get those to work by using Traveler's Treat as Vacation > False while there but I don't think they get any benefits from doing so while the foreign world is not being simulated.

They cannot buy the property while active gameplay is in their homeworld, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#7954 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 5:35 PM
Just got World Adventures at the Steam Halloween sale - are martial arts and nectary equipment only available abroad?
Instructor
#7955 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Just got World Adventures at the Steam Halloween sale - are martial arts and nectary equipment only available abroad?

No, the objects are available in "buydebug".
Also, you can set Nectary or Academy type community lots in your home neighborhood, too, and the assigned Nectary merchant will sell you the nectary objects through the register; also in the Academy, your sims will use the kung fu objects autonomously in your home neighborhood as well. (In Gyms they also use them, just much less frequently.)
Top Secret Researcher
#7956 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 7:44 PM
Where in buydebug? Exercise?
Instructor
#7957 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Where in buydebug? Exercise?

Umm, use the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat, then the "buydebug on" cheat - go to Buy Mode - Question mark menu - then choose the Misc. category. It's easier to find them if you filter the objects there for WA.
(Don't forget to "buydebug off" and "testingcheatsenabled false" when you finished.)
Top Secret Researcher
#7958 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 9:12 PM
OK. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#7959 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 5:08 PM
Has anyone digged up and screenshot a comment from one of those crazy baptist church lazy, where it remarked how she looks like one of those unattracive pre-randomize sims in CAS?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#7960 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 5:23 PM
Newb question from not so newb player LOL Just started playing again after 3 years hiatus and I've forgotten most of everything. So.. silly question is - can I delete the sims3pack files once I install them? I know I can't with the .package files.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#7961 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:02 PM
Yes you can. They'll be fine unless you delete your .dbc file.

So never delete the .dbc file? Great and thank you kindly

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#7962 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:15 PM
Can Sims gain skills from social contact or by observation? I just had an active teen get the writing skill when he hugged his inactive child cousin. The two of them stood close to another inactive sim who has the writing skill and was using a computer. The teen had read two of the writing books as a toddler, if that makes a difference.
Site Helper
#7963 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minutegold
The teen had read two of the writing books as a toddler, if that makes a difference.

It does. Those books give you points toward the respective skills.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#7964 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:03 PM
Yes, but normally a Sim still has to learn the skill to get that boost. In my case the skill (including the boost) just popped out of nowhere.
Theorist
#7965 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 8:41 PM
I forgot to mention that if you use store content, that is stashed on the .ebc file, so that's another thing you don't want to delete. The best thing to do is to make backup of everything so if something should go wrong, you'll have you stuff.

Gotcha... don't delete .dbc and .ebc files Thank you

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#7966 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by minutegold
Yes, but normally a Sim still has to learn the skill to get that boost. In my case the skill (including the boost) just popped out of nowhere.

In the case of writing, the skill headstarts should pop the first time a child or older uses a computer or has using a computer in their action queue. They do not have to learn the skill from Level 0. Being in the same room as a computer or someone else who knows how to write shouldn't be enough, but maybe they were the active sim when you clicked on a computer or they tried to route to it?
Test Subject
#7967 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
... or has using a computer in their action queue...

That could be it. He probably tried to play games on the computer and the skill-gain message took a while to show up.
Mad Poster
#7968 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:56 AM
Is there any way or mod with which I can create notifications? Would be neat to be able to have Sims say things through those text popups. In fact - any way to do so would be appreciated.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#7969 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:19 PM
NRAAS Story Progression with all of the personality modules and the default settings creates LOTS of notifications. Skill gains, fights, marriages, breakups, baby on the way, new friends, loss of friends, the loon giving money to people, others extorting money from people, if you've left elixirs of transformation lying around you get people getting a new occult status, deaths or impending deaths, people checking into the hospital to get fight injuries checked out, and others.

But those are probably not the ones you are looking for. And I believe you have no interest in running that mod, anyway.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7970 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Is there any way or mod with which I can create notifications? Would be neat to be able to have Sims say things through those text popups. In fact - any way to do so would be appreciated.

If you have WA you can use the inscription plaques. Sims can read them and you can set the text to whatever you like.
Field Researcher
#7971 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 5:45 PM
If I wanted to try playing with a more Sims 2-style genetics system, would that be Consort's hair mod plus NRAAs MC, or are there other genetics mods out there?
Mad Poster
#7972 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by windermeresimblr
If I wanted to try playing with a more Sims 2-style genetics system, would that be Consort's hair mod plus NRAAs MC, or are there other genetics mods out there?

It's actually NRaas StoryProgression, not MasterController, that by way of the SP Population add-on module offers up the options for the mod's Advanced Genetics. MC provides player-controlled commands to re-roll and PlayWithGenetics on individual sims on demand, one at a time, but by doing so will call up whatever genetics system is already in play. The only other mod I know of offhand other than SP that has the ability to change the genetics system is AwesomeMod, which is a Core Mod and not quite as customizable as SP is but there are players who prefer its approach.

Don't know if that helps as I'm not really familiar enough with TS2 to understand what is meant by that game's style of genetics.
Field Researcher
#7973 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's actually NRaas StoryProgression, not MasterController, that by way of the SP Population add-on module offers up the options for the mod's Advanced Genetics. MC provides player-controlled commands to re-roll and PlayWithGenetics on individual sims on demand, one at a time, but by doing so will call up whatever genetics system is already in play at the time. The only other mod I know of offhand other than SP that has the ability to change the genetics system is AwesomeMod, which is a Core Mod and not quite as customizable as SP is but there are players who prefer its approach.

Don't know if that helps as I'm not really familiar enough with TS2 to understand what is meant by that game's style of genetics.

Ah, thank you! I knew it was in the NRAAS stable, but I wasn't quite sure which one.

Basically what I want to do is have hair and eye colors that actually dominate/recede instead of having coin flips for who gets what...which may be impossible, but I do want to at least try to see if I can approximate it.
Mad Poster
#7974 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you have WA you can use the inscription plaques. Sims can read them and you can set the text to whatever you like.

Right, but I can't have another Sim's thumbnail appear next to it? It would be best if I could make it look as if another Sim said that particular thing.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Inventor
#7975 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 1:31 PM
I want to play an alien colony that starts with minimum amount of sims and see how it evolves over the years. But how many is minimum sims needed to not run into incest a couple of generations in? I tried figuring it out, but I failed miserably.
Page 319 of 385