Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#8001 Old 6th Dec 2018 at 1:42 PM
Can only bookworm sims join the book club? And if yes, is there a mod to enable it to every sim?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#8002 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycigarettes
Stupid Question #594:

Is France more graphically-intensive than other worlds?

I've never noticed a problem until the last few days but now I get access exception error crashes after one sim day (ALWAYS between 5 and 6am. If I save and reload at 4am then it will still crash around 0530 anyway) unless I play France with all the graphics turned way down. Don't get that in China and Egypt, which I'd assume - especially China! - were more graphics-y. I have the graphics on max in every other world with no issue whatever. Weirdzoids.

Turns out it was the Traveler mod which I'd not been using before. Removed it and now I can play France in full-HD without a single solitary crash for 18 straight days.

@Igazor any idea why? It was fully updated and didn't have any issues in Egypt & China.
Scholar
#8003 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 4:18 PM
Turns out it was the Traveler mod which I'd not been using before. Removed it and now I can play France in full-HD without a single solitary crash for 18 straight days.

@Igazor any idea why? It was fully updated and didn't have any issues in Egypt & China.

The traveller mod doesn't really effect after you travel. It only changes the travel interaction and UI as far as I know.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#8004 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 4:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
The traveller mod doesn't really effect after you travel. It only changes the travel interaction and UI as far as I know.

Well, that's not entirely true as Traveler is charged with the carrying of and interacts to some extent with worlds having been traveled to as custom destinations even when active gameplay is in a WA world. It also has options related to the travel countdown clock, Treat as Vacation (True/False), it allows resident pets in foreign worlds and optionally allows the Seasons EP weather manager to run, things like that. Removing the mod mid-trip will result in your sims getting stuck in that world forever if your travel party happens to include sims who would otherwise not be allowed to travel back home (babies, toddlers, pets, anyone who is pregnant, friends of the family).

Afraid I can't say why France is crashing on you. But if Traveler seems to be a contributor, of the above I would have to guess the problem might be something Seasons or weather related that isn't going to fire if the mod is no longer present. Otherwise I would have to suggest bringing this issue to us at NRaas, this isn't something I recall seeing reported.
Test Subject
#8005 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Afraid I can't say why France is crashing on you. But if Traveler seems to be a contributor, of the above I would have to guess the problem might be something Seasons or weather related that isn't going to fire if the mod is no longer present. Otherwise I would have to suggest bringing this issue to us at NRaas, this isn't something I recall seeing reported.

It's definitely an 'out of memory' error of some kind (although I get no error at all from the game, it just crashes to desktop) and I don't know why since I have plenty of it. I think I still have at least one of the older crash reports, so I'll file it over at NRAAS if someone feels like peeking at it.

As it is, I just removed Traveler which isn't much of an issue to me personally.

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#8006 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 5:55 PM Last edited by igazor : 7th Dec 2018 at 6:37 PM.
It's definitely an 'out of memory' error of some kind (although I get no error at all from the game, it just crashes to desktop) and I don't know why since I have plenty of it. I think I still have at least one of the older crash reports, so I'll file it over at NRAAS if someone feels like peeking at it.

As it is, I just removed Traveler which isn't much of an issue to me personally.

Thanks!

Actually no, unlike script error logs, crash logs are generally useless. It might be interesting to note how much RAM your game (in GBs, not %s) was using just before the crash by observing Windows' Task Manager. No matter how much RAM you have, the game can never address more than ~3.7 GB because of it being 32-bit only. If something is ramping RAM usage up into the danger zone above 3.5 GB at the same sim time every day even if you have plenty to spare, the challenge becomes finding out what exact processes taking place at that hour could be causing it -- hence my suspicion of something weather related as that wouldn't take place in Traveler's absence.

Our developer may have other suggestions if you wish to pursue this and may ask for a dump alarms type of report (after explaining how to run one). But the crash log itself I'm afraid wouldn't include any of this information.
Test Subject
#8007 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Actually no, unlike script error logs, crash logs are generally useless. It might be interesting to note how much RAM your game (in GBs, not %s) your game was using just before the crash by observing Windows' Task Manager. No matter how much RAM you have, the game can never address more than ~3.7 GB because of it being 32-bit only. If something is ramping RAM usage up into the danger zone above 3.5 GB at the same sim time every day even if you have plenty to spare, the challenge becomes finding out what exact processes taking place at that hour could be causing it -- hence my suspicion of something weather related as that wouldn't take place in Traveler's absence.

Our developer may have other suggestions if you wish to pursue this and may ask for a dump alarms type of report (after explaining how to run one). But the crash log itself I'm afraid wouldn't include any of this information.

Oh that's interesting. I've made a thread on NRAAS with the info I have right now but I'll run another test in a few hours once I'm done with chores with Traveler fully enabled again and take a look at the usage then update over there.

I suspect (in fact can almost completely confirm) that you're right about it being the weather since I ran it with Traveler on about half an hour ago, but with the seasons disabled in France and didn't get the issue. Didn't see if we made it through the entire vacation, but we at least made it to day 4 before I called it as 'probably fine'.

Thanks for your help, as ever!
Lab Assistant
#8008 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 9:31 PM
Do you guys think ea still collects telemetry on sims 3?
Forum Resident
#8009 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simrune
Do you guys think ea still collects telemetry on sims 3?

I think so. When I disable usage sharing it usually gets forced back on the next time I play.
Mad Poster
#8010 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 6:28 AM
Do downloaded worlds like this one http://naiyasfury.tumblr.com/post/9...1338/naiyasfury not have police officers to catch burglars? The first night I played the world, a burglar tried to rob my Sim's house. The boyfriend kicked the burglar's butt and stopped the robbery but no police ever showed up.
Instructor
#8011 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Do downloaded worlds like this one http://naiyasfury.tumblr.com/post/9...1338/naiyasfury not have police officers to catch burglars? The first night I played the world, a burglar tried to rob my Sim's house. The boyfriend kicked the burglar's butt and stopped the robbery but no police ever showed up.

Maybe it's a better scenario than the case when the cop shows up, arrests the burglar, then they are suddenly reseted because they have nowhere to go without a police station, and your arrested sim becomes so bugged that you have to reload a previous Save. This happened to me when I started a custom neighborhood without fully realizing that there was no police station at all. My career criminal sim went to work, finished his shift, and as soon as he left the criminal workplace, a cop caught him and handcuffed him, The next moment the police NPC froze, my sim had been reseted, and after that became totally unplayable (his portrait disappeared from the UI and I couldn't control him anymore). So it seems, yes, worlds without police station can spawn police officers, but it's very risky to let them operate without the rabbithole.
Lab Assistant
#8012 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon

Did you actually call the police? They don't automatically show up unless there's a burglar alarm.
Mad Poster
#8013 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 4:52 PM Last edited by Orilon : 10th Dec 2018 at 5:14 PM.
I placed a school, combo police station/military, and combo grocery store/diner rabbit hole into the world so there is a police station. (Hopefully I didn't screw something up to get bugged Sims.) Both Sims are low level police officers. They do have a burglar alarm, but I'm not sure if it went off. It didn't have the little sound waves coming from it. Both Sims woke up when the burglar came on lot, so I don't know if it was the burglar alarm without the sound waves or if it was something else that woke them up. When the burglar got by the door the boyfriend went downstairs and outside and kicked the burglar's butt in a fight then the burglar left.

I'm glad he won the fight. I'm just curious for other Sims that may not be as athletic (or if that even is what helped him win.)

Edited to Add: I had sound off last night to not bug my roommate, so that is why I didn't hear or know if the burglar alarm went off.
Mad Poster
#8014 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 10:27 PM
How high is a default Sims 3 foundation IRL actually?

I think a grid square is roughly 1x1m, so it would roughly be 3/4th of a meter?
Test Subject
#8015 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 12:32 AM
Is there a way to not have aggressive/loyal pets spawn burglars every 5 minutes? If I don't remember to cancel the "Guard the house" interaction they spawn around 2-3 burglars a night. It's really irritating. I don't think this has anything to do with the traits themselves per sec, but rather the time pets with those traits spend doing it. I've tried to google this every which way and either no one has heard of the problem or no-one knows how to stop it D:
Test Subject
#8016 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 10:17 AM
Hi everyone!
Can I have DELICIOUSLY INDULGENTÂ*BAKERY from Sims 3 store and install it in my game by having only base game and IP and generations? Or it needs other EPs too?
Scholar
#8017 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shaghayeghyz
Hi everyone!
Can I have DELICIOUSLY INDULGENT�*BAKERY from Sims 3 store and install it in my game by having only base game and IP and generations? Or it needs other EPs too?

Store content only need base game so you're safe to go

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#8018 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000

60 cm I'd say.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
dodgy builder
#8019 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
60 cm I'd say.

It's been said in a livestream or something it's 1x1.
Test Subject
#8020 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Store content only need base game so you're safe to go

Thank you so much
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8021 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000

A grid square is 1.0x1.0 metres
Height of a step is 0.1875
Foundation height is 4 steps, so 0.75
Wall height is 4 foundation heights, so 3.0
Mad Poster
#8022 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
A grid square is 1.0x1.0 metres
Height of a step is 0.1875
Foundation height is 4 steps, so 0.75
Wall height is 4 foundation heights, so 3.0

Perfect, thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#8023 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 8:05 AM
Let me just insert, as I do from time to time, my statement that one US yard (not one meter) is also a possible size for a grid square, and that some dimensions in the game -- e.g. the heights of walls -- would be more realistic if we were to assume one yard rather than one meter.

But all the heights @Don Babilon supplied are correctly proportioned anyway. The height of a step is 0.1875 of whatever a grid-length is. You can rely upon that for building, and set aside the question of whether that makes the IRL step height 18.75 cm (=0.1875 meters), or 6.75 inches (=0.1875 yards). I just wanted to point out that the question does exist. Although I surely don't advocate the US system, I do consider it possible that the developers were thinking in terms of US units.
Scholar
#8024 Old 23rd Dec 2018 at 11:35 PM
Can a pregnant sim go scuba diving? I don't think she can...?
Site Helper
#8025 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 3:25 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 27th Dec 2018 at 3:49 PM.
Yes, I think I saw a tutorial on how to extract the music, but I don't remember where. (Other than it was probably here.) Odds are you will find it before I do. I'll edit this with a link when/if I find it again.

Edit:
Ok, I think this thread is what I was remembering. It's not -exactly- what you were looking for, since they were focusing on the problem of replacing the music, but if you wade through it and poke around a bit it looks as though it should be enough to help you figure out how to extract the music you want and get it available for your audio player.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=418050

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 321 of 385