Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 4:22 AM
I have a mod that makes it so that my Sims pop out naked after WooHooing for realism's sake (I dunno what EA was smoking but sleepwear ≠ underwear and I don't really like the idea of my Sims popping out of the covers in bunny slippers and duck pajamas) but it often leads to some pretty suspect things like, uh, Sims autonomously using the snake charming basket while naked and then being hounded by the over intrusive I-will-follow-you-to-the-Champs-Les-Sims-tombs PSYCHIC!paparazzi.

(Interesting film you're making there. )
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nexyDemonNexyRiaku
also, when my sims need to change their clothes, for work or something, and just hop around clapping and having a joyous time until half their workday has gone by or all the neighbors have seen my sim in her undies out doing the gardening, when she needs to change for her daycare work. doesn't make her look like a very competent daycare provider....

That's because the game is trying to load their outfit.. just pause and wait for a moment or two, and then they won't stand around waiting for it and waste time.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 2:32 PM
why is it when they are grounded even school is classified as sneaking out.
A teen is grounded (again) and scolded for going to school while grounded huh?
Theorist
#104 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Leia
I have a mod that makes it so that my Sims pop out naked after WooHooing for realism's sake (I dunno what EA was smoking but sleepwear ≠ underwear and I don't really like the idea of my Sims popping out of the covers in bunny slippers and duck pajamas) but it often leads to some pretty suspect things like, uh, Sims autonomously using the snake charming basket while naked and then being hounded by the over intrusive I-will-follow-you-to-the-Champs-Les-Sims-tombs PSYCHIC!paparazzi.

(Interesting film you're making there. )

OMG!!! I've never had a paparazzi follow me into the room while on vacation!!! How did that happen?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Alchemist
#105 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:24 PM
It happened yesterday. I told my Sim to take the dirty clothes to the washing maschine, then it happened: She took the clothes, then dropped the clothes, she took the clothes, then dropped the clothes, she took the.. yea you can guess what she did then. And after she frustrated the shit out of me she finally managed to walk to the laundry 3 feet from her

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#106 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zandvoort
It happened yesterday. I told my Sim to take the dirty clothes to the washing maschine, then it happened: She took the clothes, then dropped the clothes, she took the clothes, then dropped the clothes, she took the.. yea you can guess what she did then. And after she frustrated the shit out of me she finally managed to walk to the laundry 3 feet from her

That's too funny. I was playing last night and my sim picked up all the dirty clothes around the apartment and took the elevator down and came back up to throw the clothes in the hamper in the bedroom. I'm like... WTH!!! I followed him down to the lobby and back up again and couldn't figure out why he did that.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#107 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
OMG!!! I've never had a paparazzi follow me into the room while on vacation!!! How did that happen?

I don't know, they just kind of appeared. I've even heard stories of paparazzi following Sims in tombs. Luckily no one did that in my game... however they did stay in the base camp all night and took pictures of my Sims sleeping in a tent. It's like, congratulations, you now have photos of the Sultan's Tabernacle at 40 different angles!
Test Subject
#108 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 6:21 AM
When the elderly dance.

Just... no, grandpa. No.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 12:06 PM
My sim has level 4 martial arts skill. Every my sim is idle, he immediately acting like a martial artist preparing a combat with nobody around, his acts drive me crazy...
Test Subject
#110 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Leia
I don't know, they just kind of appeared. I've even heard stories of paparazzi following Sims in tombs.

I've gone into a tomb to find a paparazzi (rather, a paparazzo, but EA disagrees) already there. Not sure if my Sim was famous; I don't remember him bothering me, but I talked to him when my Sim got lonely. Must've been some bug with his motives, because I think he stayed there with me a couple days and when I sent another Sim there later, he was wandering the same hallway.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 2:44 PM
One of my Sims lives in an apartment with a friend. The friend is a slob and continually throws his clothing on the floor when he changes. The other Sim has been picking them up and putting them in hampers but yesterday, when I was playing, he picked them up off the bedroom floor, went downstairs in the elevator, went down the steps out of the building and threw the clothes down in a heap out front by the Trash Can. I had to click on the slob and get him to go and pick them up again. He wasn't pleased.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
One of my Sims lives in an apartment with a friend. The friend is a slob and continually throws his clothing on the floor when he changes. The other Sim has been picking them up and putting them in hampers but yesterday, when I was playing, he picked them up off the bedroom floor, went downstairs in the elevator, went down the steps out of the building and threw the clothes down in a heap out front by the Trash Can. I had to click on the slob and get him to go and pick them up again. He wasn't pleased.

Usually when you live with someone and they toss your clothing out into the street/yard, it means "GTFO".

I think your sim is trying to tell the Slob something.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 2:42 PM
My sim queue stomping the grim reaper to pillow fight with him. Really? You're going to pummel death himself... with your pillow?

"You aren't taking my dad! *thwack*"
Forum Resident
#114 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 3:05 PM Last edited by Kathwynn : 4th Jul 2011 at 3:40 PM.
I started a sim male.. Not the brightest of any sim that I have played.

He has electrocuted himself while standing in his own pee.. His house has caught on fire twice.. Both time the fire deparmant stood by and watched him as he almost burned to death and the house burned down.. Almost drowned with in a foot of the ladder.. I waiting on the meteor strike to finish him off.. I figure that should happen any time now.....

And the real kicker is he has the lucky trait......
Scholar
#115 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kathwynn
I started a sim male.. Not the brightest of any sim that I have played.

He has electrocuted himself while standing in his own pee.. His house has caught on fire twice.. Both time the fire deparmant stood by and watched him as he almost burned to death and the house burned down.. Almost drowned with in a foot of the ladder.. I waiting on the meteor strike to finish him off.. I figure that should happen any time now.....

And the real kicker is he has the lucky trait......

Well, if you had survived everything he has, you'd consider yourself lucky, too! :P

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Forum Resident
#116 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 3:25 PM
I set a booby trap on the only sink in a bathroom about 2 sim weeks ago.. It hasn't been let off .

>=( Eew..

Go suck an elf...
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 7:53 PM
Well. This is not an "OMG WTF" moment more like "you gotta be kiddin' me" moment with a splash of chuckling. The family I have played now the most longest, one of the fathers now has a want to have a child with his partner. Again. Even though they now have 3 rambunctious teens in the house. And he is not a family sim. I haven't decided weather to call the adoption agency or not. I have saved his want in the want list but I am going to see if his husband gets that want too.

The three existing kids all got adopted because of that particular sim wanting to have a child in all three cases although his husband did get it on one of these occasions with him.
Instructor
#118 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RadicalWonderWorm
I've gone into a tomb to find a paparazzi (rather, a paparazzo, but EA disagrees) already there. Not sure if my Sim was famous; I don't remember him bothering me, but I talked to him when my Sim got lonely. Must've been some bug with his motives, because I think he stayed there with me a couple days and when I sent another Sim there later, he was wandering the same hallway.
Oh, I can relate.

A paparazzi once followed my adventurer sim down into the freaking great pyramid, and I remember not being mad that the paparazzi was down there, but that she had managed to avoid all the traps and locked doors I had spent a good part of the day trying to disarm and/or avoid.

What's even better is that they can still nail a celebrity sim in the tabloids for passing out to a dart trap. You're never safe from the paparazzi, not even three stories underneath the ground in a tomb. They're omniscient.

Besides the paparazzi being ridiculous, I can't let my sim have a moment to herself, or else she'll decide it's a perfect time to go play in the slip n' slide. Surrounded by four screaming toddlers? Bikini time!

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 11:42 PM
1) When sims STAND in the fire

2) My Sim is at a community lot and has to pee. There is a perfectly good bathroom that's about 10 tiles away from her but what does she do? She goes ALL THE WAY HOME to pee. Seriously? She ended up peeing herself when she attempted to JOG home.

3) A meteor was about to fall, and of course the shadow was right on top of my sim. So does my sim get out of the way? NOOOO of course not! He actually stood there, looking up at the sky, waiting for the fireworks to go off (Not to mention on him)
Alchemist
#120 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 12:59 AM Last edited by SuicidiaParasidia : 4th Jul 2011 at 6:19 AM.
add to my post at the top that apparently my sim mom can get mad at her sim teens for absolutely nothing at all (not something so small it should be inconsequential, i mean NOTHING, at all) and just out of the blue run over and scold them........... literally, one time her teen girls came home from school she accosted the older of the two, and that pop-up "thats IT ive had it blah blah grr" appeared but didnt say WHY so quite honestly i think the mother just wants her teens to hate her enough to run away. :[

i think i might just hate generations.

also:
baby cries on second floor.
sleeping daddy on first floor whines about baby waking him up.

WHAT? is that baby really SO loud that its cries can be heard through walls, doors, and all the space inbetween??

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#121 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
baby cries on second floor.
sleeping daddy on first floor whines about baby waking him up.

WHAT? is that baby really SO loud that its cries can be heard through walls, doors, and all the space inbetween??

I think you underestimate the lung power of an unhappy infant.

Also, maybe the home is poorly insulated. Damn construction workers...

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Test Subject
#122 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 12:26 PM
The teen just got off from school bus. I click do homework, and he get on taxi, away from home.
Forum Resident
#123 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:35 PM Last edited by LethalLaurie : 4th Jul 2011 at 1:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws

Hey, what do you expect from a house that was probably built in a few hours? ;D

As for me, I just sort of wish the developers would have built in a little artificial discretion when it came to the automatic queue stomping.
Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful thing sometimes to cancel out the more foolish whims of our little virtual people without having to x them out yourself, but there are other times when it just usurps all common sense.

Example:
Canceling the urge to go to the toilet when the Sim doesn't have to do it too badly (yet) so that they can get in a few socials with another Sim they're trying to befriend/woo/schmooze = Good, yay, go for it !

Canceling out the carpool if you happen to choose an interaction while they're still in transit = wtf why are you suddenly taking a taxi/jogging from work (or school, as an above poster mentioned) ?
Forum Resident
#124 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 3:49 PM
Well, if you had survived everything he has, you'd consider yourself lucky, too! :P

I guess it is like the case of the three legged, blind in one eye, been ran over by ever vehicle put out by Detroit. A dog dog called lucky...

Though on a slightly more serious note.. If that is lucky... Oh small update still no meteor shower.. However he has managed to not drown yet.. Though qurestion can a sim get eaten by a shark? Just wondering

I might want to let him try fishing.... :P
Alchemist
#125 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 1:28 AM

the two rooms were at opposite ends of the house.

._.
why would anyone have babies if that were a realistic portrayal of their lung power?

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Page 5 of 321