Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#16026 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 3:57 PM
Random question as I'm curious if anyone else has played this way before, but what about a 'Grew out of it' option where an adult sim chooses an adult trait to replace one of their childish ones? The way the game limits what traits a child or baby can have but pre-made sims that start as adult can have all adult only traits, things like flirty instead of loves the outdoors or whatever. People change in reality as they grow up, but I'm thinking about rolling for a single trait change when a sims grows into young adulthood if it fits the story later on. I don't have any particular plot idea about this, but if I want someone to grow out of their clumsiness or absent-mindedness, or even go the opposite way and become less disciplined as an adult I think it would open up some fun story options. At the same time, I wouldn't want to do this on every age up. Thoughts?

I didn't suggest this earlier when we were changing the rules because you have to use a cheat to change it or a good amount of lifetime happiness points, and I didn't want to suggest something that can't be done in normal gameplay (I know if your sim makes enough friends or whatever they can gain an additional trait now, but I'm not sure if that's from a patch or where that comes from- not the uni max influence additional trait- but some of my sims in another save have gained traits from having a lot of close friends for some reason).
From this list;
https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/...ting/traits.php

Examples of adults only traits would be Born salesman, dramatic, dislikes children, charismatic, flirty, green thumb, great kisser, hopeless romantic, nat cook, nurturing, sculptor etc etc. So a sim that has the five traits Unflirty, Green Thumbed, Technophobe, Vegetarian, and Workaholic could not exist the way we play be as those are all teen and up traits. (Another thought is to change a trait if the sim in question goes through a midlife crisis, but that rarely ever happens in my games and it's kind of late in their life)

Great to see FutureCarrie posting (And Heaven, I remember you! I'll stalk your story a bit this week. :> )

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#16027 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
(Another thought is to change a trait if the sim in question goes through a midlife crisis, but that rarely ever happens in my games and it's kind of late in their life)

You just gave your sims a midlife crisis
I use a mod that enables all traits for all ages so that not every second baby in my legacy is an excitable outdoors lover. Didn't check the new rules for that but I remember that was explicitly allowed in the old rules. If I do want to give them some sort of character development not only in the story but also in game I use the LTR, that would probably be the way to go if you wanted to include that as a roll.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16028 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:44 AM
As Nocriel said, there is a mod that allows all traits to be selectable for all ages (the rules specifically allow you to use it; Mods section #5), and there's a lifetime reward that can change traits (you're not allowed to use this reward on a random traits roll, but otherwise, all bets are off). There's also the Unstable trait, which changes up your sim's traits.
Field Researcher
#16029 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:19 PM Last edited by Marcy : 24th Jul 2018 at 1:24 AM.
I also use a mod that makes all traits available to babies and children, so much nicer for diverse characters!

Also, Silverly updates!

1.27 Priorities

1.28 Keep Busy

EDIT:

1.29 Capitulate

1.30 Judgement Day

And the last chapter of generation 1...

1.31 Can't Quite Believe it

And the first of generation 2...

2.1 Work to Do
Lab Assistant
#16030 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Keyneky : 24th Jul 2018 at 9:18 PM.
What mod to people use to unlock traits for babies and children? I tried one from here a while back and my game wouldn't even load. Haven't been able to find another one that works.

ETA:

Update: Chapter 3.18: Standing Still

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Field Researcher
#16031 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 10:13 PM
@Keynecky

Here you are; http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=588115 I linked the mod I tried in the 2nd or 3rd reply in the thread!

A Silverly update!

2.2 No it Can't Wait
Scholar
Original Poster
#16032 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 4:11 PM
Lawful Chaotic 1.14 is posted.
Lab Assistant
#16033 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 8:24 PM
I am back with a proper update!

Chapter 2.2 - Back Into Action
Scholar
#16034 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 7:56 AM
I have another update, Chapter 5.2
Field Researcher
#16035 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:56 AM
Lmao thank you @Frogsnack, it's nice to finally have some time to post

Speaking of posting, I had this update scheduled yesterday, but I was too busy to like, access my laptop

Update! Chapter 4.12 Interlude; I'm The Bad Guy

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#16036 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 5:36 PM
*catches up on thread*
I am so glad you found Katerchen, Nocriel!!! Must be such a relief for you.

And I finally have a Diffy update: Chapter 9.17. I made a whole rambling post about why I haven't updated in so long if anyone's interested, lmao.
Test Subject
#16037 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 7:02 PM
Hello everyone, I have been absent for the last months due to personal problems. Last month I lost my mom after a month in intensive care. This weekend I played again and I have a new chapter, which is too short, but that's what I could put together with with the few screenshots that I took.

And I have to catch up with the stories too!

1.7 Questions and Doubts
Space Pony
#16038 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 5:08 AM
I'm so sorry about your mom, CeresIn.

I have a new chapter. Updates may be even slower for the next while. I want to put my attention to figuring out how to mesh clothing. Wish me luck. I'll need it.
1.5 - Graduation

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Scholar
Original Poster
#16039 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 4:11 PM
My sympathies, CeresIn. I was a mess for several months after I lost what was essentially one of my parents. It takes time.
Lab Assistant
#16040 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 12:18 PM
Hello again!

Have a new chapter: Chapter 2.3 - Just Keep Fishing
Lab Assistant
#16041 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 2:11 PM
My condolences @CeresIn.

I am trying to catch up and also struggling with my next chapter. Life has not been kind to me these last few weeks. :-/

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Scholar
#16042 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 8:58 AM
Default New Update
Chapter 5.3
Lab Assistant
#16043 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 10:56 AM
New update!

Chapter 2.4 - Time to Say Goodbye

The legacy isn't ending, don't worry D:

It just felt like an appropriate chapter title.
Test Subject
#16044 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:31 AM
@kadience @NutsAndDolts @Keyneky Thank you.

New chapter 1.8 Of Evading And Telling the Truth
Scholar
#16045 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 11:06 AM
I have another update,Chapter 5.4
Test Subject
#16046 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 4:52 PM
I am so glad that this still exists. Spent so much time doing random legacies when sims 3 was still the latest sims.

Started a new one recently, and been having fun with it. Getting some entertaining screenshots. But I forgot to start doing actual narration beyond notes and screenshots so I feel like when I'm writing the game up I'm missing a lot of the situations that occurred.

Currently on generation 2, and have single with double help. I know I'm going to have one of the sisters of the heir stay, but trying to decide if I go with the third sibling as the other help or let them leave and get married and stuff. Choices!

anyways here's a link to the blog: https://drabblesrandomlegacy.blogspot.com/ and here's the first few posts:

Arachne Webb
Unexpected
Nooboo

It'll probably have some story but it's mostly just a log of what happens. Gonna try and catch up to my current game state over the next few days with blog posts and have them release slowly.
Lab Assistant
#16047 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 9:32 PM
I am back with a new chapter!

Chapter 2.5 - The Heir Is Announced

I've played until the end of Generation Two, so the remaining chapters shouldn't take too long to do.

Plus I've been given a week off work, so that's more time to play Generation Three.

We shall see.
Test Subject
#16048 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 5:27 PM
1.4: House Moves and Business and 1.5: Adoptions and Witches up now. Slowly getting through the backlog of gameplay...
Lab Assistant
#16049 Old 13th Aug 2018 at 7:17 PM
Just chiming in to let you know that I'm on sims vacation because the newest WoW expansion Battle for Azeroth will be released in 3 hours and 40 minutes! Sorry I didn't manage to finish the next chapter before that, but I'll be back after the hype has calmed down.
But for now... FOR THE ALLIANCE!
Test Subject
#16050 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 7:32 AM
I've never really written a Sims story before so I decided to dabble in it with a random challenge and started a blog! It follows the Rivers family (currently on gen 2 with 3 on the way). I find it hard to play more than 1-3 generations at any given time so I thought writing a story out would help keep my interest (so far so good). My Sims currently live on an isolated island but I hope to move them soon, I just wanted to start out my legacy with a bunch of Sims I've saved over the years but never got around to using.

It can be found here: The Rivers Family Legacy

There's only 4 short chapters so far but I'm working on them almost every day.
Page 642 of 676