Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:12 PM
Is this problem affecting anyone else's sliders? Or is it only the cc hair that everyone is having trouble with?
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#52 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:22 PM
rosidbon, for issues with individual pieces of CC, please post where you downloaded it from – that's the best way to find out whether other people have issues with that particular content and whether there's a solution. The help forums in general are for help with the game, not with individual content.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:55 PM
Fine PB. Message recieved loud and clear.

It wasn't actually different theories, it was stringing a bunch of common occurrences together, which reached a conclusion.

But hey, this is YOUR forum. I will leave it to you.

Mac-tastic Sims 3 - Tips and tutorials for making the most out of your Sims 3 experience on Mac :D
http://www.mactasticsims3.com
Test Subject
#54 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
(seamanq, please don't double post – use the edit button underneath your posts. Thanks.)

I didn't double post. I used the edit button. How do you think I got exactly the same content with more added at the bottom? Must be some glitch in the bb software. I deleted the redundant data. thanks.
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:53 PM
What cache do you clear? Your DCCache, IGACache, Sigs Cache, or WorldsCache?

I am on a Macbook with Snow Leopard...

my cc hairs aren't showing up. I download from TSR from Newsea and Ulker. Help?!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#56 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 8:34 PM
It doesn't matter what you do, because it is completely random and unpredictable. Clearing the caches (simcompositor, script, CASpart and compositor) might do the trick or not. Sometimes the only thing I did was installing some store items with the launcher and hairs showed up again - without any cache clearing - or replacing an old version of a mod with a new one and just clearing the script cache.

This is what I copied from EA's Mac forum and it shows what you can or rather cannot do:

Quote:
"Here is what I've tried that DOESN'T work:
1. Switching all graphics sliders to high
2. Switching all graphics sliders to low
3. Reinstalling the game
4. Reinstalling all downloads
5. Emptying cache
6. Installing hairs one at a time to test
7. Installing newest patches
8. Restarting the computer
9. Relaunching game
10. Reinserting disk
11. Resetting internet browser
12. Using different websites to get hair
13. Changing method of download
14. Recreating same method of opening game as when hair worked
15. Installing software updates"
End of quote

To sum things up: there is nothing you can do atm to ensure that your hairs will work. They either will or will not work when you start up the game.
#57 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 9:37 PM
Shamelessly bumping this thread to prevent proliferation of similar threads, I want to ask: has anyone noticed any change after patching?
In my game it seems to have become worse, because no matter how often I start up the game, no custom meshes anymore. I had them back for the first two or three sessions after downloading the patch, and then again for some time after installing new store items, but since then - nada.
Now, I merely leave some of them in my folders for the purpose of self-torture.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 1:12 PM
My game wouldn't even start up with peggyzone and newsea hairs in it. Anubis hair and rosesims hair work fine. No peggyzone hair will work so far. My sims are not bald. I'm still testing, though. It definitely happened after the latest EA patch. At least my sims aren't bald, the game starts up as it should, my sims don't disappear on a world adventure, the school bus is picking the children up for school, and the sims can excavate (thanks to the fix by Buzzler http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=411913 ). The game did crash to the desktop once yesterday, though. I find myself saving constantly.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:09 PM
Bestock, if you are only having issues with those particular hairs, you could try this
http://mactasticsims3.com/96/game-e...ld-sims-crikey/

Mac-tastic Sims 3 - Tips and tutorials for making the most out of your Sims 3 experience on Mac :D
http://www.mactasticsims3.com
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 6:21 AM
I also have this problem with my game. I have a brand new Macbook Pro 13" that I transferred my saved games onto from my iMac. I had no problems whatsoever with my game on the iMAC, so I was shocked when I saw my sims walking around bald-headed one playthrough. Custom clothing and accessories with new meshes show up invisible for me. Absolutely none of my CC hairs work. This includes hairs by Anubis, Peggy, Aikea Guinea, etc. I have to start up and quit the game repeatedly until all of my CC shows up properly.

If this problem isn't fixed soon in a patch, I'll be a very unhappy customer.
#61 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 9:19 AM
I'm quite reluctant to post this, because it sounds like too much voodoo, but during the last two weeks I managed to have my custom meshes show up by doing the following:

1. Start computer
2. Delete scriptcache
3. Move Mods folder out of MyDocuments to Desktop
4. Move Mods folder back
5. Move Packages folder out of Mods folder
6. Move Packages folder back
7. Move .dbc files out of DCCache folder and then back into the DCCache folder
8. Restart computer
9. Launch game (I don't use the Launcher for this)
10. If meshes do not show up then, quit without saving, restart computer again and launch the game

So far, this has always worked for me and step 10 was necessary only once. Don't ask me why. It may have to do with the fact that fiddling with these folders gives them a new change date. Note that I have also never touched the other cache files anymore.

Edit: I have the following configuration
MacBook Pro 2008 unibody 15", 2,8 GHz CPU, NVidia Geforce 9600, 4 GB RAM, MacOS 10.5.8
TS3, WA, AMB - fully patched
Mods: AwesomeMod, NRaas MasterController and Overwatch, Buzzler's Digsite and Running Bug fixers and NoMosaic AMB
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:11 PM
This is affecting both my iMac and my MacBook Pro. I don't understand why, but this is seriously messed up. Sometimes the hairs will work, sometimes they won't. Last night, I took out all my PeggyZone hairs out and every other CC hair WORKED. Now, loading up my game today, the CC hair I put on my sims yesterday... they're all bald again. It makes absolutely no sense to me. No changes to the game/configurations whatsoever save for actually taking out the hair out. I'm going to put it back in and see if, for some crazy reason, they somehow work again, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. I'm having no luck with this whatsoever.
Test Subject
#63 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 2:24 AM
As earlier in this post I had been having similar problems and like babele44 I might have found a method that works. I used to use bebele44's method but it didn't seem to work for Ambitions. After installing ambitions and moving my mods to where they belong all mods were showing except hair and some clothes. I was about to stop playing, but about a month ago I found something that worked and hasn't failed yet. ::fingers crossed::

Here is my info:

Computer:
Mac OS X 10.5.8
2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo Processor
2 GB Memory

Game:
Running on version 4.2
World Adventures and Ambitions (no HELS)
Script Mods are AD85's Extended Game Core & Twallan's Supercomputer (MasterController)
I have a ton of hair and clothes from tons of sites as well as other non-core mods

The ritual: Follow these steps exactly
1. Shut down your computer (completely off) and turn it back on
2. Delete Cache files (without removing Mods folder)
3.Run game, but QUIT the game once it gets to the main menu (the neighborhood picker as I like to call it. Your hair will still NOT show up if you stop here and just load a family)
4. Run game again but do NOT delete any cache files or remove your mods folder and reinsert it (I know it seems weird, we're so used to moving stuff to the desktop and deleting cache files but DON'T DO IT)

This is what has worked for me for 4 weeks straight and I play almost everyday.

Extra Info:
I leave my computer on all the time and just put it to sleep when not in use, but when I go to play the game I shut it completely down and reboot it first, which is step one.

I'm interested to know if people with other Macs and mods try this and it works for them too.

I feel silly being superstitious about a game (it's kind of sad) but this way has been much easier and taken a lot less time then constantly restarting my game hoping that one time it just might work. If you try this and it works for you, then let me know so other people with the same issues can try it. It might seem tedious, but depending on how quick your computer/ game takes to load it really isn't that bad. Remember you don't have to load your family and then quit, it's okay if you do, but it will take you more time if you choose to load the family.

Just remember after you start and quit your game DON'T MOVE OR DELETE ANYTHING, just click on the lovely Sim's icon and then that play button and you should be good to go.

Happy Siming!
Test Subject
#64 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 8:23 PM
mkirk, I tried your way just to see, and it didn't exactly work for me, but I found another.
I have a Macbook OS X
Version 10.5.8
2 GHZ processor, and
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory
So I'm not exactly technologically savvy, and it took me awhile to switch over to the "new" Mods/Packages folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages). In the mean time, I'd been running my Sims 3 games (WA, HELS, and Ambitions), with CC in the new location AND the old location (I know, silly), but all of my CC was working great. As soon as I switched completely to the new way, however, my sims decided to go bald.

So I copied all of my .package hairs, just the hairs, and pasted them back into the OLD Mods/Packages folder (which I recreated: Applications/The Sims 3/The Sims 3/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Ambitions/Contents/Resources/Transgaming/C_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Ambitions/Mods/Packages), as well as the Resource.cfg file (the new one, not the old one). I only put it in the Ambitions folder, in the hopes that it would work without having to copy them into every folder. And now ALL of my CC hairs (including the .sims3pack files) are working great!

I have absolutely no idea if this helps, but I wanted to post my success in the hopes that it does!
Test Subject
#65 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 10:00 AM
bonnyshoda, you speak of a new and old resource.cfg file. There are so many different ones floating around, so do you have a link to the one you're using? I'd love to try your way and want to replicate to the letter, because at this stage, superstition seems just as viable as anything else...
Test Subject
#66 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 10:46 AM Last edited by boysloveboys : 16th Oct 2010 at 9:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by bonnyshoda
mkirk, I tried your way just to see, and it didn't exactly work for me, but I found another.
I have a Macbook OS X
Version 10.5.8
2 GHZ processor, and
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory
So I'm not exactly technologically savvy, and it took me awhile to switch over to the "new" Mods/Packages folder (Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages). In the mean time, I'd been running my Sims 3 games (WA, HELS, and Ambitions), with CC in the new location AND the old location (I know, silly), but all of my CC was working great. As soon as I switched completely to the new way, however, my sims decided to go bald.

So I copied all of my .package hairs, just the hairs, and pasted them back into the OLD Mods/Packages folder (which I recreated: Applications/The Sims 3/The Sims 3/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Ambitions/Contents/Resources/Transgaming/C_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Ambitions/Mods/Packages), as well as the Resource.cfg file (the new one, not the old one). I only put it in the Ambitions folder, in the hopes that it would work without having to copy them into every folder. And now ALL of my CC hairs (including the .sims3pack files) are working great!

I have absolutely no idea if this helps, but I wanted to post my success in the hopes that it does!

This worked beautifully for me (so far, anyway—I'll have to keep testing it to see if it continues working). It made the most logical sense to me, considering I've heard a theory from some people that there was some compatibility issue with those 'old' files, and so your way was the only one I tried. I'm so glad it worked on the first try. THANK YOU! I really, really hope it continues to work; I'll die if my custom hairs refuse to cooperate.

I only have the base game, so I simply recreated the old Mods/Packages folder and reinstalled the old resource.cfg and the d3dx9_31.dll file where they used to be, since I'd deleted them when MTS advised I update to the new way. I only installed CC hairs (no matter who made them, just to be safe) in the old location, but I also have them copied in the new location.

And for anyone else who might be asking the same thing as doohdle, the original resource.cfg and DLL files I used were located here. :3

edit: finally stopped working... for no reason whatsoever. aaaaaaaargh.
Page 3 of 3