Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:28 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My Sim won't die. Help?
So... My Sim is an elder and has an adopted child, which is a teen. Both father and son aspire Knowledge.
Some day, a matchmaker left a Lamp on my lot. One of the wishes my elder Sim made to the Genie was to be able to trick death. He basically died 4 times already and the Grim Reaper let him stay alive all these 4 times. Since he is dying of old age, he dies and Grim Reaper let's him stay alive every single day.

He was a cool Sim, but because of that, he's getting on my nerves. I could just delete him while Grim Reaper comes to take him, but I wanted to have his grave, and I am afraid he gets deleted as a whole, from the Genealogic Tree, the Memories, the game files.

Does anyone have a solution/an idea of what should I do?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 5:05 AM
You have to wait for his wish to run out.

Also do not delete sims! Not unless you want your hood to be toast. I do hope you have no unlink on delete? which is for corruption from deleted/vanishing gravestones.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 10:44 AM
It may take some time, but your sim's luck should eventually run out. Here's some info from the Sims Wiki about the "Cheat Death" wish:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Genie

Quote: Originally posted by Sims Wiki
This allows the Sim who made the wish to cheat death by pleading for his or her own life. At first, this will be successful. However, after each successful plea with the Grim Reaper, the chance of success is decreased by 10%. Note that pleading with Death while dying of old age will only prolong the Sim's life for another day.
Alchemist
#4 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 8:08 PM
from my understanding, deaths where the Grim Reaper does not come would prevent sims from pleading for themselves. Cowplant is one; not sure if there are any others.
other deaths; I take maximum times for sim to plead for himself/herself is 10.