Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 2:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to extract sound files from the sims 2?
I'm trying to extract the sims voice files (with sims PE of course) but when I open them with a media player there is no audio or anything at all. Is there anyway to extract sims' voices from the sims 2? or is it not possible
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mousedroidz21
I'm trying to extract the sims voice files (with sims PE of course) but when I open them with a media player there is no audio or anything at all. Is there anyway to extract sims' voices from the sims 2? or is it not possible

I'm having the same problem
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 4:42 PM
Are you using a standard Media Player such as the one that comes with windows? That one usually doesn't work. What I find works, for me at least, is extracting them to .mp3, opening them in a dedicated audio editor such as audacity or wavepad, then exporting them as actual .wav files. While you won't get a truly loseless file doing it this way, they will at least play.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry