Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:13 AM
Default Issue with several custom windows after installing the newest patch
Not sure if I should cry....I am laughing !!!
Yesterday installed the newest patch.Then tested the game without any CC,it was fine.

Then came back to my original game - with tons of CC !

Its where it becomes interesting...As I loaded my current house (a makeover of an eaxis house in Barnacle Bay) I discovered that the windows had no more glass.Only the frames are still there,but there is no hole in the wall...and no light in the house.
Hmm....Its perfect for vampires !

My windows were from Hudy's set " Modern Line Windows".I have posted in his thread.But several other custom windows have the same issue...From different creators and different sites.However most windows are working fine.

It would help me to know if this issue is only in my game or if you have the same problem.

N.B. I don't yet have "Late Night",it will be released tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any reply
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:19 AM
Arrgggh - I would be interested to know how this plays out - are any of these windows mine?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 9:20 AM
Dear Leesester,don't worry.Not all windows have issues.Most of them work fine.Anyway the creators are not responsible for all bugs "fixed" by Electronic Arts.

Can't show you my house..It was bedtime,I forgot to be careful and was stupid enough to replace the buggy windows with others and then to save the game.My lot is now borked and if I load it the game crashes...

Well,after reading your post have quickly built four walls and added some windows.Here is the result:

Maybe its only in my game and its what I wish to know.

Have a nice day !
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 4:09 PM
Yes,they are sims3packs.I have uninstalled some of them,not yet all because it requires a lot of time.And I didn't yet test all my windows.

One is sure: There are now some new compatibility problems: One of the windows (not from Hudy) worked perfectly until now.Today just as I picked it up the game crashed to desktop.
For now I am waiting before rebuilding my whole "Downloads" folder...Hudy kindly replied and told that he was installing the patch and then testing his windows.

I look forward to know if this issue is only mine or if its shared by other players.

Thank you so much,HugeLunatic.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 5:11 AM Last edited by rian90 : 28th Oct 2010 at 5:30 AM.
It is not your game! And not all of them are sims3packs. In fact, I have found that most of the ones I have problems with are package files and most of mine are counter height although I see you are having problems with taller windows as well.

Some of the creators include Hudy, Huge Lunatic (Country Windows), Technodrome (Apartment Life Windows) as well as Dgandy and I have now found that Madaya's Classical Window...the shorter single tile, also has a problem...both from TSR and both sims3packs. The two from HugeLunatic and Technodrome crash my game and are both the counter height versions of those windows. The others in the sets work fine. I can't remove the bugged ones at all without my game crashing to the desktop.

I imagine there are many more as well but I haven't been through my entire world yet. Very frustrating to say the least. At least I know what is causing the crash though!

Lee, I have some of your windows but not sure if they are causing problems. I will spend a bit of time checking them out. If not, I think I will use yours to replace the bad ones.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 5:42 AM
The crashing isn't specifically due to the content as the only issue I have found with my windows is one wall mask not working. Otherwise my windows are currently not crashing my game.

For anyone using windows in .package format, please list if you have them as separate files or if you have merged them somehow.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 5:58 AM
Some of Einfach Simlisch's windows are also broken, mainly from his town build set.

I also had problems with the tall casement windows from madaya74. Dgandy has already fixed her colonial windows, at least the plain ones. I notified these three people and so at least they got one heads-up.

I'm not playing/saving any of my games with broken content but it's a bit frustrating because all I installed is the patch. The game won't be here for another day or two. Grrr.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:03 AM Last edited by rian90 : 28th Oct 2010 at 6:52 AM. Reason: Updating...
The crashing is due to the content. I took an empty lot and place windows on one by one and as soon as I place certain windows, my game crashed. I repeated this several times to make sure it wasn't chance and every single time, they crashed. When I took the windows out, went back to the houses which once had bad windows, they no longer crashed. I very scientifically tested my results. It is the content.

All mine are SINGLE, not merged. I redownloaded the HL's Country windows and Dgandy's arch window but that made no difference, they still had issues and HL's still crashed.

Also, I get some weird artifacts when placing almost all custom content but it goes away for the windows that are fine.

So far, these are the windows I found that do not work..I crashed so didn't finish them all but will go back.

MTS2 so far:

Huge Lunatic Window Shmidow Counterheight and the file named CountryWindow, the other sizes are fine so far. The Country window one crashed my game several times, when testing and when trying to remove it from a house.

Other package windows:

ATS2 (sorry Sandy) ATS Church Louvre and Stained glass so far.

Einfach Simlisch Town Build and City Windows, all but Town Build 1Tile large open so far.

I have found more TSR windows with problems:

Madaya74 Casement windows 5 and 11...other single tile casements okay for the moment.

Madaya74 Classical Windows 2 tile Medium..the others were fine so far. One of these crashed my game.

Dgandy Colonial Windows...All of the single tile. The Veranda arch with railing.

Update:

MTS2

Huge Lunatic Regifted Window Counterheight

Hudy Most of the Modern Line Windows except the single full length

Technodrome...Old World Small Window, this one crashed my game.

Victor_tor...Church Rose Window

Other package files:

Simpossible Opened Windows all

ATS3

Sim Supply Monticello Full length

I have a few more that I took out earlier but will test them tomorrow. I want to contact the creators before I go to bed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 7:39 AM
Thanks so much for your replies.Its a big help.Reading that my game is not broken and that I don't have everything to re-test and re-built makes me feel better.

Rian and Reachsims,probably you know that,but just in case :

Your lots are not broken.Yesterday was very frustrated because the house I was decorating before the patch repetitively crashed my game.Then I uninstalled the problem-windows via the launcher and finally was able to load the lot without any problem.The windows had been automatically replaced with default ones.Of course I currently don't keep playing....No more dangerous saves !

Thanks again to all of you.Hope that our beloved creators of windows and other CC will not stop creating.Suppose its a burden for you to update your hard work and to fix bugs added by every patch and every EP
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 4:49 PM
I know how you feel, Mehrlicht! I have been removing the bad windows as well and it does help but unfortunately, there are not a lot of windows left for me to use! But at least the game is not crashing. Interesting that it happened for you before the patch. Mine were fine until after I installed the patch.

I wonder if it has to do with an update to a window used to create the CC windows or if it has something to do with half walls. I did notice that most of the windows are counterheight or near counterheight and that some of the full length ones showed only the top half see-through while the bottom was solid wall. I also noticed that some of the windows in a set were okay, while the shorter ones crashed.

At least this problem has a simple solution.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 5:16 PM
Thanks, Rian...Sorry for my poor English.What I mean is that it happened to me after installing the patch,just like in your game.
However there are plenty of windows that work fine.Maybe you could add some to your game while Hudy is updating his fabulous set.

There are two particular windows which crashed my game :1) The "11 Dots Laurana Build Set Window Medium" converted by Mussa and uploaded with a house...Aaaargh, I adored it.
2) luna_ventana2...It was so precious !
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:24 PM
First of all, Hi.
I have to thank Mehrlicht for letting me know about this bug.
I have tested my windows both .sims3pack and .package and only windows that works good are "Modern Line Windows Full v.1/v.2/v.3" (the only one in which i didn't touch wall mask) all others have messed up wall mask. So i made new wall mask and now they are working fine.
So i guess the game messed up wall masks of windows.

VISIT MY NEW SITE hudy777DeSign
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:28 PM
Thank you, Hudy!!

Mehrlicht, were the ones that crashed your game already on the houses pre-patch? Only a few caused crashes and everyone of them were on houses. When I went into the lot, I noticed the mask was bad so I tried to delete them and the game immediately crashed as soon as I moved the hammer toward them. From then on, those windows would crash the game whenever I tried to use them. Most of the bad windows did not crash the game but simply could not be used. How would a bad mask cause a crash? Seems rather odd to me.

I have been sending creators of the other windows here so hopefully they will see Hudy's posts. Some of them cannot fix the problem because they do not see it in their game. The mask issues do not bother me so much but I don't care much for the crashing.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#15 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:32 PM
It was suggested in another thread that this may be to do with the introduction of half walls, since some windows had correct masks in the top half of the wall but broken masks in the bottom half (or was it the other way round?), so perhaps EA changed the handling of the masks for half walls. Can windows/doors/gates be put in half walls, I wonder? Well, it's good to know you seem to have found the solution Hudy.

rian90, have you tried removing your custom windows from Mods/Packages temporarily, loading the lot (so that the custom ones are replaced with EA ones), saving & quitting then replacing the custom windows?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:32 PM
Hudy ,Thanks so much for figuring out and fixing this issue so quickly.You are a master-window-maker and I am not surprised if this problem could not resist very long to your talent.
Hugs :D
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:41 PM
Whiterider, yes I did try that and it did not work. It was as if once the windows crashed the game, they would crash it every time I tried to use them. Some of the windows had the mask issue but did not crash my game. I was easily able to remove those and replace them. I even tried to redownload the windows that crashed the game but they still crashed even when replaced by a new file.

By the way, when I removed the windows from my game (via removing them from the folders or uninstalling them from the launcher) they were NOT replaced by EA windows, which I found very odd. The walls were just blank.

Also, I went to an empty lot, put down a stretch of wall, and tested every window before I put them on my list. So those were not in houses. A couple of the windows had mask errors but worked okay sometimes. However, one of those did eventually cause the game to crash.

I may have been the one to mention the half wall issue. Possibly EA changed the mask for the base window due to the addition of half walls? It makes little sense to me but i know nothing about creating Sims 3 items.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#18 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:52 PM
Hmm. Having removed the files, did deleting and then rebuilding the wall work? I wonder if maybe the windows got stuck despite not actually existing.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
... since some windows had correct masks in the top half of the wall but broken masks in the bottom half...

That is what I am seeing. I didn't yet test the doors or windows in the half-walls. Again, I am only using the latest patch since the EP is yet to arrive in the mail.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#20 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:51 PM Last edited by leesester : 28th Oct 2010 at 7:20 PM.
Well, I think we need to know if this happens:

With the 1.17 patch
With late Night
With the 1.17 patch and NO lateNight.
With the 1.17 patch and lateNight.

I have tested my windows in my game - I have 1.17 and no LateNight. No issues at all. (I had no cc in my game at all as I had removed it pre patch and I dont really play TS3 as I hate it). So I downloaded my windows to my game and THEN started using them AFTER I had patched. NO issues at all. I had no houses etc with the windows already in as I have no cc........

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:56 PM Last edited by rian90 : 28th Oct 2010 at 7:00 PM. Reason: Add info for Lee
In one house that crashed, I removed the files from the game, redownloaded, and then tried to use them again but as soon as I clicked on the window and moved it toward the house, it crashed. So I removed the files again and this time went in to put in new windows. And yes, I had to delete segments of the wall and rebuild them in order to put in different windows...it acted as if there was something already on the wall in that place. I would guess they were stuck. Maybe its the 'stuck' issue that causes the crashing.

I have another crashed building and I just removed the windows from my files so plan to go in and see if I can replace with different windows. I will report back if I have to delete wall sections again.

Both windows that crashed houses were package files from MTS2 players. I have not yet had any sims3packs crash the game although they have had the mask issues.

Lee, I had only one problem with one of your windows and it would come and go. It crashed when I clicked on but then later, when I tried again it was fine. Maybe that crash was not related although I rarely get game crashes, even with the patch. Oh, I did remove the CC before patching and then replaced it later.

I have the patch but I DO NOT have LN. At this point, I think I might wait a while.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 7:07 PM Last edited by hudy777 : 28th Oct 2010 at 7:20 PM.
You can't use windows on half walls
I used my windows with no CC in my game
I don't have Late Night installed on my comp.
My windows are now half fixed and they will be available to download before midnight.

I added TEST archive for you to test some of finished windows and give me some feedback about them, if they are good now or if they are crashing your game.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TEST.rar (911.5 KB, 42 downloads) - View custom content

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#23 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 7:31 PM
Hudy - if you believe its the TSRW wall mask I am not convinced. Rion is saying mine are crashing the game and I made those wall masks myself.....Its gotta be something else (maybe in addition)

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 7:47 PM
Hudy, thanks so much. I got the first four small square windows in ok but my game crashed as soon as the first triangular window hit the wall. It held for a second or two, I noticed it was "broken" in spots, but my game crashed right then. I'll restart my game and see how the rest of the windows work. Also, I'll jot down the names of the windows as I go so we're clear on which windows are a problem.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 8:09 PM
rian which Lee's window does crash your game??

I fixed all my windows (replaced wall mask) most of them are working fine, diagonal windows are still making some trouble.
The only window that crash my game is 45° window, i still have to see why.

Page 1 of 3