Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2018 at 7:21 PM Last edited by stingrat : 28th May 2018 at 1:45 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Solved] Experiencing problems while trying to create an empty hood
Hello~
I would like to create an empty neighborhood where I can create my own townies instead of spawning the maxis ones. I followed the steps I found online, but I've come across a few problems. I hope somebody who's done this before can help me!

I started by downloading the needed mods (anti redundancy, no townie regen, etc)

I then changed the name of my Pleasantview to N001-bak instead of N001 to prevent the default townies from generating.

The third step was to replace the stealth hoods (seasons, pets, apt life) with clean versions, but I couldn't do this because I couldn't find them. My EAgames folder has only one subfolder---Sims 2. It does not have any subfolders for my expansion packs, although I do have all the expansion packs installed in my game. I tried to search for those neighborhood files on my computer (P001, G002, V001) but they don't seem to exist anywhere.
So I decided to try and make a new hood and see what happens.

But then I came across another problem---upon opening my game, Pleasantview was gone. I don't think renaming it to N001-bak is supposed to make it disappear, but if so, is there no way to create a clean custom neighborhood while keeping Pleasantview...?

In case this info is needed---my system is 64bit windows 10
I appreciate anyone who can help me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2018 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stingrat
Hello~
I would like to create an empty neighborhood where I can create my own townies instead of spawning the maxis ones. I followed the steps I found online, but I've come across a few problems. I hope somebody who's done this before can help me!

I started by downloading the needed mods (anti redundancy, no townie regen, etc)

I then changed the name of my Pleasantview to N001-bak instead of N001 to prevent the default townies from generating.

The third step was to replace the stealth hoods (seasons, pets, apt life) with clean versions, but I couldn't do this because I couldn't find them. My EAgames folder has only one subfolder---Sims 2. It does not have any subfolders for my expansion packs, although I do have all the expansion packs installed in my game. I tried to search for those neighborhood files on my computer (P001, G002, V001) but they don't seem to exist anywhere.
So I decided to try and make a new hood and see what happens.

But then I came across another problem---upon opening my game, Pleasantview was gone. I don't think renaming it to N001-bak is supposed to make it disappear, but if so, is there no way to create a clean custom neighborhood while keeping Pleasantview...?

In case this info is needed---my system is 64bit windows 10
I appreciate anyone who can help me!

Where did you change the name of Pleasantview?
In my doc?
Or in the programs area for the game.

I have DD as my Sims 2 game and this is where you need to rename it. "C:\Games\EA GAMES\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods"

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2018 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Where did you change the name of Pleasantview?
In my doc?
Or in the programs area for the game.

I have DD as my Sims 2 game and this is where you need to rename it. "C:\Games\EA GAMES\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods"

haha omg im a dumbass, thank you sweet patient soul!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:06 PM
Hey, I'm having a related problem, so I hope it's okay for me to post here.

A while ago I was having some corruption issues, so I decided to do a fresh install of UC. I didn't launch the game right away because I was looking into how to get a clean (pre-made sim and townie free) mega/uberhood. Long story short, some months passed without me ever doing anything and I feel like I've lost all of my Mechanical skill points because I can't figure out how to do it.

I renamed my folder to N001-bak, and I have Jawusa's 5 Clean and Empty Stealth Hood Templates, but I just tried loading the game and not only do I still have the 6 or 7 neighbourhood menu selections, but all the terrible Ottomas and Goodie families are still there in the sim bin.

I've clearly gone wrong somewhere, can someone please set me on the right track?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smrhsn
Hey, I'm having a related problem, so I hope it's okay for me to post here.

A while ago I was having some corruption issues, so I decided to do a fresh install of UC. I didn't launch the game right away because I was looking into how to get a clean (pre-made sim and townie free) mega/uberhood. Long story short, some months passed without me ever doing anything and I feel like I've lost all of my Mechanical skill points because I can't figure out how to do it.

I renamed my folder to N001-bak, and I have Jawusa's 5 Clean and Empty Stealth Hood Templates, but I just tried loading the game and not only do I still have the 6 or 7 neighbourhood menu selections, but all the terrible Ottomas and Goodie families are still there in the sim bin.

I've clearly gone wrong somewhere, can someone please set me on the right track?

If you have the "Ottomas and Goodie families" then you did not follow the instructions so you may want to go back and reread the instructions and follow them how they say to do it.
Also you may need to take ownership of the folder there in when you do change them out otherwise windows will put them back in if the folder was set to read only.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:25 PM
Reread Mark's post.

Did you do rename and delete things in Programs? Mark gives you the correct file path.

If you overwrote the stealth neighborhoods in the Program files instead of deleting and replacing them, that could also cause this problem.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If you have the "Ottomas and Goodie families" then you did not follow the instructions so you may want to go back and reread the instructions and follow them how they say to do it.
Also you may need to take ownership of the folder there in when you do change them out otherwise windows will put them back in if the folder was set to read only.

Yeah, I know I went wrong somewhere, but I'm a bit clueless as to where. I just had another look at Jawusa's instructions and I see that her replacements don't seem to mention BG/DD. Maybe that's why Pleasantview has its characters still? Or am I totally off here?

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Reread Mark's post. Did you do rename and delete things in Programs? Mark gives you the correct file path. If you overwrote the stealth neighborhoods in the Program files instead of deleting and replacing them, that could also cause this problem.

I changed N001-bak in the Program Files, which from what I could tell is what marka meant (did I get that wrong?). And from what I can remember, I did delete and replace the neighbourhood files with Jawusa's templates.
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:52 PM
So I did some more searching and I realised that I have the _STEALTH HOOD TEMPLATES_ which don't impact the main hood at all *facepalm*. So, I guess now I'd like to figure out how to merge all my hoods into one for a mega/uberhood but without all the pre-made sims. Since I had to load Pleasantview to check the sim bin (I didn't play any families though), can I still create an uberhood?