Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 8:48 AM
Since when do we have actual thieves!?
I really didn't think I could be surprised by TSM anymore. Today proved me wrong.
When I started a new kingdom earlier this week, I noticed that one of the medical pictures at the physician's was missing. I could have sworn it was there. I thought it was a glitch. Then I found a small circle of red and black on the floor. The text in furnish mode was scrambled and distorted, so I sold the mysterious object for one simole and thought no more about it. Today I started another kingdom. I was redecorating the throne room when I noticed that one of my portraits was missing. Looking about, I discovered another red and black circle. I clicked on it gingerly and proceeded to read the most astounding text: "I apologize for taking this Fumidian Icon of King Cruickshank III but I liked it so much I couldn't help myself." :lovestruc
When I stopped laughing (for this was the very last thing in the world that I was expecting to read), I snagged a screenshot and took to the internet for answers. I cannot find any mention of the mysterious red and black gears anywhere. Can someone please lend me some insight? Is this the game being silly, or do we really have actual thieves?
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 6:01 PM Last edited by pixsay : 14th Oct 2015 at 6:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I really didn't think I could be surprised by TSM anymore. Today proved me wrong.
When I started a new kingdom earlier this week, I noticed that one of the medical pictures at the physician's was missing. I could have sworn it was there. I thought it was a glitch. Then I found a small circle of red and black on the floor. The text in furnish mode was scrambled and distorted, so I sold the mysterious object for one simole and thought no more about it. Today I started another kingdom. I was redecorating the throne room when I noticed that one of my portraits was missing. Looking about, I discovered another red and black circle. I clicked on it gingerly and proceeded to read the most astounding text: "I apologize for taking this Fumidian Icon of King Cruickshank III but I liked it so much I couldn't help myself." :lovestruc
When I stopped laughing (for this was the very last thing in the world that I was expecting to read), I snagged a screenshot and took to the internet for answers. I cannot find any mention of the mysterious red and black gears anywhere. Can someone please lend me some insight? Is this the game being silly, or do we really have actual thieves?

The thieves are not actual sims, (I mean you don't ever see them). It's been in the game since the start. I'm not sure if the room not being in view is enough to give you the chance of a theft, or if the lot needs to be unloaded first.
I took a screen of my first ever stolen item as well, just because I hadn't seen it before. They stole a curtain I had round a door.
I tried to upload my screenshot but it won't let me, don't know what I'm doing wrong. It's dated March 2012 so it could have been in a patch the burglars appeared.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 9:27 PM
Well, this happens because the security of your kingdom is too low. Do some quests which improves the security and it won't happen anymore
Field Researcher
#4 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 1:59 PM
I beg to differ with the comment that the thieves are not actual sims. I have seen NPC sims steal food out of my monarch's larder, and I came very close to catching a sim in the theft of a shield placed in the physician's upper bedroom. I wrote a thread here on MTS about the whole affair. It's called Caught Red-handed? Thieves in my kingdom. The link I paste below in case you are interested in reading it. It's quite interesting the events that took place, as for some time I have been highly curious if the acts of theft were committed by NPC sims, or if it was merely the game deleting items when an active hero sim was not in the location in which the theft would take place, so as the Player/Watcher could not see what happened.
However, I add now, that indeed the game can remove an item to have it look like a theft such as a situation in reality might. (It wouldn't be a game if we were to see the event occur). I can say this now, as I witnessed the game rip control out of my hands of an NPC sim as I was intending to force him to stay in the kingdom, and not wander from it by going to the Village outskirts, and otherwise unattainable for my hero sim to complete a part of his quest in which he had to interact with this NPC sim.
Yet, ultimately, I still strongly feel through my personal investigation on this subject, that yes, NPC sims are responsible for some of the thefts that go on in a kingdom. Especially other sims' food.
Certainly you have seen this act for yourself. But to literally open the monarch's larder and remove prepared dishes and then to consume that food????? THAT is NOT allowed by TSMP&N game default! But it happened in my game, as you will see if you read the thread I pasted the link for below. I discuss 2 actual events of theft that occurred in my kingdom, so is somewhat lengthy. But indeed it will help you in understanding the magnitude of theft in the game.

I love the punishment part quite a lot, when there is a perpetrator to convict, don't ya know? LOL Take Care,

Xeny

Caught Red-handed? Thieves in my kingdom:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=520714

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 5:40 AM
Thank you all so much for replying!

Pixsay: I was rather hoping some sort of Robin Hood would put in an appearance. I never patched before installing Pirates and Nobles, so the un-patched base game was all I ever knew.
On the subject of photos: I also have the worst luck with uploading photos. Instead of using an outside source, I stick to the MTS Image Upload option that appears when you scroll down far enough--just before the second Submit Reply button.

DeeDawg: That explains why I have never seen it before; I always complete every quest with a platinum rating. Try as I might, I have never been able to have a sickly or crime-infested kingdom. I know it seems a bit weird to want one, but every kingdom I have ends up blissfully happy all too quickly! Challenge me, dammit!

Xeny: Ah, the insolence of those confounded larder thieves! Now those I have had my fair share of. They and their fellow offenders--those who dare to use to royal bath and the other fools who have the audacity to dress in the same attire as the monarch--keep the pit beast very busy.
I shall go forth and check out your thread. Thank you, Xeny.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 7:31 PM
really late reply, but hovering over your kingdoms security or the other three tells what they currently do to your kingdom, and home burglaries are sometimes mentioned

heres description for neutral security
Screenshots