Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:17 AM
Default best way to travel within same lot
this thread is to be about which method would be best for sims to travel in same lot; more specifically between different floor levels.

with "Go Here" most sims walk if the distance is short and run if the distance is long. Playful sims have a "Skip Here"; faster than walking. Active sims have a "Run Here" regardless of distance; faster than skipping.

sims that earned enough Meditation skill have a "Teleport Here" while meditating.
Bon Voyage added something similar; learned from ninjas. from my understanding, ninjas appear only on Far East community lots.
the Magivestigium spell I take to be similar.

base game has "Straight" stairs and "Connecting" stairs, and Apartment Life added spiral stairs. at least one type of "connecting" stair can be placed directly above another "straight"/"connecting" stair; the stair named Holy Smokes.

Open For Business added elevators; Apartment Life added another.

My rankings for traveling between floors (from best to worst)::
1. the 3 abilities (meditation teleportation, ninja-learned teleportation, witch/warlock spell).
2. elevators.
3. Holy Smokes stairs.
4. other stairs.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:49 AM
#1 would also include the "teleport" thing listed as stairs, but the travel instantly.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:52 AM
For what it matters, if you use Macrotastics to tell a Sim who knows how to teleport (either ninja-teleport or magivestigium) to clean up, they'll actually teleport to get from spot to spot. Cracked me up first time I saw it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:09 PM
People seem to be forgetting that with the base game sims can also teleport. Have the sim to meditate for a quite some time until they will acquire the skill (indicate when they start floating at the mean time session).
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:43 PM
Insta-teleportation (the cheaty kind) is the fastest. It's either a feature of Insim, or an enabled debug option. The regular teleporting takes way too long.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:32 PM Last edited by Annorah : 12th Dec 2017 at 4:13 PM.
Wait, wait, wait. You are telling me Sims can teleport by meditating? Why am I learning about this on the verge of 2018?!?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 4:38 PM
For large houses #1 for small house "go here" is the choice.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annorah
Wait wait wait. You are telling me Sims can teleport by meditating? Why am I learning about this on the verge of 2018?!?

Dunno. Probably simmers underrate it for whatever reason. You can read about it here.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:33 PM
Well... at least you guys have something to boast about in "What did I discover today" thread, lol.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Insta-teleportation (the cheaty kind) is the fastest. It's either a feature of Insim, or an enabled debug option.
Sim Manipulator has a teleport option; I do not recall insimenator having such an option. and I do not recall the testingcheatsenabled cheat unlocking such an option; though the last time I Shift-clicked on ground/floor, I had just base game.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 12:45 AM
Fastest always seems to be the ninja-learned teleportation.

Don't forget about Vampires' ability to transform into a bat that can fly over countertops and half-walls too though...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#12 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
Sim Manipulator has a teleport option; I do not recall insimenator having such an option. and I do not recall the testingcheatsenabled cheat unlocking such an option; though the last time I Shift-clicked on ground/floor, I had just base game.

Using the 'DEST' version of InSim gives you a Teleport menu option when you click on the ground. I use it constantly. Short attention span.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 7:32 PM
Even sims with a low Active rating will run if they're in a very good mood. They have to be nearly maximum green to do it though. The maxmotives cheat works nicely if you want to try it.

The Sim Manipulator also has a teleport option if you click on the ground. Good for getting around traffic jams.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 10:14 PM
remembered another transportation method:: "Fly Here"; in shipped version vampires have it.