Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 3:11 AM
Default A particular issue
I’ve had the issue with Sims 3 for years of only certain mods showing up/functioning in game. This time around, upon installing it, I downloaded a mod conflict detector and deleted all the broken mods, yet, only about a third of my good mods actually appear in-game. I have no issue with the test mods, or that third of my mods, but the rest... just isn’t there. I’ve tried everything I could think of; searching for cc specifically in-game, deleting the cache, restarting my computer, I triple-checked to make sure they were all Package files for the sims 3.
For example, none of my custom makeup appeared, nor did my skins, but I had plenty of custom hair appear, as well as some clothes.
I simply don’t think this problem is solvable, just another part of technology being my biggest enemy. Btw, before anyone asks, I JUST installed the game, so yes, of course it’s patched up-to-date. I have most of the expansions and stuff packs(except the ones I have that don’t work on my computer for some reason, town life stuff and the special Katy Perry expansion). The mods work fine for other people, so I don’t understand.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HiddenShadows798
I’ve had the issue with Sims 3 for years of only certain mods showing up/functioning in game. This time around, upon installing it, I downloaded a mod conflict detector and deleted all the broken mods, yet, only about a third of my good mods actually appear in-game. I have no issue with the test mods, or that third of my mods, but the rest... just isn’t there. I’ve tried everything I could think of; searching for cc specifically in-game, deleting the cache, restarting my computer, I triple-checked to make sure they were all Package files for the sims 3.
For example, none of my custom makeup appeared, nor did my skins, but I had plenty of custom hair appear, as well as some clothes.
I simply don’t think this problem is solvable, just another part of technology being my biggest enemy. Btw, before anyone asks, I JUST installed the game, so yes, of course it’s patched up-to-date. I have most of the expansions and stuff packs(except the ones I have that don’t work on my computer for some reason, town life stuff and the special Katy Perry expansion). The mods work fine for other people, so I don’t understand.

HiHS798 - Sounds like you might have a few things going on here. For starters could you clarify a few things:
Are you on a PC or MAC?
What mods are not showing up? Or are you referring only to Custom Content defined as objects, clothing and other CAS items?
Where are you installing your mods and custom content?
Your up to date patch - Are you referring to 1.67 or 1.69
How was your game installed: Discs? Origin? Steam?
What mod conflict detector did you use to check your custom content? If it was Delphy's and you deleted from that application you might have unknownly deleted files you needed that were in DCCache or your Mods folder. Not all content that shows up in Delphy's as conflicts are actual conflicts. If it was Delphy's take a look at the attached PDF document: Understanding Mod Conflicts Using Delphys Dashboard

Your responses to these questions will help other help you identify and hopefully resolve you game issues.