Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 4:17 AM
Default Creating patterns from terrain paint
Is this possible and if so, are there any tutorials? I'd like to make patterns for floor tiles out of all the EA terrain paints but I haven't made anything since Sims 2 so I'm not really sure how it works.
The incomplete room moodlet I get in rooms that have terrain paint instead of a proper floor are driving me crazy but none of the floor patterns match the terrain paints.
Thanks~

"Until our shattered selves once again collide."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 2:43 AM
You should copy the texture from the terrain paint and make a new pattern. Then you can apply the pattern to the floor tile in your game. To copy the texture, open S3OC and select cloning > terrain paints, then find the one you want and copy the texture. Then make a new pattern and give it the texture you copied from the terrain paint in s3oc. I hope this isn't too difficult to understand. To learn how to make patterns, view the "Patterns" forum.

"He who sleeps on the floor will not fall off the bed." -Robert Gronock
Interstellar Traveler
#3 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 4:37 PM
I know this topic is old, but I am going to go ahead and answer it anyway. Yes, there are tutorials on creating patterns for TS3 You can find them here: TS3 Pattern Tutorials. Then from there, you can try what BeatlesGeorgeH suggested.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod