Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 12:34 AM
Default worst TV shows on TV
I used to think toddlers and tiaras was the worst, but now I think Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is the worst, TLC has become the trash can of TV programming!..

Can you think of any bad TV shows?
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 1:00 AM
I turned off cable years ago. I have only free digital tv, about 8 channels, and one of them is in spanish. Three of them are PBS stations, and two of them show nothing but old retro shows from the 60's and 70's. And I STILL think what I can watch on tv is ten times better than any "reality" crap that passes for entertainment these days.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 1:18 AM
the lowest cable package with my cable TV provider is basic cable, channel 2 to 28 and channel 70 and music channels with black screens in the hundred range, I tried basic cable in October for 3 weeks and found myself mostly watching late night talk shows and afternoon talk shows and nearly went bored out of my mind!..

I had them turn on the channels between 29 to 70 because I watch CNN, TLC, discovery channel, SPIKE TV, A&E and OLN, HGTV and SPACE and history channel

HGTV is the home garden channel, they play a lot of renovation shows and real estate house hunting type shows!..

I cancelled my PVR in October, $24,95 plus taxes rental is to much, yea it gives you over 500 channels, but most are crappy channels and time shiften duplicate time zone channels, Rogers cable uses those crappy scientific atlanta PVR's made in Mexico
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 1:32 AM
Unless I get married to a man who really, really wants cable or satellite TV, I'm content to go the rest of my life without it. I'd want a TV in order to play video games, but that's it.

The only things I watch on TV are baseball games, the Olympics when it comes around, and Wipeout. And Wipeout I watch via Hulu on my laptop. So yeah, I couldn't tell you the worst TV shows out there simply because I just don't watch TV.

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Theorist
#5 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 1:34 AM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 30th Dec 2012 at 3:33 AM.
The 700 Club
The Brady Bunch ( in syndication ) I just don't like it for the thanksgiving episode, the rest of the show is probably okay
Maliboo Kuntry
Fox News
CBS News
Glee
Any Wrestling Entertainment
Any Saturday Night Live
Friends ( in syndication )

Anything that is on channels 203-999
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 1:58 AM
Teen Mom/ 16 and Pregnant.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 6:26 AM
Totally agree with the OP and frankokomando. I've actually never seen any of those shows, but I really don't want to.

The only access I have to television now is Netflix. I can't stand about 90% what's on tv today so I just turn on my Netflix and watch shows like The Wonder Years, Monk, King of the Hill, and many others. I don't miss tv, especially with all the annoying commercials.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 7:16 AM
Anything vampire or werewolf-related
Fox news ESPECIALLY there little discusion thing called red-eye or somthing
Glee
And, im sorry, 2 and a half men. I cant stand that show ever since charlie sheen left.

Beep boop bop
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 10:23 AM
Anything on MTV

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Field Researcher
#10 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 9:38 PM
I cannot stand Vampire Diaries or Two and a Half Men.

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daniandan
Anything on MTV

MTV isn't what it was first. It's garbage now indeed with all those realitygarbage and so called actors/actresses who have an attitude of "hey, look to me now". Attentionwhores is what i call them.
MTV used to be a decent musicchannel once with a few shows. Single out with tom green and jenny mccarthy was good. Then there was a program called the lick. And then on Saturdays you had mtv dance. Well, this was the case with MTV Europe. All gone now. What has viacom done.

Anyway, next to that i would say that all of the so called singing programs are the worst. The voice, x factor, idols, that kind of stuff. Pure garbage. Also those realitystuff around people is awfull, such as that of the kardashians. I also don't like New Kids, which is a show here on the Dutch television. A show around some men who doesnt have any manners. Actually almost whole of the television is garbage. I call it garbage television what is on now. I only watch some sports, like football (soccer), olympic games, speedskating, darts. And i watch the news sometimes. Oh and i also watch 24 and house m.d. But otherwise i don't watch any television.
Theorist
#12 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 11:41 PM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 1st Jan 2013 at 12:37 AM.
Quote:
Anything on MTV

Quote:
What has viacom done.

From what I understand from something I watched, mtv HAS to run with the attention drama shows they have now. They cannot go back to showing music videos because we now live in a time after legislation and business practice has arranged for us to download video with our phones and gadgets. They are no longer an exclusive material, so there would be nothing special about mtv showing music vids and poor profits to be gained by them. If they did show music videos they would be FORCED to run Beiber, GaGa, etc., pretty much whoever has the strong fan following. And mtv would just rather not.
Test Subject
#13 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 12:19 AM
Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory.
Inventor
#14 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 1:24 AM
Anything on MTV, all those shows about children dressing up as sluts, teen moms (anything related to women that has newly become mums), My Big Fat American Gypsy wedding, The Bachelor (though I've seen a bit of the latest season sadly)... and Grey's Anatomy. I don't know why, but I absolutely can't stand that tv show.
Inventor
#15 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 7:28 AM
Anything Kardashian related, South Park, My Big Redneck Vacation, Jersey Shore and anything related to it
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 9:35 AM
South Park used to be a good show in the early 2000's, that is until around the mid-late 2000's when the show started to become more of a parody of reality than an actual comedy show. The jokes are quite stupid and completely unoriginal nowadays.

Two and a Half men used to be great as well, that is until Charlie left and the network put Aston Kutcher as the star. Sorry but Aston Kutcher acting like a fucking retard hasn't been funny to me anymore since That 70's Show ended.

And I'd definitely agree with Honey Boo Boo. That show is undoubtedly the worst pile of trash I've ever seen on television. Watching that show really does make you appreciate all of the old shows from the days when television was actually worth watching.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#17 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 9:48 AM
Everyone is right about Honey Boo Boo. It's sickening that the "parents" are exploiting their children for money.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 5:02 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised to see that several people are noticing TV is not a fundamental part of life and not even owing one. I don't have a tv at home for some 3 years now, nor feel the need to watch it on my computer. That said, the little I know about every popular """reality""" show around is enough to make me consider them the worst TV has to offer. Not only it's mostly scripted crap, but it dwells on all that is gross and petty about humanity. Gossip, pointless power struggles, fashion criticism, money worship, the idea that fame is essential, that a person's worth can be measured using this criteria or that criteria (and usually some crappy ones at that).
I know a bit about other shows that seem to look good - dramatic series mostly. As I love fiction, I imagine those have a lot to offer in that regard, except when it comes to TV always trying to steer away from "too much philosophy" and fear of going against the tide, which always ends up cheapening the plot. Also documentaries are a good thing, though one should keep their eyes opened for the unavoidable bias every single one has (often widely intentional, and a few times just accidental given the short time).

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 7:36 PM
About 99.99% of the TV shows in existence...

"Better to have a short life that is full of which you like doing then a long life spent in a miserable way."

Alan Watts (1915 - 1973)
Instructor
#20 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 10:08 PM
The Only Way is Essex
Geordie Shore
The Valleys

(anything in that category really)

Practically anything from TLC is awful too.

As for MTV, "Awkward" is quite good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1663676/

but that's a comedy/drama, not a reality TV show.

Edit: Oh. How did I forget Big Brother?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 10:11 PM
There are a couple of shows I actually enjoy on TLC - my "guilty" pleasures, however "Toddlers and Tiaras" is not one of them. I find it sickening and sad that children are being raised with such empty values and that so much energy and money is spent on making them "showable".

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#22 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 8:13 AM
I cannot get through a SyFy original movie even if I'm in the right mood. They make it worse when they interrupt with their signature, SyFy: Imagine Greater. They've been doing this for a while and so they must have been holding an audience all that time. That audience must be like Obscurus Lupa, they want the show to be terrible so that they can bask in it. So "original movie" and "imagine greater" are inside jokes, because if they aren't then I think I would rather drink from a river or catch malaria.
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 5:30 AM
Marvin Marvin

Seriously, get that crap off Nickelodeon.
#24 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ripleyrawr
Marvin Marvin

Seriously, get that crap off Nickelodeon.

Not to mention tons of other junk; for example SpongeBob should've been canceled by now
Mad Poster
#25 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
Not to mention tons of other junk; for example SpongeBob should've been canceled by now

Agreed. Whenever I switch the channel over to Nickelodeon, it is always showing SpongeBob

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Page 1 of 3