Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 6:58 PM
Dubstep- Like or Dislike?
I know some people find it annoying, but I like it. It's all a matter of preference, really. I wasn't always like that, though. My musical tastes have changed a lot over time. Basically it went from fast-paced techno -> pop (in general) -> house (deadmau5 in particular) -> Dubstep.
I can actually listen to pretty much anything (with the exception of rap, ugh) and like it but dubstep tends to catch my ear more so.

So where are you on the genre? Like, dislike, or indifferent?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 8:32 PM
Oh my gosh, I love dubstep! I will listen to any kind of electronic music but Dubstep has always held a special place in my heart. In my opinion, Monstercat has some of the best, but I also like Borgore or the occasional Knife Party. :D
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:05 PM
Straight up Dubstep with random automatized, machine, crashing noises? No.

Songs influence by heavy bass? Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsnlBtlimBA

:lovestruc

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Scholar
#4 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 2:29 AM
I like dubstep influence in songs but I don't like that "robots-having-sex" noise, haha. I like elements of it in songs but not straight-up 100% dubstep. Just a light/medium touch.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 2:36 AM
^ same, I ocassionally find some pure dubstep thats awesome, but most of the time its not within my taste. I do love house, dance and electro
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 3:40 AM
The beat in that song is not bad, Q.

I listen to a lot of electric influenced music, and I actually do like some dubstep. So much of it sounds like teen trash, but there's some good shit out there. Bibio remixes are always cool- the dude's incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx6Z...EB3A27F1D3C980A

A lot on that album can be considered dubstep- though most have less of the wubwub than the one linked. His original stuff has a lot more natural feel and it makes a good mix. (All the flowers Lone Remix is good too )

...Imma just geek out over bibio on the whole here.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 6:00 AM
I like dnb and breaks so I like the sounds of dubstep but the pace is a little slow for me. It sounds like it should be a breakdown in a set rather than the whole set.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 6:04 AM
I'm not much of a fan. I find most songs annoying.
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 10:55 PM
I dont like it very much because it gets on my nerves and Its just not my style, I like rock music :-P