Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 7:26 PM Last edited by yanabooarick : 12th Jan 2014 at 11:39 PM.
Default HELP!!! How To Make Non-Default Bottle A Default Replacement?
I converted this bottle mesh from TS2 the other night and I'm having trouble making it a default replacement of Ea baby bottle for TS3. Is this even possible though? If so how do I go about doing it without making it a buydebug object?
THIS IMAGE BELOW IS JUST A REFERENCE OF THE OBJECT THAT I AM WORKING WITH.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 8:19 PM
You tagged this s3pe/s3oc and you are showing TSRW as your tool. You can't make default replacements with TSRW it always makes new separate objects.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You tagged this s3pe/s3oc and you are showing TSRW as your tool. You can't make default replacements with TSRW it always makes new separate objects.

I was just showing a picture of the object. I know I can't use tsrw to make default replacement.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 12:15 AM
You best clone the original EA sims 3 bottle with S3OC with renumbering unticked.
When done load it in S3PE and delete all textures/patterns you are not going to edit.

In tsrw you click projects contents under menu.(with your current project or clone something new, doesn't matter wat you choose)
In the popup you delete all files from the file your working on.
When done import the package you created with s3OC.

Fix textures and meshes and export the file under project contents.
Open it with S3PE again and recompress all files.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
You best clone the original EA sims 3 bottle with S3OC with renumbering unticked.
When done load it in S3PE and delete all textures/patterns you are not going to edit.

In tsrw you click projects contents under menu.(with your current project or clone something new, doesn't matter wat you choose)
In the popup you delete all files from the file your working on.
When done import the package you created with s3OC.

Fix textures and meshes and export the file under project contents.
Open it with S3PE again and recompress all files.

Thanks so much for your help!! Unfortunately I followed your instructions and went in game to find an invisible bottle. Is there anyway to fix this?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 11:17 AM
Did you remember to assign the bottle mesh to a joint in your meshing program?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Did you remember to assign the bottle mesh to a joint in your meshing program?

I pulled it back up in milkshape just to make sure and yes they are assigned.
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 2:16 AM
you must have forgot something
Maybe texture wise
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 2:35 AM Last edited by yanabooarick : 15th Jan 2014 at 8:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
you must have forgot something
Maybe texture wise

Is there a way I can just add the mesh and texture through S3PE and like by pass tsrw alltogether? Or some other program?Also could my poly count be too high?