Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 12:42 AM
Default Weird animation result from door
I'm editing the scrollington's door from SN, (mostly for textures) but difference is i'm using the mesh in a basegame object clone because once i'm fully done editing it i want the finished project to be base game compatible.

Being this is the first door ive made i don't know how to edit the animations when a sim interacts with it, but the reason im posting is when my sim walks through the door it borks it and the door panels end up having this weird error where they spread out randomly. have a look

Is this because i need to edit something? Its my first door so excuse my ignorance.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 1:25 AM
Did you clone the same type of door - a double swing-opening door? I would import the BG mesh and copy its bone assignments over to your mesh.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Did you clone the same type of door - a double swing-opening door? I would import the BG mesh and copy its bone assignments over to your mesh.
Yeah i cloned another double door, ive never done any bone assignments before, how do i go about that?
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 2:08 AM
Im pretty sure EP objects are basegamecompatible as long as they dont contain sounds.

Using a basegame file is possible but alot of work.
You need to update the RLST and RIG file.(easier to replace them)
Also each Mlod contains joint offsets wich need to be updated aswell.
And as White said, the mesh has boneassignements, they need to be correcty assigned.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Im pretty sure EP objects are basegamecompatible as long as they dont contain sounds.

Using a basegame file is possible but alot of work.
You need to update the RLST and RIG file.(easier to replace them)
Also each Mlod contains joint offsets wich need to be updated aswell.
And as White said, the mesh has boneassignements, they need to be correcty assigned.

EP items are not base-game compatible, they have an issue where the model does not display the textures correctly, i did a test on this.

How do i properly assign bones to a door though? I know TSRW has that tool inside it now to do it manually so i don't necessarily need milkshape, but i messed around with it a bit & the same issue occurs since i am unsure of how to properly adjust the bone-assignments.
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 3:32 AM
Assigning is best done in milkshape.
They often have 3 or 4 joints lisdted.
frame.(transformbone)
left door.
right door.

The easiest way:
Clone a similar basegame door and exports its meshes.
Import those meshes in Milkshape.
Import your custom(EP) meshes aswell
Scale/move your custom/EP meshes in a way that the hinges of those doors match the hinges of the original.
Give each door(left and right) the same joint assignement as the basegame door(the frame is with all doors 001)
Then delete the basegame meshes and export your custom meshes.

The hard way:
This means you want to stick to the orginal size of the EP doors.
That means you have to change atleast one of the doors hinges offset.
You then still need to import the basegame meshes to calculate how much the hinges offset is diffrent from the basegame ones.
I would position one hinge at the same spot as the original so i only have to edit the oposite side.
Calculate the offset of the hinge with move button(select one mesh, fill in a value in the Y(i believe) box, then hit move.
Fll in diffrent values, then hit move till the hinge fits the original(use ctrl Z to reset and change the value)
When you found the correct offset write it down and export your custom EP mesh
In TSRW:
-in the meshtab you find under skin each offset of the joints, update the offset you changed.
-Install S3PE and Atevera's wrappers/Rigeditor and install tsrw's S3PE plugin.
-Hit project content and in the popup you select the RIG file.
-Rigt click it and choose ''open as package in s3PE''
-In S3PE right click the file again and open it with the rigeditor.
-Change the offset of the doors hinge joint.
Think that is propably it.

When done import meshes, update textures and wallmasks