Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 7:28 PM
Default Origin Sale -- 60% off Sims 3 titles.
Island Paradise - 17.99
University - 14,99
Seasons - 11,99
Supernatural and older - 7.99

Base game 4.99
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 7:44 PM
Dammit why didnt I discover this game like now?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 7:47 PM
Oh God, IT'S SO TEMPTING.

I'm trying to tell myself 'but it's through origin' ... but I want to do it.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 7:57 PM
All of my Amazon purchases are now Origin downloads -- they did this without my consent when Seasons came out. i figure "In for a penny; in for a pound."
Alchemist
#5 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 8:21 PM
Too bad, I've only got 8 dollars and I need 'em for food.
Otherwise I would've bought WA or the two world bundle.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 8:22 PM
Pfft, now if only those sales were applied to Origin purchases through Amazon as well. I have plenty of gift card money on that side to burn :p
Theorist
#7 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 8:35 PM
Digital download or physical disc? I prefer physical disc but those are good prices - and I do need IP and UL.....

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 8:35 PM
I always check Amazon about once a week. I got Uni on sale for 19.99 there two weeks ago.
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 11:43 PM
Mmm...Island Paradise is really tempting, especially because the sale is for both download and disc copies but....I had to uninstall Uni because it made my game lag so bad, so I'm probably going to pass.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 12:09 AM
Well, now I really feel good...finally broke down and bought Seasons from Origin this Monday at full price...
Scholar
#11 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 5:26 AM
Funny, EBGames over here just started a sale specifically on Sims stuff as well ... only 50% off, but that's for a hard copy.

It's interesting though, because they don't alter the price at all for older EPs. They're all exactly NZ$35 discounted - from World Adventures right up to Island Paradise.

The basegame is actually more expensive than any of them, I think it was NZ$40 discounted.
Alchemist
#12 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Legislacerator
Mmm...Island Paradise is really tempting, especially because the sale is for both download and disc copies but....I had to uninstall Uni because it made my game lag so bad, so I'm probably going to pass.

I would not recommend Island Paradise. Last time I played in my household in Isla Paradiso (yesturday) the game crashed twice in like 5 minutes, there are unused boats just floating in the sea like everywhere and Kraken was bugged too.
One Minute Ninja'd
#13 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I would not recommend Island Paradise. Last time I played in my household in Isla Paradiso (yesturday) the game crashed twice in like 5 minutes, there are unused boats just floating in the sea like everywhere and Kraken was bugged too.

I'm not doubting you at all. I've seen several posts about folks having trouble with IP. But honestly, that's not universal. I'm running all EPs, a bunch of SPs (not the recent ones, as they just haven't thrilled me, or KP for obvious reasons I won't elaborate), and run a heavily modded game, but have not had any stability issues with IP at all. I'm not even having any horrible routing problems with it, either. Other than, of course, stuff like the borked dive caves that were fixed by Shimrod and then by EA's patch. I'm running on pretty decent hardware, but it's not some liquid nitrogen cooled overclocked multi-video card gaming monster either.

I wish there was away to predict who would experience trouble before buying an EP, but I know of no reliable standard. I guess it comes down to if your machine is already running most of the heavy demand EPs without much difficulty, like Pets and Seasons, you're probably going to be fine. But you won't know for sure until you load it up. And with the prices so low, at least you're not gambling the full release price to discover the EP is too much for your system to handle.
Alchemist
#14 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 12:28 PM
^ But I have a gaming computer from May 2013?
One Minute Ninja'd
#15 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 1:27 PM

You got me. Honest, IP runs well on my machine, and it's technically not a gaming machine (i7 @3.4/3.7 no additional overclocking, 12 GB RAM, GTX 660 w/2GB RAM, 2X1 TB drives, 1 2 TB ext. USB 3 drive, 22" 1080p screen, certainly not bad, but not a top tier gaming box). Have you gone through the tedious and painful troubleshooting steps? Running plain vanilla, no mods folder, no DDCache folder/or at least content disabled in the launcher, although I find pulling the folder a lot easier than ever facing that Launcher unless I have no choice for an install? Does it still CTD so easliy? Did you reinstall in case your install got corrupted, at least of IP, and repatch? I know it's a pain in the ass to do all that stuff, but really, crapping out after only a few minutes of play is not normal, especially if you post that you have the hardware to handle the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 1:29 PM
Default A note on IP

I have a 3.5 year old gaming computer which by standard is now out of date and IP runs fine. Have all EP's but UNI and SN. I did have a few bugs in the beginning and it took a bit to clean things up. If you use mods make sure they are up to date. Also, if you do use mods (that includes the store and 3rd party objects, skins and lots) try playing a vanilla game and see if you crash. I had a few crashes but discovered some of my 3rd party CC objects that worked fine up until patch 1.55 was causing problems. A royal pain to check through but once the culprits were found problems decreased. I don't know if you are familiar with Nraas mods but they have made a huge difference; there is one for just about everything and they keep the game very playable and have options that make it more enjoyable. The help forums on this site, Nraas and Crinrict's help blog can help you resolve just about everything. If you need links, let us know. Hope you can get IP up and running; it really has some nice features.
Instructor
#17 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 1:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I've been debating about getting Showtime, but a low price might just tip me into getting it.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:16 PM
Default Forgot To Mention
Quote: Originally posted by pureheart
Thanks for the info. I've been debating about getting Showtime, but a low price might just tip me into getting it.

You might want to try installing the Superpatch. Scroll down to: The Super Patcher and You at this link: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+Level+Compatibility. It actually cleared up quite a bit of inconsistencies in my game even though all my patches were up to date. I downloaded mine from Sims VIP http://simsvip.com/?s=superpatch+1.57
Field Researcher
#19 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:16 PM
IP runs fine for me and I'm playing on a laptop. Guess I'm just lucky!

Anyway thanks for letting us know, the sale prices aren't as good for me but still decent. I could get ambitions for €14 but meh, I don't think I'll bother.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 4:11 PM
SWEET!!

I recently decided to give this game a try (after I got the starter pack for $5 through the humble bundle). Now I can add Seasons at a reasonable price. I'll probably throw in Ambitions as well. Hurrah!

Thanks for the notification.
Alchemist
#21 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 6:06 PM
I would really like to try out Showtime, I know a lot of people dislike it but Starlight Shores looks lovely.
One Minute Ninja'd
#22 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 6:34 PM
I would really like to try out Showtime, I know a lot of people dislike it but Starlight Shores looks lovely.

It's an acquired taste. The modern look is great if you like that style of architecture, which I actually do, but everything really does revolve around the ST careers, so it's really only fun if you like the singer/magician/acrobat stuff. If you play it just with straight careers, you're just buying some architectural style. I actually liked it when it first came out, but after playing through the careers once, I found the singer, for me, the only one worth repeating, and even that wore thin after a few more playthroughs. I don't even bother placing performance lots in any of my new worlds anymore. So if you're not, IMO, looking for a lot of re-playability, getting it on sale and enjoying the professions for a while is not a bad idea. It just couldn't sustain my interest over time, is all.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 10:41 PM

I love Starlight Shores, my only complaint is that the map is a bit small. I would say go ahead and get Showtime if it's a good sale price, I hardly ever use the careers that came with it but the objects, CAS stuff and the world make it worthwhile for me.
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:10 AM
Thanks for the info! I'd been waiting for an opportunity to buy generations. For what it added I didn't feel it was worth the price it had been, but I'll accept it for 8 bucks.