Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 8:27 PM
Please help really :(
My milkshape trial is over in a week! and i even dont "like" hair meshing in milkshape.

I love Wings 3D I do my objects w/ it. Can someone help me in telling me if I could hair mesh in WINGS!? or if they know how? or they know a tutorial about it???????

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 8:37 PM
No, you really can't. Wings 3D will only allow the most minor of edits to hair meshes (slight changes in length, using the Meshtool) and I wouldn't recommend it even for that as you cannot change bone assignments, and hair is highly dependent on exact and perfect bone assignments for proper animation.

There's no free program I know of that will let you do hair meshing, and, err, besides, $RaMRoM$, I've seen no evidence that you've successfully finished a body mesh - and that's a prerequisite before you work on hair. Basic stuff first, then complicated things like hair.

Milkshape is definitely worth the money to buy, quite nice to mesh in once you get the hang of it (especially for beginners) and is the only thing I know of (besides 3DS Max) that does Sims 2 hair in any decent capacity whatsoever. If you want to eventually do hair, after you have the needed basis and practice in bodies, you'll need Milkshape.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.