Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 9:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Finding and deleting cc left from downloaded sims
I downloaded some sims on the internet and it has left a ton of unnecessary sliders and default eyes. I would delete most of it and leave some good stuff but i don't know how. I have cc magic, sims 3 package editor and s3pe. I actually don't know how to find the location of the cc the came with the sims. Any help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 4:14 PM
If you the downloaded content in Sims3pack files, you can use a programme named CUSTARD to go through a Sims3pack and see what every file inside that Sims3pack is used for. Usually most of them are package files and you can extract all the package files with Sims3Pack Multi Installer and look for the files you want to use. That is what I do for large Sims3packs for some cc bundle where I just want to use one or two things. There are some things though what should not be installed through CCMagic I think, like the sliders you mentioned, but maybe it has changed.
Anyway, hope it helps some.
Site Helper
#3 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 4:51 PM
Sims 3 Package Editor and S3PE are both package editors. What you can do with one you should be able to do with the other one. (Assuming it runs on your computer and you can figure out the controls. Right clicks are helpful in s3pe.)
If you downloaded them as sims3packs, which would seem to be the case, I'm pretty sure that CC Magic would have installed them in the DCCache along with everything that you have installed with the Launcher. (Although I don't have CC Magic.)

A real long shot (so save your entire Sims 3 folder in Documents so you can put everything back if this doesn't work) would be to make a bunch of sims that use only, and everything that you want to keep. Then "Share" them to your hard drive. They will go to Documents/The Sims 3/Uploads.
Now see what CC Magic and the Launcher will uninstall for you if you uninstall the sims that brought the stuff.

If it gets rid of everything, fine. You can install your sims that you shared to your desktop to get back the things you wanted to keep. if it gets rid of only what you were trying to get rid of, even better (and less likely.) If it doesn't help, and your DCBackup is empty, the only thing I can think of would be to remove the DCCache files and then reinstall the sims3packs you want to keep.

(And this would be another reason to keep a backup from before you started.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 8:03 PM
Where the CC is installed will depend on how the CC was added to the game before it was used to create the sim, as well as how the sim was exported from the game. Some of it will be in either the DCCache or DCBackup folders(can't remember which of those folders it's in), however much of the CC will be merged inside the actual .sim file in the SavedSims folder.

If it's all merged into the .sim files, then removing it is the same as removing CC from a merged .package file, a nightmare, especially if you don't have the original .package files.

In this case and asuming you want to keep the sim then you really only have two-ish options.
First is to load the sim into CAS, then go through it and swap out every bit of CC for game content, skin,hair,makeup,clothing etc once that's done save the sim back to the CAS sim bin (it'll create a second .sim in the SavedSims folder), now quit the game and start the launcher, assuming the sim was installed that way to begin with, now uninstall said sim through the launcher.

Second option is more brutal, basically you open the .sim file with S3pe, and delete every line in it that isn't tagged SIME, SIMO or SNAP, then save the file, the sim will look dreadful in CAS, but can be rebuilt using game content or CC of your choice.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 7:47 PM
Probably should have added, that you only do those options if you have all of the custom sliders used by that sim, already installed in your game, otherwise the sim will lose all of the custom shapes created by those sliders.

If you don't have the sliders, then your only real choice is to open the .sim file in S3pe, and only delete the lines with the CASP tag, this will stop the game from seeing any of the Clothing, Hair, Makeup, Accessories, but any custom skin and the slider data will still be there for the sim to use.