Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:57 PM
Default Looking for Scary/psychological/creepy stuff. Any recommendations?
Like the title of the thread says, I'd like to hear about any of your favorite Anime series/movies that focus on the creepy factor. Things like "Perfect Blue", "Boogiepop" and "Lain". Stuff that makes you think. Gore and/or nudity doesn't bother me, but neither should it be the main attraction. I want stuff that makes you think and draws you in. Any thoughts?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 12:12 AM
You should try either Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni or Neon Genesis Evangelion. Both are really good. I'd say go for Higurashi if you like suspenseful/psychological horror/ mystery thrillers (that surprisingly has very little gore in the first season) that really fucks with your mind. Evangelion if you like deep, complex characters and slowly going into depth of their psychological torment (and insanity). But if you like emotionally/mentally unstable characters, I'd recommend you watch both.

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 12:37 AM
I've seen bits of Evangelion before, that seemed pretty good. I'm just so far behind in my anime watching I never got around to watching the whole thing.
Scholar
#4 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 7:15 PM
Well, I've got it covered for Scary/psychological/creepy stuff, just not anime. :/

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 11:55 PM
I don't know about anime, but I loved reading
MPD Psycho, NOiSE manga

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 7:06 AM
Madoka Magica is my recommendation.

The idea that becoming a magical girl can be a slow death sentence.
Theorist
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 4:11 PM
Umineko No Naku Koro Ni is a good alternative to Higurashi.

Otherwise, I might recommend "Doubt" and "Judge" by Tonogai Yoshiki. The latter is barely ever updated though