Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#15026 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Thanks, I will try it!!!

Edited...still having issues...unless I'm confusing this with the ice cream thingy from Sims 3?
My sim can grab the cone off the counter if I stick it on (I have a vanilla and chocolate option) But again, if she goes to the freezer to order, the action gets canceled.

Maybe I'm looking for actions that don't exist..?? I have the UC.

Here is my shoppe:

Have you run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility and made sure that another hack isn't interfering?

Have you tried the icecream on a non business lot; maybe business coding is broken?

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The severity of acne appears to be variable. It can be anything from a minor annoyance like mine was when I was a teen, all the way up to a serious medical condition requiring professional treatment by a dermatologist. There are also other skin conditions that have a similar appearance to acne.

Acne vulgaris - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acne
Pimple - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimple
Comedo (whiteheads/blackheads) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comedo

I don't know why pimples are considered to be a teenage thing. I still get them.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15027 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Is there a way to make piercings show up in Bodyshop? Like, the whole catalog like in CAS?

The issue is that EAxis introduced jewellery long after it made Bodyshop and never updated it to include a tab for jewellery.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#15028 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 1:47 PM
@Primavera, I think Hat's got something in her CAS/Bodyshop/SimPE tiptorial, here: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html - scroll down to "BON VOYAGE JEWELRY BINS"

And a tuorial here: http://modthesims.info/t/250076

Someone has already made a lot of regular accessories into jewelry, here: http://celebkiriedhel.tumblr.com/po...ned-accessories (in case you want examples).

(I only rarely use the jewelry because it's got very limited accessibility in and out of game, so I haven't tried the tutorials or the download).
Mad Poster
#15029 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:21 PM
I want to test out some of the school mods in a new hood - do I have to put all of them in or can I try them in smaller parts - eg. trying the home school first? And if I can, what has to go into the downloads folder? And do they conflict with anything?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15030 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:26 PM
I don't use all of it, for example I use the homework book not the school one since setting up a working classroom with those is too much like pulling teeth. I don't use the doors either. Yes, it conflicts with bring a friend home dialogue, I had to switch load order. Decide which patch to use with the sign, also decide which schools you want. I tried and didn't like boarding school, I just use flexi and prep.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15031 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:31 PM
Thanks, Jo - I am not interested in using the boarding school at all. I also don't want to set up a working classroom - so I guess it is the homework book, the patch with the sign and the home and flexi school then.

I may want to set up a working classroom later - but I feel that will be to do many things to at once and I am just going to get confused I don't think I have the bring a friend home dialogue - will have to go and look

Should I get the school changer too?
Alchemist
#15032 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:33 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 26th Aug 2018 at 3:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I want to test out some of the school mods in a new hood - do I have to put all of them in or can I try them in smaller parts - eg. trying the home school first? And if I can, what has to go into the downloads folder? And do they conflict with anything?

I use just part of it. I only need the flexi-school (could be seen as homeschool), so I need the schoolchanger, too, and most of my lots with teens have them. It just keeps them from having to get on the bus and shows up as Flexi-school in the UI. I just didn't like them leaving all the time. I don't see any conflicts. I changed the model to something less obvious than the yellow sign/bell thing to fit my lots better.

Edit: Corrected.
Mad Poster
#15033 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:51 PM
O, thank you, @Sunrader - so I will start with the flexi - school and the yellow sign then. What about homework - do they still get that without the homework book?
Alchemist
#15034 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 4:49 PM
O, thank you, @Sunrader - so I will start with the flexi - school and the yellow sign then. What about homework - do they still get that without the homework book?
Mine don't. I don't use any homework for them, but I wasn't trying to.
Mad Poster
#15035 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:09 PM
Thank you - that may actually work for what I have in mind
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15036 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 5:45 PM
A lot of Inge's mods are modular and you can use part of them and not necessarily the whole thing. I only use part of the prison system too. My personal preference for the school is to use the school bell and the tables but not the classroom controllers and the doors. I do use the standalone doors she made to match this (and the prison) mod because I like the meshes but I don't use the hacked versions, just the regular doors. I use the time-controllable food server too - I find I like that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#15037 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 7:06 PM
Thanks, @maxon, good to know.
Mad Poster
#15038 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 9:11 PM
I also use parts of Inge's mods-for those teens who are not doing well in school, I usually build a 'makeup coursework' building where I bring them all in to get a better grade. Or I use the prisoner controller to keep those nasty rapscallions behind bars and sedated if need be. She has a few doors that are useful for having a house of ill repute, and I adore her business mods-I couldn't live without her restocking sign, and the timed open sign is a fixture on every business lot.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#15039 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I also use parts of Inge's mods-for those teens who are not doing well in school, I usually build a 'makeup coursework' building where I bring them all in to get a better grade. Or I use the prisoner controller to keep those nasty rapscallions behind bars and sedated if need be. She has a few doors that are useful for having a house of ill repute, and I adore her business mods-I couldn't live without her restocking sign, and the timed open sign is a fixture on every business lot.

I love her standalone 4-Keyholder Doors, so easy to use. I've created a duplex that looks like separate apartments with a communal area between them, but is actually all one household. It's great for those neighbors who are "very good friends."
Mad Poster
#15040 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 10:35 PM
@Sunrader - seeing the FRAPS FPS counter in the lower right corner is so weird to me. Mine's in the top right.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15041 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 11:02 PM
A while ago I asked if anyone else was having problems with the new UC Inteen and premade and CAS adults not being able to get jobs because they needed to improve their grades.

For the record: ACR load BEFORE Inteen. How I got the load order switched, I do not know. But somehow I did.

Does ACR have anything to do with jobs? Not as far as I know. But whatever. Game wants ACR then Inteen, game can have ACR then Inteen.

Nina Caliente likes her new job beating up burglars.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Undead Molten Llama
#15042 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 11:31 PM
@Sunbee
Inteen's tricky that way. If ACR loads after it, it messes up lots of things, I'm guessing because it ends up overwriting bits of Inteen that are then linked to other things that ACR doesn't directly affect, but the "link" gets messed up. Since Inteen messes with when teens can get adult jobs...Yeah, it doesn't surprise me that that'll get FUBARed easily if something's out of place. When I added Inteen to an already-heavily-modded game, I had to do LOTS of testing and load-order-fiddling. It was a huge pain in the butt, but for me it was worth it.

My stupid question, for the technically-minded out there:
I'm contemplating upgrading my video card. Currently, I have a 2GB DDR3 Geforce GTX750 Ti. It works just fine, my game looks good enough to me, doesn't lag much, and it was the best card I could find at the time that would work with this machine's native 325W power supply. (Which I can't upgrade because it's an oddly-shaped proprietary one. A more "universal" box-shaped one won't fit in the case.) However, I recently found, on Newegg, a 4GB GDDR5 GTX1050 that ought to work without blowing up the PSU, given the other power draws in the system. (Which isn't much, frankly, doesn't even have an optical drive. ) So, I'm thinking about buying it.

Hubby the gamer says newer/bigger is always better, but he plays new and fancy games. I don't. The only game I play is TS2 with the occasional non-serious stab at TS3, so I don't care at all about playing whatever the shiniest game is now. I worry more about whether or not newer=my old-ass game is improved enough to justify spending money. So...Anyone have any idea if such an upgrade would be worth it in terms of better TS2 performance, specifically? I'm thinking it might be better because of the 4GB of faster(?) memory which'll give me more texture memory that the game can use, but perhaps TS2 is so old that more bells and whistles wouldn't matter anyway because it wouldn't know what to do with them...?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15043 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 11:50 PM
@iCad I am using Nvidia GeForce 1050Ti and very happy with it. Only downfall is you will see imperfections in your work more! I am uploading some recolours today and while I can see some dots caused by old mapping Gina cannot see it on her card at all. So that's been the only negative.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#15044 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 12:42 AM
Sorry if I shouldn't ask this here, but how screwed is a neighbourhood if I accidentally saved with a sim talking on the telephone?
Alchemist
#15045 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Sorry if I shouldn't ask this here, but how screwed is a neighbourhood if I accidentally saved with a sim talking on the telephone?

AFAIK, the worst that happens is there might be an off-world sim (the one you were talking to) that the game thinks is stuck on the lot. If you see any issues with it, batbox can reset off-world sims.

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
@Sunrader - seeing the FRAPS FPS counter in the lower right corner is so weird to me. Mine's in the top right.

I move it around. It doesn't really have a home, yet.
Mad Poster
#15046 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:14 AM
I'd hide mine, but if I did I'd probably keep forgetting to turn on FRAPS in the first place.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15047 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 6:42 AM
Thanks, Jo - I am not interested in using the boarding school at all. I also don't want to set up a working classroom - so I guess it is the homework book, the patch with the sign and the home and flexi school then.

I may want to set up a working classroom later - but I feel that will be to do many things to at once and I am just going to get confused I don't think I have the bring a friend home dialogue - will have to go and look

Should I get the school changer too?

I use the school changer, I find that handy. I don't use the grey uniforms since those are kind of ugly. Don't use the school rules since I don't mind if kids do that stuff when they are not working. I do set a principle and a teacher. The start school teleports all the kids and teacher to the lot. Unfortunately you can't access the kid's inventories to put in pottery or paintings so I use the inventory transfer vase for that or give a gift. I like that the kids take home stuff they have made. I love prep school because I like that kids get on the school bus when I play their house, and I like they don't bring any homework home. I get my kids to do one book of homework at school to get the 'learn to study' memory since I count that as having learnt to read. Only other times some bookwork is done is by kids who have a want to get that A+. Most of my school the kids study by painting, golf putting, gardening, playing chess, cooking, pottery, fishing etc. All hands on stuff so no need to keep them locked into the classroom with the doors.Inge's system as intended is more like old fashioned school while mine I think is rather more progressive.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15048 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 7:58 AM
Thank you, Jo - I can use the info
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15049 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

Probably not screwed at all. Go back in, hang up and resave. You should be good to go. It's only usually a problem (and even then not a serious one) if there's a reset.

Mad Poster
#15050 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
So you're saying that teenagers don't get real acne because they're not officially given that diagnosis? That seems kind of like splitting hairs, given that the definition of acne seems to be literally what most teenagers experience.

===
My comment was based on my OWN experience (with my teenagers). My daughter (and ME when I was a teen) got the occasional black head or white head; we were told not to mess with them, but we did - they would go away in a few days and not leave a trace. Also my daughter's skin would get worse when she ate chocolate, or had her period. But my son got MASSES of these "pimples"; his cheeks looked like a red mass of pits and bumps, and he was left with pitted scars that never went away. Dermatologist said he had acne, and treated him with antibiotics and steroids, strong retinoids.

I had to go do some research, and while medical sites say it is common, there are still different explanations/definitions of pimples, acne, etc.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 602 of 1345