Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 1:52 AM
Default University Sim Goes on Pseudo-Date with Teen?
I should state up front that I do not have the mod that allows teens and adults to have romantic relationships, which is why this incident struck me as so odd.

In my neighborhood, Plum Grove, which I created for my Legacy Challenge, one of the neighbors has a teenage boy named Forrest Gilmore. He was dating Alysia Pearson, the daughter of Kennedy Cox and Daisy Pearson, and they had a three-bolt attraction. After she moved to the university, she wanted him to move to college, too, so I was playing his household until I was ready to move him to college.

One night, Alysia called Forrest on the phone and invited him to an outing Downtown. He said yes, because I wanted to keep their relationship high. When he arrived at the lot, she was the only person who got out of the taxi cab with him. So much for an outing! What's more: instead of the typical Outing Meter, I got a Date Meter, complete with the ability to see her wants. Clicking on Forrest gave me an option of "End the Date," another indication this was not a typical Outing. Of course, they were restricted to friendly interactions, but she wanted to hug him and tickle him a lot.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any idea if it could be related to the Magical Keumungo object (http://modthesims.info/d/60241), which allows you to turn off jealousy on specific lots? It's the only thing I've downloaded lately.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 1:55 AM
Did they have a dream date immediately before she went to college? I've had this happen in that situation. It seems that the code that determines whether a particular dream date gets a follow-up date either doesn't check, or sometimes doesn't recognize, that a lifestate has changed. I've never allowed such a date, so I don't know if your result is typical, but it sounds like that's what happened.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Did they have a dream date immediately before she went to college? I've had this happen in that situation. It seems that the code that determines whether a particular dream date gets a follow-up date either doesn't check, or sometimes doesn't recognize, that a lifestate has changed. I've never allowed such a date, so I don't know if your result is typical, but it sounds like that's what happened.

Yes, they did! I wanted to get her motives up to platinum before she went to college, so this was probably the follow-up date that often happens after a dream date. Good to know that it's not a bug. I would have to say, in many ways, I found it realistic, to the extent that she would still want to see him but might realize it was inappropriate, since he was still in high school and so kept it friendly.

Speaking of dream dates and their follow-ups, I had another amusing thing happen in this neighborhood. My first-generation person in the legacy household, Aurora Brandywine, met her husband, Hunter, when they were dormies in college. She had a dream date with him shortly before graduating, then moved him into her household to start a life together. After raising three sons, who attended university and joined a frat house, her grandson Clifton moved into the same dorm where Aurora and Hunter had met. Shortly after he'd claimed his room, an elderly Hunter shuffled up to the door with a bouquet of roses, leaving them for Aurora in remembrance of their long ago dream date. It was both funny and sort of moving.