Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2018 at 1:23 PM Last edited by GothicGorilla : 15th May 2018 at 2:37 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Origin installed UC without some folders
So I managed to get sims 2 UC from support yesterday. I read that you should backup current game files and uninstall the game installed from any disks before installing the UC from origin. That is what I did. After waiting the 3 hours for the download, I booted the game up. I found the settings as expected (res stuck, black boxes, etc.), so closed the game When I opened the folder, I found it as I had before. Stuck at 800x600 no graphicsrules.sgr file I was shocked.

Current Sims 2 folder:

Comparison with the backup (backup on the left, UC on the right):

I had also seen some mention of the Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder, so here is mine:

So my question now is: what went wrong? I made sure to uninstall my game before installing the UC and just let origin do it's thing. I have tried using the 'repair game' feature but saw no change.

My next questions are: what do I do now? Do I need to uninstall the UC and give it a clean wipe before reinstalling?

Farley Farm - After running away in highschool with her boyfriend Hank, Odelia goes back to her childhood home after her father’s death. How will Meredith cope living with her grandmother? How will Rosena cope with her daughter’s return?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th May 2018 at 1:47 PM
You got everything for a first time install just run the game and you will be find.

Projects and SaveSims only get made when you do or make something new.

UC uses all 4 tri-packs which contain 1 EP and 2 SP in each one.

There is one more folder that you never seemed to get and its the Packaged Lots folder, its only needed and will be made when you package up a lot to file.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2018 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
You got everything for a first time install just run the game and you will be find.

Projects and SaveSims only get made when you do or make something new.

UC uses all 4 tri-packs which contain 1 EP and 2 SP in each one.

There is one more folder that you never seemed to get and its the Packaged Lots folder, its only needed and will be made when you package up a lot to file.

Oh, is it fine? Does the UC need to change the graphicsrule file differently?

Farley Farm - After running away in highschool with her boyfriend Hank, Odelia goes back to her childhood home after her father’s death. How will Meredith cope living with her grandmother? How will Rosena cope with her daughter’s return?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th May 2018 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGorilla
Oh, is it fine? Does the UC need to change the graphicsrule file differently?

I answered my own question, thanks though!