Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife
Default [Help Needed] T^T
Hello, people! I'm new here! I've downloaded so many mods things like: Hair, clothes, housing, cars, accessories etc.. and I don't know what's the next step: after downloading the mods, how to put them into the sim? Sorry about my english.
(is this the correct thread to post here? )
And thanks! xD
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:38 AM
Well when you download stuff there is a tab that says "downloading instructions" or something like that... and most of them when you download you copy that download and put it into documents>>EA games>>Sims 2>>downloads and paste into downloads
hope that helped!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:53 AM
okay thanks! i'll go try it now!! xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:55 AM
hmm.. so do i have to extract the files out?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:59 AM
yes, extract them. Files must end in .package to work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 6:07 AM
oh okay! Then do i need to sort the files or leave them in The Sims 2 folder?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 10:58 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content.

Downloading for Fracking Idiots explains the entire downloading process from start to finish in language designed for people who aren't computer geniuses. Please go through the whole guide before asking any further questions on downloading and installing custom content as pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is explained there - including info for Mac and Vista users.

Getting Custom Content to Show Up explains what to do if you've followed all the instructions in Downloading for Fracking Idiots and your content still isn't showing up, or if content that was showing up fine before suddenly won't show up.
Everything you need to know is in the above guides.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Locked thread | Locked by: Canoodle Reason: Answered in the FAQ