Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6251 Old 16th May 2018 at 7:41 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 16th May 2018 at 11:38 PM.
I was telling my daughter how bad I am at recoloring maxis stuff...how the highchair recolors I've just made were ugly and disgusting...lol
Then she came up with a bunch of great ideas, such as...*Why don't you import the mesh into MS3D, and look at how the mapping is done? Then just fit your own wood pattern accordingly??*
I told her that instead, I'll just make a new highchair mesh...keeping the same shape, but remap it to fit MY own wood texture.
Her : You like to complicate things for yourself huh?
Me : But it is easier that way!
I love her so much...

And It was worth it! I made a new HighChair.
Slave to a set I made.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#6252 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:38 PM
It's crazy how I can have spurs of being obsessed with this game. Just a few weeks ago, I didn't want anything to do with the sims. Now, I spend hours upon hours reading this forum, Simblrs, looking at screenshots of my last gameplay session. I bet in the next two weeks, I'm going to go back to ignoring it again.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6253 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Slave to a set I made.

I like the little coloured trays - is that a recolourable sub-set?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6254 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:35 AM
What if the Tricou teens were actually adopted by Jon Smith Tricou and then orphaned somehow while still babies?
Inventor
#6255 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:58 AM
Slave to a set I made.

Those are so pretty! Very vintage, 70s-ish even :D

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6256 Old 17th May 2018 at 2:32 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 17th May 2018 at 3:05 AM.
@maxon
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I like the little coloured trays - is that a recolourable sub-set?

No unfortunately. It is slaved to the master crib in my set, that holds the texture for everything. The wood part, the bedding part...and the chair cushion part.
There is 2 subsets, frame and bedding, but both have the same big texture...So the wood you see was mapped on the wood part of the texture, and the rest, was mapped on the bedding part of that same frame texture.
Another old set me has made, don't judge
So... if you want that wood color, you are stuck with this bedding pattern etc.
ETA : I checked my original set, and it would be possible to add a bedding subset to that high chair, without remapping anything. Just by adding a bedding group to the mesh.
But since I cannot share it on here (texture from non share-friendly site) I'll just leave it as it is.

Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Those are so pretty! Very vintage, 70s-ish even :D

@Primavera
Ahah! thankz. But daughter of mine was not happy. She wanted me to at least change the mesh...and thought that was a cheap creation, or maybe it was her being too perfectionist. lol
So, after telling her how much I hated her and wish she was never born, I edited the mesh with HER idea. Which was...use the back of one of the twin bed that's in my set that has a heart shape hole in it, and the legs from the dining chair.
I wonder what my neighbors thought of me, when I yelled : * Juliette! Come see my new high chair, see if you're satisfied!!!*
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#6257 Old 17th May 2018 at 10:45 AM
Somebody (not me) should make a neighborhood with a subhood that's populated by a tribe of Amazons, living the mythological Amazon lifestyle. When one of them wants a baby, they head to the main hood or downtown, pick up guys till they get pregnant, then return home. If the child is a girl, she's an Amazon; if it's a boy, it gets shipped back to the father. Their real romantic relationships are with other Amazons.

Or the Amazons could be the main hood, and the subhood would be where all the males were sent.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6258 Old 17th May 2018 at 11:05 AM
No unfortunately. It is slaved to the master crib in my set, that holds the texture for everything. The wood part, the bedding part...and the chair cushion part.
There is 2 subsets, frame and bedding, but both have the same big texture...So the wood you see was mapped on the wood part of the texture, and the rest, was mapped on the bedding part of that same frame texture.
Another old set me has made, don't judge
So... if you want that wood color, you are stuck with this bedding pattern etc.
ETA : I checked my original set, and it would be possible to add a bedding subset to that high chair, without remapping anything. Just by adding a bedding group to the mesh.
But since I cannot share it on here (texture from non share-friendly site) I'll just leave it as it is.

Ah you worked it out. As I read that, I was going to post about subsets using the same texture. I know what you mean about the textures (I have a pile of old ones too) and I said at the time of the decision it would cut down on uploads but everyone wanted the rules updated for proper credits and, thinking about it since, I think that was the right decision. I'm an academic in RL and referencing is a thing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6259 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:29 PM
I totally agree. It is just a shame it didn't occur to me, when I first started gathering images, textures and making things.
It takes a lot of will power for a lazy person such as me, to replace all textures of a set. lol

Inventor
#6260 Old 17th May 2018 at 10:13 PM
Now that I know how to extract/clone sims, I now have an idea to clone my favorite playable/townie sims to use again and again in CAS. I thought about making offspring versions of said cloned sims and uploading them here, but I don't know just yet.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#6261 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:09 AM
Dammit, I'm still in the mood for building (after the Wanderlust contest), but don't know what to build.
Mad Poster
#6262 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:25 AM
Take commissions?

Look at your neighborhood and ask yourself what it's missing?

Do an image search for floorplans and make the first one that's clear enough to read?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6263 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:39 AM
Find a popular genre (like Medieval or Apocalypse or something) that you haven't made a creation for, and go for that.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6264 Old 18th May 2018 at 8:40 AM
Default "Prompt Style" Challenges
In the past I've seldom looked at the Challenges section of this forum. Most of the challenges seem to involve quite serious risk to life and limb, and I just love my Sims too much to subject them to that sort of thing. But this month they've introduced a new type of challenge that appeals to me, and I think may appeal to other players who have never been interested in challenges before. JustJones explains "Prompt Style" challenges here. She has also set the ball rolling by creating the first challenge of this type, her Outfit of the Day challenge.

I reckon these challenges can offer us Simmers almost unlimited opportunities for creativity and sheer fun. So somebody please post to JustJones's challenge and save me from a double post! And/or create a prompt style challenge of your own.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#6265 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:08 PM
Of course, I end up corrupting the first hood that I love playing. Stupid, stupid, stupid. So much time spent, down the drain. It's ok, though, the hood seems to be somewhat stable, after getting rid of the buggy sims. If another issue stirs up, I'm starting over.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#6266 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:30 AM
My "to-do-when-I-get-a-desktop-and-can-play-TS2-again" list is getting too long...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Inventor
#6267 Old 19th May 2018 at 6:05 AM
Now that my heart stopped racing and my hands have stopped shaking I've finally tackled the biggest thing on my to-do list: make a megahood. I used meetme's cleaned neighborhood templates and everything's good! I had a little trouble in the beginning but it's all figured out now . The only neighborhood I hadn't added was Veronaville, I never played that hood anyway and I already extracted a few sims I liked there to use in my megahood. Now to head to sleep.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#6268 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:54 AM
Back from a trip to Portland! Now I can play The Sims 2 again!

Does anyone else find their faces when they're REALLY happy to be creepy?
Forum Resident
#6269 Old 25th May 2018 at 11:40 PM
When you watch the Sims 4 Seasons trailer, wonder what new items they put in, then go, "Is that it?" because there's nothing new. Just Sims 2 Seasons.

Literally every item is Sims 2 Seasons (Except for the scarecrow. I loved that part.)

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#6270 Old 25th May 2018 at 11:46 PM
The whole trailer I was like: "Sims 2 has this, and this, AND this... and this as well... this too... yup, Sims 2. Sims 2 too... What is not from sims 2? THIS as well? Anything original, pls?". It's ok that they made the "redone" Sims 4 version of a sims 2 EP kinda is ok but I hope to see what they make of it, since sims 4 is such a bland base compared to sims 2, I expect seasons to feel shallow but packed with features, just because of poor integration based on the poorly executed base.
Alchemist
#6271 Old 26th May 2018 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
When you watch the Sims 4 Seasons trailer, wonder what new items they put in, then go, "Is that it?" because there's nothing new. Just Sims 2 Seasons.

Literally every item is Sims 2 Seasons (Except for the scarecrow. I loved that part.)
I saw several things that TS2 doesn't have. Shoveling snow, decorating Christmas trees, kiddie pools, bee keeping. Possibly the ability to harness lightning, like the Sim at the end. Looks fun, imo.
Forum Resident
#6272 Old 27th May 2018 at 5:43 AM
My game loads incredibly fast without my downloads folder in.

Not that I'm going to renounce CC or anything for the fast load times, but still. Good to know.
Theorist
#6273 Old 28th May 2018 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I saw several things that TS2 doesn't have. Shoveling snow, decorating Christmas trees, kiddie pools, bee keeping. Possibly the ability to harness lightning, like the Sim at the end. Looks fun, imo.

I have always wished TS2 had snow shoveling as it seemed silly that raking is an option, but not shoveling snow. As for beekeeping, there are fantastic TS2 options thanks to Sunni and Frac http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=240&t=9122 and http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/...hp?f=240&t=9120.

Also, while I do not play TS4 and never will, I'm happy for those that do play it and are looking forward to the new pack. I remember fondly what my excitement level was like back when new TS2 EP trailers would come out. Funny though, even when I played it I never felt that same TS2 level of excitement about TS3 EP's, but that's another story.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#6274 Old 28th May 2018 at 8:52 PM
I love TS2 community! You will insert into the game all the objects from other games that have released and will be released in the future. All game industry in our game! :D
Field Researcher
#6275 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:21 PM
In the story that the game created for me Chase.Z. have been fired, and he can no longer officially investigate the murders at Bayside Flats. This is what Jason Cleveland from Belladona Cove will be doing now. He was promoted to detective and he came home from work. In my story, he should tell his son that he is going on a business trip to Bayside Flats. I thought that they would talk about different things and I need to think through the conversation in my head, but then the game surprised me very much: Jason began talking about transport: about the train. The son reacted sharply negatively.
And I think: game, are you reading my thoughts? It's how if the game itself sets the gameplay under my plot, which only in my head.
I often noticed similar situations on the other players on YouTube often. Amazing game's magic of match...
Page 251 of 516