Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#6276 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:36 PM
i spend more time caring about my sims future rather than my own...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6277 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 2:17 PM
You have a lot more control over the sims' future.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#6278 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 4:26 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 4th Jun 2018 at 6:06 AM.
Just a bit of musings ....

I was tryin to put the Pleastview premades ages in human aging by workin maxis info on life stages and how many days they have left in their respective stages.
My way of doin this was by sayin babies are birth to 12 month, toddler a yr to 4yrs, children are 5yrs to 12yrs. Then for teen a switched it up slightly since they have 15 days. So every 2 days would equal a year with the exception of the first day I made that 12 1/2 givin 12.

I think I made one or two slight tweaks in that Daniel and MarySue have 4 and 6 days left to elderhood, but that seemed to short givin the ages of the girls, and it made Daniel and Jennifer's ages really far apart. As it is there are huge age difference between some, such as with Cassandra and Alexander. I put Daniels and MarySue's untweaked ages in parenthesis.

Ok, so anyways this is what I came up with:
Mortimer = 76
Bella = 44
Cassandra = 24
Alexander = 9
This means that when Mortimer and Bella got married he was already in his 50's while she was barely 20. This coulda been parental pressure for her to marry him and into the Goth name and money. From the memories Alexander learned to talk from Bella so she was there until he was at least 4 before she disappeared. This woulda put her age at 39 (and Mortimers at 71). So maybe the alien abduction story was a ruse as Bella had a mid-life crisis and couldn't take bein married to a man that was literally old enough to be her father so she up and left.

Michael = 53
Dina = 25
Nina = 25
Since Michael didn't have any days remaining, his was more of a guesstimate by puting his age in relation to Bella's as well as he was supposed to have died in elderhood. WIth the twins bein 25, I figured Dina and Michael got married when she was 18 and he was 46. We know that Dina likes older men as even now as a 25yr old she's after Mortimer who as mentioned is 76, twice Dina's age.

Don = 25
Don likes all the ladies, both young and old. If Bella disappeared when she was 39, that would make Don 20 when he tried to seduce her on his roof the night she vanished. Maybe she went there in hopes that a younger man would be more to her liking....

Herb = 75
Coral = 73
Herb and Coral we know never had any biological children. They must have tried for years before finally giving up and looking into adoption. We don't know at what age they adopted MarySue, but just going by her age, the Oldies woulda been 39 and 37 when she was born. The age changes for MarySue also works well with this scenario as otherwise the Oldies woulda been 29 and 27. While those ages are not bad, 10yr change adds to the fact that the Oldies had tried for years w/o success before adopting.

Daniel = 38 (48)
MarySue = 36 (46)
Angela = 15
Lilith = 15
I figure Daniel and MarySue hooked up in college. Daniel bein there with a sports scholarship, while MarySue's was more an activist and wanting to make changes in things she was where not right. I put the girls bein born when Daniel was 23 and MarySue was 21. Daniel pushed the raisin of the girls off on MarySue who had to shelf her interest in politics until the girls were in their teens.

John = 32
Jennifer = 28
Lucy = 8
Jennifer bein 28 and Daniel's unchanged age at 48 was why I shaved 10yrs off for him, and of course then had to do the same for MarySue.

Darren = 38
Darlene = 35
Dirk = 14.5 (13)
Though Dirk's age fit well within his parents age frame I changed it due to his memories of him and Lilith not only havin their first kiss, but also going steady, making out and sneaking out. Call me old fashioned, but I felt that 13 was just a tad to young for that. Oh, and and it moved him up closer to Lilith's age of 15.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6279 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:32 AM
In TS1 Mortimer and Bella were the same age though. In this game, didn't Bella disappear and get abducted? If it was Aliens! it might explain why she hasn't aged so much.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#6280 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:21 PM
Well to fair, Maxon, technically, in the Sims 1, Mortimer was the same age as his parents! No elder stage back then, just a different head 😉
Mad Poster
#6281 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:33 PM
This is as random as they get. Has anyone else's color scheme for site gone back to the really light blue? Anyone? Just me? I must have hit something.

It's okay; I actually like this better. The color isn't so oppressive. I just like the pink color for the love button on the other one.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#6282 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:46 PM
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...1ee&oe=5BBD148B

Is this supposed to be a joke about suicide, or am I looking too deep into things

❈ "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!" ❈
– Clairee Belcher, "Steel Magnolias"
Alchemist
#6283 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 5:44 PM
@smorbie1, you're not the only one. That happened to me too and I went crazy for a few minutes, thinking it was my phone settings. But I changed it back to Bootstrap-BlueFish at the bottom of the page. And yeah, all because of that pink love button. I don't want love and disagree to be the same color. It throws me off.

And @kasparlaks, I don't know, your interpretation might be apt. That's what I love about the descriptions in Buy Mode though. The thought that went into them really has to make you smile. Finding descriptions like that and little bits of lore is one of the things I like about the game after all these years.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#6284 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 6:33 PM
Nahhh, that's not suicide joke. But it is depression joke, as well as a nice metaphoric description.
Mad Poster
#6285 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 8:10 PM
[QUOTE=Phantomknight]@smorbie1, you're not the only one. That happened to me too and I went crazy for a few minutes, thinking it was my phone settings. But I changed it back to Bootstrap-BlueFish at the bottom of the page. And yeah, all because of that pink love button. I don't want love and disagree to be the same color. It throws me off.

Thanks. I changed back, too.

I miss the days when we had three or four schemes from which to choose. I would go back and forth between the pink and the mint green.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#6286 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@smorbie1, you're not the only one. That happened to me too and I went crazy for a few minutes, thinking it was my phone settings. But I changed it back to Bootstrap-BlueFish at the bottom of the page. And yeah, all because of that pink love button. I don't want love and disagree to be the same color. It throws me off.

Thank you! Thought there must be a way to change it back but didn't know what I was looking for. The other one was too bright for me; I prefer the softer BlueFish colour.
Inventor
#6287 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 5:03 PM Last edited by Primavera : 6th Jun 2018 at 3:25 AM.
Found some really interesting poseboxes that I can use for my sim story, but I have so much on my plate (make my first eye color set, recolor some hairs for practice, install a hospital to test out Chris Hatch's hospital mod, etc.) I don't know what to tackle first . I'll have to download those poseboxes for safe keeping so I won't forget them like I always do .

Also before I passed out after staying up for like, 14 hours straight, I was working on my sims' family tree before I realized how big and stretched out it is compared to my other ones, and I'm still not done yet . I do believe I will now move on to the 7th generation after I finish the 5th and 6th, and the family name is at risk of dying out because there's only four male sims alive that's holding it because there were more females than males in the previous generations. My megahood is gonna be overrun with these sims very quickly .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6288 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 1:29 AM
Wreckage and detritus doesn't get enough love... I'm still mentally building things that I'll try to actually build once I have a working desktop (which I have started buying components for, hooray!), and one of them I really would love to be able to be able to include ash piles and fallen leaves and broken furniture right from the get-go, but I can't find the EAxis versions unlocked anywhere!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#6289 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Just a bit of musings ....

I was tryin to put the Pleastview premades ages in human aging by workin maxis info on life stages and how many days they have left in their respective stages.

What about the Brokes? Where do you see them age-wise?
Field Researcher
#6290 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mom50409

I see Brandi as between 31 and 34 depending on how young you want her to have had Dustin. I reckon Dustin is 16 and Beau is 3.
Theorist
#6291 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mom50409

Ooops... I can't believe I forgot them. I did all of them, but.. but.. how could I've forgotten them... *slaps self*

Skip = 32
Brandi = 31
Dustin = 14
Beau = 3
Brandi's memories and her days left don't match up in age. She has 21 days left which should mean that she had Dustin as a teen, but her memories show her as havin him as an adult. I choose to go with the former. Teenage Brandi fell for the outgoin Skip, and happens sometimes when woohoo occurs Brandi got pregnant. As a family Sim I'm sure Brandi wanted more children and with the 11 year age gap between Dustin and Beau, though it doesn't show in her memories I figure she might of got pregnant a few times and unfortunately lost them.
Inventor
#6292 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 10:12 AM
Decided to try again and made a custom skin tone. This is a sign that I should go to bed

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Forum Resident
#6293 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:06 PM
I spend too much time making an analyzes to see which sims I need to remake when I am done reinstalling my game ;w; All neighborhoods got curropted :c

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#6294 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:55 PM
I read a lot about people getting their neighborhoods corrupted. How do you do it and when is it corrupted at the point of it being unplayable? I don't think I've ever had a neighborhood at that point. The closest was when the furniture and sims were connected to dead eggplants so that when I removed an eggplant, the connected furniture or sim disappeared too. But that problem went away when I'd finally removed all eggplants. I've also had the game crashing every 12 hours or so in a specific family but it wasn't in the whole neighborhood, and the problem got less common after I used mootilda's hood checker.
Theorist
#6295 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I've also had the game crashing every 12 hours or so in a specific family but it wasn't in the whole neighborhood, and the problem got less common after I used mootilda's hood checker.

"every 12 hours" in game or in real time?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#6296 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I read a lot about people getting their neighborhoods corrupted. How do you do it and when is it corrupted at the point of it being unplayable? I don't think I've ever had a neighborhood at that point. The closest was when the furniture and sims were connected to dead eggplants so that when I removed an eggplant, the connected furniture or sim disappeared too. But that problem went away when I'd finally removed all eggplants. I've also had the game crashing every 12 hours or so in a specific family but it wasn't in the whole neighborhood, and the problem got less common after I used mootilda's hood checker.

I do use Motilda’s hood checker unfortunately I had a sim with a corrupted file that it didn’t catch so my sim - Lucas - kept on corrupting the neighborhoods the more I played him - and he was between my favorite sims - so as you may guessed - I played him a lot.

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6297 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:44 PM
Those don't necessarily sound like corruption to me, Pidelli, though the fact that the crashing got better after running the hoodchecker probably means that some corruption was involved. If it's that reliable and specific you should probably work through the Help FAQ. The lot may be corrupted independently of the neighborhood, or you might have some weird CC problem that only occurs under very specific conditions that only occur on that lot.

As for when it becomes unplayable - that's up to you. Some people may restart at the first sign of inappropriate toddler memories (which seems extreme to me); others may wait till the hood is completely unopenable. A lot depends on how invested you are in a neighborhood. I decided that sims disappearing or cross-species confusion would be my criterion for Drama Acres; but now I'm crashing every time I try to run a Hawkins twin birthday and if I can't get Osprey grown up (Crane is grown and saved) I think I have to be done. But I haven't quite given up yet. I'm just waiting for a day when I have sufficient energy reserves to settle in and make a determined effort to finish that party.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#6298 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:47 PM
I was invested - but on the other hand
My neighborhood became way too small as I only like playing the main hood and university

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#6299 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 11:13 PM

Oops.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#6300 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:07 AM
Me coming to the realization that I submitted my first upload and my anxiety kicks into high gear in fear that I misspelled something/didn't include the necessary information

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Page 252 of 516