Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 2:08 AM
Default SimPE: Index Out of Range when importing a mesh?
So I finally got my Skoolie Mesh ready for testing. I cloned a vase from the game, clicked import to import my modified bus mesh, and it says, Index Out of Range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index.

I have SimPE on Advance, so I can't figure out why it won't take the mesh. *sighs*

So what am I doing wrong this time?

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 2:52 AM
I don't know about other meshing programs, but if you're using Blender, that's a sign that you didn't check the boxes to include normals or UVs when you exported your mesh.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 2:58 AM
Was just coming to say that. Well, since it's already been said there's no need to repeat it. So I'll just say that you don't have to worry about that with MilkShape.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 5:59 PM
Just tried it again. Turns out that both of those were checked when I exported the mesh. I changed the texture file to png with the hopes that it would work.

Nothing. I keep getting Index was out of Range.

It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 3:51 PM
When I get that error message, it's usually a reminder that I forgot to unwrap the UV at all.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 5:25 PM
Any idea how to do that in Wings3D? I'm still pretty new to meshing and I'm definitely feeling my newbie status.

It's a delicate balance.
Instructor
#7 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 2:37 AM
I don't know anything about Wings, but as far as getting started with UV mapping, this tutorial http://modthesims.info/t/79954 by Numenor should help. If you search the WIKI (there's a WIKI tab at the top of the page if you're signed in to your acct.), you may be able to find something more specific to Wings3D.