Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:23 PM
my sims only retire if they want to,most of the time if my sims want to do anything they are allowed to.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
as far as I recall, retirement is available to Elders that have Adult jobs.
have not seen retirement from Elder jobs.

You know what? I think Elder jobs mimic the little jobbin you grab after you have retired..and feel like it gets lonely to stay home finally.
Or that volunteer jobbin.
That one you do not retire from it, you just quit when you are done, tired of it or finally missing staying at home.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
I don't have my elder sims retire. They are so boring to me, so they work till they die. Maybe when my current hood finally get some elders, I'll consider it.

Wow, 200 families? I want to be like you, when I grow up.

The hood is 4 years old And growing!
Forum Resident
#29 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The fortune sims don't retire in my hood; they need to keep on earning money to make them happy.

I let rich fortune sims retire and become day traders. They can give financial advice on the computer and earn money from their investments, all while day drinking, playing pool and woohooing the maid from the comfort of home. What's the point of $200,000 in the bank if you have to keep working until you drop dead?

There comes to a point with elders where it makes sense to retire. Usually they've reached the top of their career, or plateaued and suddenly need like 6 more body points for the next promotion, which I am not going to indulge. Either they're empty nesters or about to be. They have enough in the bank to last long term, not scraping by to pay the rent each week. They have far more vacation days than they have work days per week. They're a Warhead Disarmer and a great-grandmother. Anything where a real life person would say "Enough's enough, I'm going to enjoy myself!"

Some can never retire and have to work up to the end to support their family.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:18 PM
In my view : on top of their careers,still enjoying work, with enough days off so that they can run businesses and give financial advice on the computer and make enough money to take the grandkids on vacation
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 8:50 PM
I think Consort Capp still goes to work mainly to get away from his grandchildren! Seriously to begin I was a bit scared of him. But when I saw the way the Capp Manor teens ran rings round him, I began to feel sorry for the old man!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:25 PM
For those of you who use Monique's computer, there is a function on it for adults to retire and get a pension.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#33 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 9:49 PM
@MattieOReilly Thanks I look at both of her Computer Mod, EPs needed is BV I removed that EP from my game years ago. So that out for me.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 2 of 2