Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 5:50 AM Last edited by Lodakai : 28th Dec 2015 at 12:27 AM.
Default [WIP] Teen Hire for Retail
This modification SHOULD allow for teens to show up along with adults in the employees for hire list for retail stores.
Requires: Get to Work

This is an EXPERIMENTAL modification. Please backup important saves accordingly. DO NOT use with important saves or sims.
Methodology: Switched a household template from Adult to Teen since it was being used in a filter. I am positive there is a better method. But this is what I am going with for now.
Advice from experienced modders welcome.

Feedback requested: Are you experiencing problems with NPC Generating mechanics? Are teens showing up in your employment lists? Are they functioning properly when hired?
Does this mod already exist? (will remove if redundant)

KNOWN ISSUES:
This mod lets you hire the teen. But so far they do not actually show up for work and they revert back to unemployed.

XML Modified:
<I c="TunableSimFilter" i="sim_filter" m="filters.tunable" n="filter_Retail_PotentialEmployees" s="109246">
<I c="TunableSimFilter" i="sim_filter" m="filters.tunable" n="filter_Retail_PotentialEmployees_Repurpose" s="111938">
<I c="HouseholdTemplate" i="sim_template" m="filters.household_template" n="HH_template_NPC_adult_single" s="98542">
This household template has been modified from Adult Single to Teen. This will effect NPC Generating mechanics.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Lodakai Teen Hire.7z (1.6 KB, 151 downloads) - View custom content

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 3:24 PM
Thanks for your post of how you editing the XML.
I was working on a mod which is hire teen for restaurant, and I figured out why they didn't show up for work.
Because "filter_RetailEmployees" is a filter for another XML "situationJob_Retail_Employee", and "filter_RetailEmployees" also filter age of employees.

XML need to modify:
Name: filter_RetailEmployees
Tuning Id: 109245