Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 1:21 PM Last edited by Vulrien : 19th May 2019 at 6:50 PM.
The Handmaid's Tale: Aunt Lydia (Ann Dowd)
Margaret Atwood is one of my all time favourite authors, I've read a lot of her novels (her MaddAddam series is my favourite!). The first season of The Handmaid's Tale was incredible, and one of the best adaptations of a novel to screen I think I have ever seen. The second season wasn't as great, but still really enjoyed it. So I've begun making the characters from the show, I plan on making June, Moira, Mr. Waterford, Mrs. Waterford, Aunt Lydia, Janine and Emily.
I've gotten furthest with Moira so far (omg Elisabeth Moss is giving me so much trouble! haha). Samira is beautiful so it's been fun to try and capture her likeness. So this is what I've got so far:

I had to create new hair and hairline for her, as I couldn't find anything suitable anywhere (so the hair is still a WIP, and the overall texture still needs some more work). I still need to make a second version of the handmaid's dress which has boots, as I thought I'd make a more summery one with pumps too! I also need to make winter cloaks for the handmaids! Can't wait to hear your feedback, thank you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Apr 2019 at 11:45 PM Last edited by Vulrien : 10th Apr 2019 at 12:09 AM.
Okay, so considering I got no feedback on Samira I'm happy to consider her finished. Here is a pic of her in-game:

Now onto Elisabeth Moss, who has so far been a massive challenge for me. I think I'm fairly close now, some fine tuning left to do though. The nose and eyes seem to be what's throwing off the likeness for me, but I'm not sure what to fix. What do you guys think? Also do you have any recommendations for eyes I can use for her, everything I try (and make) doesn't seem to fit the bill.

It'll probably be easier to view the comparison in another tab.
Also here are some of the outfits I've made so far in-game; there are two variations of the handmaid's dress (with pumps and boots, I have fixed the wonky bumpmap which is pictured here) and also one version of the wive's dresses:

I hope you guys have some feedback for me, it'd be greatly appreciated! xxx
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 4:08 AM
This is BEAUTIFUL!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th May 2019 at 2:21 AM
So I know I have't received really any feedback, but I'm still holding out hope if somebody does have some (but thank you simsaredisneytastic for your kind words). Anyways, I have finished Samira and Elisabeth - if you want to see pics of them just check my tumblr.
Now I'm moving on to Ann Dowd as Aunt Lydia; This is what I have so far:

Older actors always seem quite a challenge for me, but I don't think I'm a thousand miles away from looking quite like her here.
Here's also a preview pic of the outfit I've made for the Aunts (textures haven't been finished yet though!):

Thanks if you can help!