Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 8:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CEP not working and I don't have the Double Deluxe-folder
I'm yet another person having trouble with getting CEP to work. I've read other threads about it but everyone is like "oh yeah thank you for telling me to move the files to the Double Deluxe-folder, it works now!" and I don't have that folder!

I installed the automatic version at first. The "potty experiment" told me nothing was wrong, but a list told me to check for these things:

- a file named "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package" in [gamedir]\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D (regardless of the EP that you may have installed, the location of this file is always this one).
- a folder named "zCEP-EXTRA" in [Program Files]\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog.

and I did not have that file nor that folder where it was supposed to be.

So, I got the manually install-thing, starting to put files where the guide told me to, only to discover I do not have the Duble Deluxe-folder.

I've got Windows 10 and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, I think that might have something to do with it?

So, instead I did it like this:

After this, the yellow warning signs were gone but it still don't seem to be working?

These were the yellow warnings signs, the text is still there but there's always a warning text about some of my CC so it doesn't bother me, I had never seen the signs before though

I've uninstalled the lots I had downloaded with CC on them, and installed them again after seeing the yellow signs were gone, but they still don't work.
The two lots I want to install that seem to demand CEP to work:
Lot one , lot two .
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 8:26 PM
Default My folders
Attached: Images of the folders I've got.
So, these are my choices.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 9:54 PM
The auto-install of the CEP does work with the UC for me (and for plenty of others).

The yellow warning signs are normal - don't worry about that.

This is how the folders look for the UC - there definitely is a Double Deluxe folder.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 12:04 AM
Do you have the EnableColorOptionsGMND.package in your Downloads folder?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The auto-install of the CEP does work with the UC for me (and for plenty of others).

The yellow warning signs are normal - don't worry about that.

This is how the folders look for the UC - there definitely is a Double Deluxe folder.

Oh I did not understand I was supposed to go into the Origin-folder! Thank you so much! I think this also solves another problem I have!
Of course I gotta try it out first before I know for sure this solves my problems.