Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 6:40 AM
Default How do you play with the tutorial Sims?
I'm not sure if I should put this in another thread...
And this was probably been asked before, but how do you play (if there is a way to, aside from re-making the Sims) with Tutorial Jane and Joe Sim?
I heard of a few people making them have babies or whatever. I'm not sure if it was a lie.
I've completed the tutorial twice and there was no option to keep playing as far as I can remember.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 8:15 AM Last edited by cheapie : 28th Jul 2013 at 3:04 AM.
I used SimPE to add the missing elements to the Tutorial neighborhood to make it appear in the menu, then put the lots (with sims) in the bin and placed them in other neighborhoods. Yes, I know moving sims can cause issues, but I think that's only if they know anybody else from the source. Of course, I managed to lose the files. I made them again. You can download them at https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4r4u9z6a...utorialLots.zip (please don't though, as this is DANGEROUS - download the neighborhood version a few posts down instead).

WARNING: Installing and playing those lots may cause neighborhood corruption! I have not had any issues, but I cannot guarantee that you won't! Please BACK UP your neighborhoods before installing and DON'T place the lots in a neighborhood you care about!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 3:08 PM
Never put houses with sims into the bin you will break your game.

You both need to go read this. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#4 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 5:16 PM
Staff note:

I'm not going to remove this Dropbox link, but please know that this file isn't actually supported by MTS. As always, just make sure that you understand what you're putting in your game.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Site Helper
#5 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 7:16 PM
I seem to remember that someone at MATY made the tutorial neighborhood playable. If so, this is a much safer method of playing those families. If you want, you can even change that neighborhood to a subhood and attach it to your primary neighborhood.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4469.0.html

Unfortunately, it looks like the links may be missing. You might want to ask in WCIF to see whether someone has a link.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 7:31 PM
I kept playing, in tutorial mode, and actually made a little bittersweet story for Joe, I hope to post it some day.

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 2:52 AM Last edited by cheapie : 28th Jul 2013 at 3:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I seem to remember that someone at MATY made the tutorial neighborhood playable.

I think I just managed that as well. You can find that here.

WARNING: While much safer than the previous method, this may still cause issues! Please BACK UP your neighborhoods before installing! Also, note that this is NOT SUPPORTED by the MTS staff and it is NOT THEIR FAULT if this breaks something.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 9:53 AM
I'll take a look.
I wouldn't mind neighbourhood corruption very much...
I also didn't really want to recreate them, the Sims might be quite easy but the memories would be missing and I'd also have to copy their whole house down...
Thanks.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheapie
WARNING: Installing and playing those lots may cause neighborhood corruption! I have not had any issues, but I cannot guarantee that you won't! Please BACK UP your neighborhoods before installing and DON'T place the lots in a neighborhood you care about!

Actually it's not a maybe it is guaranteed. As soon as it's done you have caused corruption to the hood you take them from and corruption to the hood they get placed in. You may not see the symptoms for awhile, but it's there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 12:42 PM
Is there a way to clone the Sims or house? I think that might be better, even though it sounds impossible.

BTW: An hour or so ago I was messing with a townie from Sim State University. She started dating my Sim and I ended up making her playable and killing them both with Rodney's Death Creator. The game crashed when I left without saving.
...My game might be corrupt now. Once again.
Site Helper
#11 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 7:45 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 28th Jul 2013 at 8:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Actually it's not a maybe it is guaranteed.
It's possible to get lucky. If I remember correctly, the first couple of tutorials have no other sims in the hood, so their packaged occupied lot is much more likely to be safe than the average lot.

The final tutorial has a bunch of other sims, so this doesn't apply to all of the tutorial houses.

I'm not recommending that you install occupied lots. I'm just not sure that it's guaranteed to cause problems. The issue is that there is NO way to guarantee that an occupied lot is safe.

Quote: Originally posted by Right-thgiR
Is there a way to clone the Sims or house? I think that might be better, even though it sounds impossible.
Why not? Install the tutorial neighborhood. Extract the sim's in SimPE and clone them in BodyShop. Move them out of their house and package the unoccupied lot.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 9:27 PM
Am I the only one who read this and went "Tutorial Jane and Jo? What?"? There is a tutorial with Sims? What? Where? Huh.
Scholar
#13 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 9:41 PM
Lol Gummilutt, in the neighborhood chooser screen there is a small icon under the large pictures that will lead you thru how to play using Jane & Joe Sim. When I have had a long long break between play sessions I'll go thru the tutorial to remind myself of anything I have forgotten. Plus it's sometimes fun to play with sims that can never be saved.
Test Subject
#14 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:15 PM
Hmm... what would happen if I nuked all of the relationships before moving them? Would it be safe then?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:19 PM
Would you look at that. I don't know how many years of playing this game and it never occurred to me that that was a button.
Site Helper
#16 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheapie
Hmm... what would happen if I nuked all of the relationships before moving them? Would it be safe then?
In a word: no. There's no way to guarantee that an occupied lot is safe.

However, if you really want to take the risk, then you can try following these instructions:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ms#The_Hard_Way

Note that you need to test thoroughly. That's because there's no way to ensure that these lots are safe.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:34 PM
I've never played the tutorial couple. But I wouldn't put occupied lots in a neighborhood. I even heard that lots where the sims have moved out still contain character data and that it is unknown whether they cause hood corruption when moved to another neighborhood. Being paranoid about game corruption, I don't even do that.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:43 PM
Is there any way to get the terrain? MATY had pictures and it's a nice flat island, but they couldn't find it. Then again, if they can't, I wonder if MTS can.

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Site Helper
#19 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 10:54 PM
Again, very easy. Install the tutorial neighborhood and then use my HoodReplace program to copy the terrain to your neighborhood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 6:01 AM
Thanks for the responses.
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:42 AM
Ive been trying to get this neighbourhood playable for a long time, with Ultimate Collection, the neighbourhood keeps weirdly turning into a glitchy version with Twikii Island's layout after being made playable.

I want to make it playable so I have all the EA premade sims 2 hoods and sims in one game, but this one thing eludes me, it even has a unique terrain you cant get normally.