Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10776 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:05 PM
Recoloring using the swatch tool does cost money. I thought it was only in live mode, but perhaps it is not.
Advertisement
Theorist
#10777 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:14 PM
@ gummi - I did the first time, but not the second.
@ Charity - the exact same as I used the exact same lot to make the mirror. I made the first one and put it in the bin. Then pulled it back out renamed it and set about flippin sides with it.

So basically, what I did IS the issue. This second time it's off, but not by much so I'm wonderin what part it is actually pickin up to charge for to make the diffference ... *sigh*
Mad Poster
#10778 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I know! that was something that was bothering me here while back too @grammapat maybe with Chris Hatch's visit a neighbor?

Tried to create account at Back Alley Sims, got message "remote mail provider does not exist" - nonsense, but I can't get in. Other references to it don't get me the mod either. Anyone have it, can make it available to me?
I also saw comments about a mod that makes a spouse know when a baby is not theirs..don't know what that CAUSES but sounds interesting.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10779 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 3:47 PM
Is there a quick way (e.g. rather than make a Sim stand around and see if the temperature bar changes) to determine whether the game considers a room to be indoors or outdoors? I suppose I could have a Sim start up a grill and see if it catches fire but that's not a really great solution.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#10780 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Is there a quick way (e.g. rather than make a Sim stand around and see if the temperature bar changes) to determine whether the game considers a room to be indoors or outdoors? I suppose I could have a Sim start up a grill and see if it catches fire but that's not a really great solution.

If I remember correctly, there's an indicator when you select Temperature Stats on the Batbox.
just a girl
#10781 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 5:08 PM
Enable testing cheats and move your mouse around floor tiles, while holding shift and alt.
You'll see the room number and if the game considers the room light blocking, load bearing or/and outside for weather. Yes, there are different concepts of inside/outside in game depending on a purpose.

You'll see other info as well and also you can do that with walls.
Forum Resident
#10782 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:11 PM
I'm trying to figure out why I can't sell an owned lot back to the community. One of my Sims inherited a lot and I've been trying to sell it and each time I try my game crashes. This doesn't happen with any of my other Sims lots. I've checked the lot and I don't see any obvious reason why it can't be sold. It's so peculiar ... can inherited lots be sold?
Mad Poster
#10783 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:15 PM
Maybe something is wonky with the lot deed. Try deleting it and ordering a new one, and then try sell

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10784 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I have 2 houses that are identical. I built them in and they've never been lived in. They have the exact same stuff, just mirrored, and a few items I changed color, but still same items. So how in the world are they NOT the same price? It's not even a little they're off but almost 2500 .... uuuughhhh.

I have gone over and over both houses and I can't find anything that is different, that maybe I changed in one and didn't in the other. I don't get it and am ready to pull my hair out, that is if that wouldn't hurt more :P

How do I figure out what's causin the price variance?

(While this is sorta a rant, I really am stumped and lookin for some ideas)

Lot prices are a ... lottery to a certain extent. Odd stuff seems to affect them like moving the house into the lot bin sometimes. What I do often is use Pescado's magic wand and then make some sort of change (taking up a floor tile and replacing it) and then resave to reset the lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#10785 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Maybe something is wonky with the lot deed. Try deleting it and ordering a new one, and then try sell

Thanks Gummi, I tried that, I'm not even able to purchase a new deed; the same thing happens - game crashes. I've decided to just allow the lot to continue being passed down within the family.
Inventor
#10786 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 1:16 AM
@natboopsie , good catch! I dug into my download archive (I tend to hoard zip and rar files) and had both the Mega Pack and the stand alone. I probably just grabbed both, replacing the dupe file when I noticed one had a later date. As for the other stuff, I don't have the energy currently to do any testing in my own game but will probably poke at it in a day or so.
Mad Poster
#10787 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 1:49 AM
@ gummi - I did the first time, but not the second.
@ Charity - the exact same as I used the exact same lot to make the mirror. I made the first one and put it in the bin. Then pulled it back out renamed it and set about flippin sides with it.

So basically, what I did IS the issue. This second time it's off, but not by much so I'm wonderin what part it is actually pickin up to charge for to make the diffference ... *sigh*

Maybe it is just the moving into the bin that changed it. The only way to test would be to build from scratch two identical lots.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Tried to create account at Back Alley Sims, got message "remote mail provider does not exist" - nonsense, but I can't get in. Other references to it don't get me the mod either. Anyone have it, can make it available to me?
I also saw comments about a mod that makes a spouse know when a baby is not theirs..don't know what that CAUSES but sounds interesting.

I can do that. Do you have the hospital mod or the Globe mod? That will change which version you need. Also do you want car, taxi or walking?
Forum Resident
#10788 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 8:26 AM
Happy Thanksgiving weekend to my fellow Americans, and actually a Happy New Year as well to everyone---once I send this, I'll be back next in the early part of next year. Good simming, all!

Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Thanks, natboopsie. I get it now. Cyjon says noon - I think I would hang out at hotels till noon at least sometimes, but then I don't remember, so it might be it.

You are very welcome, Lamare! Sorry I wasn't more clear earlier.

By the way, if you read further the one additional post after Cyjon's in that old thread (I'll link his post again here for everyone's convenience; I know how fast this thread moves), the OP reports that when she followed his instructions, her first tourist finally checked in at 6pm. Even with Maxis' shipped BV hotels, I have had this happen as well, even all the way into the overnight. I don't know how the developers intended for this tourist check-in thing to work, but in my game at least (and I have a gaming setup that, thanks to tweaks, runs the game well and quickly), it's a leisurely process and sometimes seems to involve long pauses. The best-case scenario I can think of is that maybe EAxis was trying to hint that vacations should be the same way.

As long as I'm writing, thanks for the good and very interesting work you're doing (on the threads in your sig) to deepen gameplay! Especially because I can't currently help you by testing your mods, it makes me especially glad that I could help you in some other way.

Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I think the tourists work like dormies in University - one room gets claimed every hour until all of them are taken.

I could not agree more that's how they *should* work. It's unfortunate that it's clear it doesn't always.

My experience with Uni has been that the dorm "restocking" process works a lot more smoothly and quickly than this---besides, unlike with BV hotels, the dorm process normally continues to check regularly to see whether it needs to restart. Meanwhile, in BV, as Cyjon explained, you've only got the one shot in your entire hotel stay to trigger tourists to check in along with your sims. You can extend it by sticking around until it completes, but you leave and that's the end.

To me, that actually puts those of us who had much prior experience with Uni at a disadvantage in figuring this check-in thing out. Because if we *are* expecting it to work the same way, we're puzzled when it doesn't, and our reasonable first reaction is that our game is broken. Sigh, Maxis.

Thanks to gummilutt for providing the details of your tests! I've updated my earlier post in this thread (where I've been summarizing all this) to link to yours, though I agree that this can't be considered conclusive testing. As you say, not enough evidence yet. So (thinking out loud) the apartment thing (for example and among several other factors you've probably thought of) could be throwing off the results, since YAs were never Maxis-coded to live in those either. I will keep my note to myself to do some controlled testing when I get back to my game next year. Happy to have your work to start me off!

Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
@natboopsie , good catch! I dug into my download archive (I tend to hoard zip and rar files) and had both the Mega Pack and the stand alone. I probably just grabbed both, replacing the dupe file when I noticed one had a later date. As for the other stuff, I don't have the energy currently to do any testing in my own game but will probably poke at it in a day or so.

Devon Aster, I am happy to hear that you had fixed the issue in your own game!

Thanks again for your help in sharing what you know here. I'll bookmark this page in the thread and start my reading from here when I can. So obviously, from my point of view, no rush, but I'd love to hear about anything you find.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Theorist
#10789 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 11:08 AM
I've never used monique's computer, sw checkbook, or pescado's money order, or the piggy bank (can't recall who's that is) (I think those are the only ones I've seen mentioned)...

I was curious though do any of these, or any other thing for that matter, that would allow me to safe money per sim and not per house. Or do I just need to keep track of it by hand?
Mad Poster
#10790 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 12:25 PM
Why am I getting the "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed" when trying to install TheNinthWave's Witch lots?
Forum Resident
#10791 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 12:40 PM
I've never used monique's computer, sw checkbook, or pescado's money order, or the piggy bank (can't recall who's that is) (I think those are the only ones I've seen mentioned)...

I was curious though do any of these, or any other thing for that matter, that would allow me to safe money per sim and not per house. Or do I just need to keep track of it by hand?

Monique's computer allows you to save money per Sim; each Sim can have their own bank account even if they live in the same household.
Mad Poster
#10792 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 12:46 PM
Monique's computer banking does have one really special thing attached: it allows interest to accumulate on bank accounts. Just like in RL. Having a lot of money can be very lucrative..to the tune of thousands in interest every other day..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10793 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Why am I getting the "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed" when trying to install TheNinthWave's Witch lots?

If you use the in-game installer, you get that fairly often. It happens when a lot is made in a game environment that doesn't (even quite) match your own. It's another reason Clean Installer is recommended for lot installation.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#10794 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 1:12 PM
Though does the lot include anything that my compatible don't have? Logically, the lot is just a conversion of maxis secret hidden lot from AL, but I guess the game reads it as an incompatible package as the one who uploaded it had the ep/sp that I don't have.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10795 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 1:36 PM
Though does the lot include anything that my compatible don't have? Logically, the lot is just a conversion of maxis secret hidden lot from AL, but I guess the game reads it as an incompatible package as the one who uploaded it had the ep/sp that I don't have.

It would only affect EPs - if you have a missing SP, the game simply omits the object when you load the lot. It might be that the lot was made with the Store Edition but using Clean Installer usually deals with that issue.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10796 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 1:50 PM
You need to use Clean Installer when installing lots since you can't see if hacks, sims or other things were left in the lot package with the game installer.

It only matters that you have the same or higher game engine then the lot you are installing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10797 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 2:41 PM
Okay, this is a SFS question. I hope someone can answer quickly. AndrewGloria gave me a code and I am uploading the Chris hatch stuff I have to it. She also sent me a pic showing me where to find the sharable URL so I can direct people there. only, I don't have that option! When I go to my page, I don't have the URL listed anywhere! I took a screen shot so if anyone wants to p.m. me about it I can show them, but since I still can't figure out how to post screen shots or how to use spoiler tags (don't try to explain. It's sweet of you to do so, but I've had them explained to me a hundred times and still can't do it). But I HAVE been able to upload stuff to the SFS and the files really are there. I just need to know how to direct people to the site.

Thanks a million.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#10798 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 3:03 PM
I'm talking about that particular lot. How come I can't download it.
Forum Resident
#10799 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Monique's computer banking does have one really special thing attached: it allows interest to accumulate on bank accounts. Just like in RL. Having a lot of money can be very lucrative..to the tune of thousands in interest every other day..

There is a Monique computer in every household in my neighborhood; and I've enabled autonomy for some of the functions. I also love that bank accounts gain interest. My fortune Sims open bank accounts for their babies when they are first born. I think of it as their college trust fund. Once the account is opened by the parents relatives can also contribute funds to their accounts.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10800 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Okay, this is a SFS question. I hope someone can answer quickly. AndrewGloria gave me a code and I am uploading the Chris hatch stuff I have to it. She also sent me a pic showing me where to find the sharable URL so I can direct people there. only, I don't have that option! When I go to my page, I don't have the URL listed anywhere! I took a screen shot so if anyone wants to p.m. me about it I can show them, but since I still can't figure out how to post screen shots or how to use spoiler tags (don't try to explain. It's sweet of you to do so, but I've had them explained to me a hundred times and still can't do it). But I HAVE been able to upload stuff to the SFS and the files really are there. I just need to know how to direct people to the site.

If you click on the individual items you have uploaded, it will take you to a page which gives you the shareable url info. PM me if you want to.

I'm talking about that particular lot. How come I can't download it.

Download it from where?
Screenshots

Page 432 of 1345