Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cat Judge Career

by Satira Posted 16th May 2018 at 9:45 PM - Updated 24th Mar 2021 at 1:45 PM by Satira : Update

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:32 AM
I'm a Cat Lover too and I absolutely love that you made this career! I'm definitely giving it a try! Thank you!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th May 2018 at 8:43 AM
Such a fun career! I like these careers that don't pay very much and are more of a hobby/career mix - it gives a lot more variation to the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th May 2018 at 1:45 AM
I cannot WAIT to play with this!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:40 AM
Do i need pets expansion pack?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 3:45 AM
does this still work with the seasons update??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 1:28 AM
I will update this tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 3:03 PM
Added version V2, should work with the latest patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 11:30 AM
Hi, I love this career, and I was wondering if you're going to update them for the Get Famous patch?
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 1:56 PM
Default Once in a while?
Hello,would you mind to explain me what you mean with this phrase? "Aside from having adorable kittens every once in a while." Once in a while? Do you mean that you have them for a while and when you get tierd,you get rid of them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 4:37 PM
Updated to work with the latest patches and expansions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 3:08 PM
Updated to work with the latest patch and expansions.
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by diromantica
Hello,would you mind to explain me what you mean with this phrase? "Aside from having adorable kittens every once in a while." Once in a while? Do you mean that you have them for a while and when you get tired, you get rid of them?

Most cats don't stay kittens, they grow up to be adult cats. A lot of people get a kitten instead of an older cat, so with that in mind you do have 'a kitten for a while'. Another explanation is that Sometimes your pet can get pregnant. When they get babies, they stay in your house until they're old enough to go to their forever home.
I think the creator is referring to either one or both of the options above. Surely someone who creates a career path like this is a cat lover
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XmoonlightX
Most cats don't stay kittens, they grow up to be adult cats. A lot of people get a kitten instead of an older cat, so with that in mind you do have 'a kitten for a while'. Another explanation is that Sometimes your pet can get pregnant. When they get babies, they stay in your house until they're old enough to go to their forever home.
I think the creator is referring to either one or both of the options above. Surely someone who creates a career path like this is a cat lover

Thank you ^^ As I said in the official post, I am a cat breeder. If I keep all my kittens, I would have way too many cats which would not be a healthy environment for them. I also breed a special breed that helps people with allergies (I too have bad cat allergies), so I do breed to help these families to be able to have cats too without risking their health. I never get tired of my kittens, as I love them all dearly and take very good care of them until they get to move to their loving families. I didn't reply to that person as I think it was a rude question, but I appreciate your reply so decided to explain in the end ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th May 2020 at 11:06 AM
Updated
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 3:39 PM
Hi! I love this career. Would it be possible to update it for the latest patch? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 7:42 PM
Updated
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 10:34 AM
The new patch seems to have broken a lot of careers and other mods. Is this still working? If not, would it be possible to update it? Love the career!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 26th Aug 2023 at 7:55 PM Last edited by ladylarke : 26th Aug 2023 at 8:52 PM.
omg! I just came across this career today! I have had CFA/CCA registered manx cats all my adult life so I was beyond thrilled to see you include the cymric (long haired manx) and of course the manx. At one time I was the only CFA registered manx breeder in Canada.

Unfortunately, I became sick and then chronically ill and disabled and had to give up breeding completely. I only had 2 litters before I had to give it all up and unfortunately I never even got to show my beloved Rune who was a longhaired red classic tabby rumpy with a white locket. I lost him only last year at the age of 16. I miss him terribly to this day and I imagine I always will. You will know exactly what I mean when I say he was my heart cat.

So thank you very much for creating this career. I hope it is updated and that I can play it! I'm so excited and thrilled to have found it. Tysm for your time and effort in creating it. <3
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Aug 2023 at 8:40 PM Last edited by ladylarke : 26th Aug 2023 at 8:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by diromantica
Hello,would you mind to explain me what you mean with this phrase? "Aside from having adorable kittens every once in a while." Once in a while? Do you mean that you have them for a while and when you get tierd,you get rid of them?

Actually, what she meant was that she only occasionally has litters (a group of kittens is called a litter) of kittens. Breeders who show their registered (pedigreed aka with papers from an accredited cat registry such as the Cat Fanciers Association (CFA)) do not breed to make money off their kittens. We breed for the love of the breed and to preserve their beloved breed, keeping to the cat registry's format (rules) of that breed in conformity, health, and happiness of that breed. NOT to make money from selling kittens. Cat breeders who show cats do not make money showing their cats either. It is a very expensive hobby indeed and it all comes out of the cat breeder's pockets. Cat shows do not award money for winning cats like dog shows do.

Anyway, this is why she said she only has kittens once in a while. She will keep only the best of that litter to show and perhaps keep a kitten to perpetuate the lineage of her cats as a breeding cat. Every breeder has cats he/she starts with - foundation cats - that they acquire from another breeder. They go on to breed their own line of cats from those original foundation cats to create their own unique lineage. Of course conforming to the rules of how their breed should look, including the sound health of their cats, according to their cat registry's rules. There are many cat registries! In North America alone you will find the CFA, CCA, and TICA.

Not all cat breeders are ethical, unfortunately. Many unethical cat breeders do NOT have pedigreed cats and do not care about the look or health of their cats. These breeders are usually called "backyard breeders" and they breed their cats solely for money. Those that do show and breed their pedigreed cats do so for the love of the breed and to preserve and promote that breed for others to also enjoy and love. That said, some breeds of cats are far more expensive than others and that's an entirely different conversation lol. But beware if a breeder cannot produce papers from an accredited cat registry to show their pedigree/lineage. If they cannot or will not provide this proof of lineage, they are a backyard breeder. OR a person who's unspayed cat had kittens - please spay or neuter your cats!

Beware of backyard breeders as they may very well have cats with a lot of health problems that will mean you are spending a lot of time and money at the veterinary. This is why, in my opinion, it is a great idea to find a reputable breeder who also shows their cats who will provide papers that prove that cat's lineage. Breeders who have registered cats are very aware of their cats' health and they carefully breed their cats to ensure their cats are in good health whereas backyard breeders do not. It's very sad but it happens quite often.

Please know that registered cat breeders appreciate that ALL cats need and deserve a furever home. I personally would not survive being a cat rescuer as I have a far too sensitive heart. I would be miserable and heartsick because of the poor state cat rescuers find abandoned and feral cats in. So hats off to all of the amazing folks that do rescue dogs and cats! And also to those that foster and rehabilitate pets for rehoming. <3

Here is a link to the CFA cat registry = https://cfa.org/

P.S. I have had CFA registered manx all of my adult life and had started to show and breed but unfortunately became chronically ill and disabled and had to give it up. Manx is still my preferred and beloved breed. I am currently without a kitty in my life, I lost the last manx that was born into my hand last year at 16 years old. I still miss him terribly and am just not ready for another cat yet. Rune was my heart cat, that one cat in your entire life that you loved more than any other.