Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:21 AM Last edited by Simonut : 25th Jun 2018 at 5:59 AM.
Default Enough already
Hello all, I have been dealing with this One Sims behavior for more than a year now. Because she is an elderly Sims I make all my Sims she encounter with her very bad behavior I just sent them all away and just ignore her.
Because she is elderly I let my Sims give her some respect. But this Sims who name is "Denise Jacquet" have an extremely bad habit of picking on everyone she encounter.

All the Sims are always minding their own business, but she walk up to them all and Poke, Slap, and give Insults for no reasons, if I had to compare her to Mrs. Crumplebottom I would say Crumplebottom is nicer.
This particular Sims comes around and pick on anyone insight. Well Today I got sick of it she had about three Sims all crying at the same time, all three of these Sims are nice Sims.

I had enough of her and I am sick and tired of her picking fights with my Sims, Denise Jacquet is a complete "BULLY" and get away with things because she an elder.
Well "Not Today" I use a mod to control my Sims so I had all three Sims today give her a good butt kicking I hope she learn a lesson and stop picking on my Sims when they are doing nothing to her.
I do feel bad directing my Sims to fight her back, because in real life my parents raise me to respect elders. But Enough already.

Do anyone have a problem with a Sims that love to pick on other Sims for no reason ?

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:53 AM
Hahaha... I have this problem too. It got worse when AL introduced the reputation system, as sims with low nice points seemed more inclined to irritate or fight with other sims now. Then it affects their reputation, and sims with low reputation get rejected for social interactions at a higher rate, tend to be meaner, etc. And for some reason my game likes to generate landlords who like to fight and irritate their tenants on their free time.

This all combined with the telescope shoving plus the fact that I have pescado's fight club mod makes for some much more interesting play sessions on community lots...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:58 AM
Denise Jacquet attacked Dora Ottomas for no reason. Was amusing to see elderly ladies getting into fisticuffs in the grocery store.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:08 AM
This is great. ^_^ You should be thrilled you have a crotchety old lady in your game lol Most of us have had or known one in real life... the kind where nothing you do can ever make them happy, they always want to complain about something. Maybe make it a goal to see how many enemies she can have at once? lol!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:56 AM
@thisfatfunnylife That a good idea too see how many enemies Denise Jacquet can have at once. But at the moment she a real pain in the butt, and I am really sick of her picking on Sims.
At least Mrs. Crumplebottom will only mess with a Sims who is making out in public. Or if a Sims is Cheating on it's Sims wife or husband. ( and she know it )
Most of the time Crumplebottom is at the bar drinking and talking to her self and too drunk to bother other Sims, or she just playing cards.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
Do anyone have a problem with a Sims that love to pick on other Sims for no reason ?

This is a room mate, Arnold, that one of my sims had:

He picks fights with everyone! His relationships panel is almost entirely red.

He's just a townie now as the sim kicked him out, but I still see him scrapping on community lots.
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:28 AM
Hmm, funny. Are we talking about the same lady? Denise Jacquet, is'nt that the older lady from the shopping district? I have a older lady whit the name Denise Jacquet in my game but she do not seem to pick a fight whit anyone. OK, she may not be very friendly but she's not that bad.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 11:38 AM
I can't remember if Denise Jacquet is a Scorpio or not-if she is, that's why. In the game, Scorpios are very, very nasty to other people when they get old. They cheat at chess (ok, they do that when they're young, too..) and they poke others for nothing. I think it's just programming. But I also think that even changing their personalities won't change the basic nature of the nastiness. Unless they get totally zapped by the "nomitron" and they get the shock of their lives. I'd suggest that failing all else.
It's worth a try.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:00 PM
Arnold seems to lose far more fights than he wins! Some Sims never learn.

Years ago Consort Capp picked on and beat up Romance townie April Hutchins outside one of the little mews shops in the Via Commerciale in Veronaville. I didn't see how it started, but I'm pretty sure she was minding her own business and it was Consort who started it. I made Consort selectable and told him to apologise to April. He did this. But then he poked her again. April never forgot. Slowly but inexorably she's been working towards her revenge ever since. She didn't try to fight him again -- she reckoned he was probably stronger than her. No. She used her wiles as a Romance Sim to get at what Consort clearly loves most -- his money. She got herself a makeover -- a new hairstyle, tiny shorts, tiny miniskirt, barely-there undies -- you know the sort of thing. She befriended Angela Ramsay who lives in the Via Venezia, and moved in with her so she had a base to work from. Then she set about seducing Consort. Soon he was totally infatuated with her -- quite besotted. Now they're engaged.

What happens next. Well (and this is in the strictest confidence) I've overheard her darkly muttering some old aphorisms -- about a fool and his money being easily parted, and about there being no fool like an old fool. I'm sure they'll soon be married. And then I suspect a child might come -- a child of April's who will become the heir to Consort's vast personal fortune. There's more than one way of taking revenge on these elderly pests, and April prefers her method to the more usual violent methods. As an unexpected bonus, she's found he's even quite good in bed!

Remember I'm telling you this in the strictest confidence; Consort mustn't find out -- at least not until they're married and their child is born. The mills of April Hutchins grind slow, but they grind exceeding fine. Isn't revenge best when it's served cold? ("Not so cold," says April. "If I say it myself, I'm pretty hot in bed. ")

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:23 PM
Oh, Consort is the worst! AND, he's a dirty old man, too. I once caught him spying on Tybalt and his bride, Melissa Fugly.

Denise isn't horrible in my game. I think the worst old lady I have is the townie, Rosemarie Adamanda. She's just horrible and she's EVERYWHERE. There's no subhood isolated enough to escape her. To make matters worse, she somehow ALWAYS becomes a zombie, so she's not just picking fights, she's killing people.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 12:44 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 25th Jun 2018 at 7:01 PM. Reason: typo
In one of my old games, Denise Jacquet never got the chance to be mean. She kept throwing errors any time she spawned on a community lot, so I finally got fed up and killed her.

I remember one old version of Pleasantview where Nina Caliente seemed to be determined to annoy every sim she met. Any time she spawned onto a community lot, she would go around repeatedly poking random strangers in the nose. She had quite a lot of red entries in her relationship panel from that.
Theorist
#12 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:35 PM

I find them entertaining.
My hood is currently quieter now.
I usually smite those sims with the Simmanipulator. They don't learn but I'm less annoyed.
Undead Molten Llama
#13 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:46 PM
In one of my neighborhoods, La Shawn Cameron (The social townie) really had it in for one of her apartment neighbors, a male elder who was also a playable. One day, when they were BOTH non-playable because I was playing yet another playable household in the apartment building, she walked up to her nemesis and just started poking him for no apparent reason and things devolved from there. They ended up enemies, always having fights. When I was playing her household, if I let her idle and her nemesis ventured outside, she'd autonomously run down two flights of stairs just to pop him one. Her nemesis wouldn't do the same when he was playable, though. She just really, really hated him, but he didn't seem to have it in for her as much, even though it was a mutual -100/-100 relationship. He wouldn't go out of his way to pick a fight with her, but she definitely would.

La Shawn's not a particularly mean Sim -- She's a Family-aspiration Pisces, if memory serves, so middle-of-the-scale across the board -- but...yeah, she hates that guy. She and her wife and their kids moved out of that apartment building, but when they meet on community lots, they still go at it. I find it hilarious, personally, especially when La Shawn's child-age eldest kid cheers her on when they fight. Wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#14 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 1:52 PM
I wish my Sims' roommates were like Arnold! I love me some drama!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:42 PM

Oh yes - love 'em.

LOL at Arnold - more red memories than green. tee hee

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#16 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:19 PM
I've found that with Sophie Miguel (the teen townie)... she'll insult, annoy, prank and poke almost all other sims (prank seems to be her favourite, unlike 99% of the sims she'll do it to) and needless to say, she makes enemies way too easily. In fact, in my BACC hood, she actually threw the want "bad reputation"... and got that bar in full red; my first ever sim to do so. And she was proud of it!

As I allow my sims to make their own friends rather than pushing them towards certain ones, I've started cringing every time a teen brings her home, especially if another member of the household is already enemies with her.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:57 PM
Would be cool If you could call cops on her. More so when there are witness who would do so autonomously

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 5:24 PM
^Yeah, why can you only report on the charlatan pickpocketing and not on townies committing assault and battery?

I killed off Denise Jacquet very early.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 6:36 PM
The trick with Denise is you have to give her something to do. I always make her get married. Sometimes they even adopt a child. It keeps her busy.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:06 PM
You need to see my Mr No Nice Points in action He has beaten up Denise twice. He has also beaten up most of the townies and a lot of playables, including his best friend's wife at their wedding.
I like him He is fun.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:12 PM
For some reason one of my hoods has a lot of people with 0 nice points. Most of the time they get along amazingly well. But I have some families where nothing is ever accomplished. They are either involved in or cheering a brawl among family members.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:21 PM
Best sort of wedding is one with fisticuffs JP - so I approve.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#23 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:43 PM
sims/characters I take have a reason when they pick on someone.
some possible reasons::
-being spied on by telephone or career reward.
-"witnessing" being cheated on.
-personality.
-Nightlife's "Furious" system.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:51 PM
The Pleasants - watching all of them gang up on poor Lilith always makes me feel a bit upset. I usually let it go on for a certain amount and then I'll intervene. She either runs away, and I summon her to Dirk's house and have her 'live' there so that I can pretend that's where she was the whole time. I also pretend that Daren calls and tells her parents where she is so that's why they don't report it to the police (it also explains their unfortunate nonchalance - although Mary Sue is usually suitably upset at her failure as a parent.)

I love playing Pleasantview. It's always such a good story no matter which way I play.
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:52 PM
There's no reason to give elders undeserved respect, specially if said "elders" are virtual people. You did the right thing. Have you considered trapping this sim in a swimming pool?
Page 1 of 2