Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2005 at 10:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Grow Up Into Selected Clothing.
Is there someway I can use SimPE to make sure that when my sims grow up, their new clothes are the clothes I want them to be wearing? I like to take snapshots and videos of the birthday parties, but it is a bummer when my sim grows up and they do the cool "spin around" thing, and they end up in some really ugly clothes.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 7:14 PM
I'd be interested in a response to this also, as all my kids are growing up and wearing exactly the same clothes! It's really annoying.
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 1:02 AM
I have one of my sims, purchase clothes in all age groups. Generally when mine age they wear the ones I purchased, not the maxis ones.

Perhaps someone else will know a different way. Good luck!

Teresa
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 2:25 AM
teresa7159, do you mean you can go to town and buy childrens clothing , or teens clothing before the kid age-transitions? If so that is great. I have never tried this as I thought it could not be done unless that age sim actually existed. If that is not what you ment, then I didn't understand.

Burn The midnight oil, it will be daylight soon...
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 2:52 AM
You can buy any clothes you want to, regardless as to whether anyone that age is in the household. With my family sims, I go once, before I try for baby, and purchase clothes for each age group.(toddler, child, teen) Mine always transition into the purchased clothing. Hope this helps.

Teresa
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Oct 2005 at 4:03 AM
It works the same for gender. You don't have to have that gender in the house to purchase for it.