Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 6:42 PM Last edited by Bryantmc : 13th Feb 2018 at 6:55 PM.
Default Unable to open Sims 4
So two days ago I downloaded a recent update of Windows 10, which kind of messed up my computer in several ways. The one that pertains to the Sims 4 though is I got an error message as well as an EA error message (see the pictures). So I managed to undo the windows update, but I still had this error message come up. This is what I've tried in this order:
-Removing saves and CC.
-Uninstalling and redownloading Sims 4 and all expansions I have.
-Redownloaded Visual C++ Redistributable (x64 and x86).
-Ran a system analysis on CCleaner.

It worked just the day before the update so I know that it has something to do with that, but I figured reverting my system and redownloading everything should fix it. Any opinions or help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 7:06 PM
The screenshots aren't posting so here's what the error messages are:

EA error message:

Invalid license. Reason code = Missing DLL: [MSVCP120.dll] Error: 0xC1

Computer error message:

TS4_x64.exe - Bad Image

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error statue 0xc000012f.