Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:55 PM
Default Refreshing/Updating CAS Thumbnails for Default Replacements?
Okay, apologies in advance if this is simple info or found elsewhere, as my google fu and practical experimentation has not yielded any results thus far.

I made a replacement package for Sims 3, to sacrifice the scruffy chinstrap beard (the one next to the full goatee) in exchange for a goatee without a moustache -- just chin fuzz. (Thanks to the tutorial-makers here!)

That's all well and good, and it looks and works perfectly in-game, except that the thumbnail under hair-->beards in CAS still shows the old chinstrap beard and not the chinfuzz goatee. It works fine when you click on it, but I can't figure out how to force CAS to generate a new thumbnail for it.

I've tried deleting CASPartCache, compositorCache, and simCompositorCache packages. I even went so far as to delete the /thumbnails/CASThumbnails.package. But even when it has to regenerate all the thumbnails and such, it doesn't show the new beard in the thumbnail.

Is there a simple solution to this that I've missed, or something I can do to remedy it?

(also, does anyone want my chin-fuzz goatee?)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ambeard_replace_(chinstrap_to_goatee)_[shadowstitch].zip (599.2 KB, 67 downloads) - View custom content