Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 5:40 PM
Default Running a business?
Hi,

I'm just wondering if its possible once a lot has been built in Downtown that a Sim can be placed within that lot and run it as a business and make money from it? I've never tried this before so not sure if its possible.

I did a quick search but didn't find much information. The only results came up were mostly from the Sims 2 business expansion I think.

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 7:31 PM
I don't believe it is possible. It may be possible to set up a home to seem like a business in the regular neighborhood, using visitor controllers or throwing constant parties to get people over there. As far as I know, you cannot house a controllable Sim in Downtown. Or were you thinking of setting up a store or office in Downtown and bringing your Sim there to pretend he/she owned it or worked there? I remember having a sleuth Sim, named "Guy Noir" after the Garrison Keillor stories from Lake Woebegon. He had an office, but it was out of his house. Now that you bring this up, I think I want to make one Downtown! Great idea - thanks so much for it!

Along those lines, I once set up the largest lot in the basic neighborhood to contain 4 medieval buildings with bedrooms on the second floors. My little "Villager" family had crafts that they worked at. They were tradesmen, bakers, and painters. In another neighborhood, I built a space-themed pizza place, but the pizza was free to all the visitors. When I created an elderly Dutch couple in a very narrow home, the cookies they baked by the plateful were also free to all visitors.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 7:20 AM
Thank you!