Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2013 at 6:12 AM
Default Sims 1 Selling Painting
Hey Everyone,

I couldn't find a Sims 1 help section, so I'm assuming this goes here?

So I just messed around with my Sims 1 game after a lonnnnnng break from it. I mostly play Sims2, Simcity 4, and Civ 4 nowadays. Anyway, I wanted to recreate the S1 neighborhoods in S2 which I did once before a long time ago, but then I got distracted by playing the Goth house.

Here's where my issue comes in. I had Cassandra sell her painting and the game crashed. I never have crashes, ever. Is this a normal game issue? Also, is there a way to put the painting on the wall? Thanks for your help.

Edit: Just read in another post here that Windows 7 could be the cause of crashing. Could a dual core also be the cause? I'd still like to know if it's possible to place the painting on the walls. Again, thanks.

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th May 2013 at 9:27 PM
TS2 can be crashy with dual cores so I imagine it could/would be a problem with TS1. OTOH, TS1 was notorious for crashy-ness.

Actually, from your post, it's not clear which game is crashing. I've assumed TS1 because you're here in the TS1 section. Is that right?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th May 2013 at 9:48 PM
No thats not a normal issue. Why would it crash from selling a painting?

Anyways if you run windows 7 right click the games EXE you use, and select PROPERTIES.
Then look for COMPATIBILITY and change it to run in WINDOWS 98 SE MODE. This should quickly fix the problem.