Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 3:46 PM
I just wanted to say thank-you
I love all the mods and resources on this site for The Sims, and I don't think I would be able to enjoy it like I do if it were not for this modding site. It's too often that I see modders working hard to please a community that never says a formal thank-you back ( not to say that there isn't any of that here, this seems like a great place for modders and mod users!) which causes complete loss of vital modding communities (Sporedum, anyone?). EA is lucky (although they definitely don't always deserve it...) to have so many players that work together and improve upon a game that will continue to have entertainment value as long as modding persists. I hope to one day create my own mods, though that day will be far from now (most if not all of the code I know is for website design), and until then I, along with many other Sim enthusiasts, are dependent on the effort that modding communities spend on ensuring that a mod stays viable for the current patch of the game and remains free of bugs.
Please never leave us to the vanilla wasteland that is un-modded Sims!

(at least don't close down the site if you do.... yes, I'm looking at you, SPOREDUM!!!)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:17 PM
That's really sweet JellyThunda. MTS is a cool place! I hope you do create some of your own mods someday.

Did you plan to create content for The Sims (One, as in The Original)? I ask because you posted this in The Sims 1 section. It would be great if MTS included content for The Sims. There are a couple of creators out there still doing that, but not so many any more. Up until recently, there wasn't even a section for Sims 1 specifically here at MTS. I was thrilled when they (was it Sim Sample who did it?) created it so that those of us who are die-hard fans and those who are feeling nostalgic could discuss our mutual interests.

Just the same, even if your intention was to discuss one of the other Sims games, it's wonderful that you want to express your appreciation and a desire to contribute. I often think I'd like to try modding someday. I haven't gotten there yet because I feel like I don't have enough time to play - ever. It's not easy being a Sims addict.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.