Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 2:21 PM
Default recoloring cc objects
hi! so i've only recolored clothing before, and when i wanted to recolor cc then i cloned the package with s4 cas tools so the game wouldn't think the original and my creations were duplicates. now i want to try and recolor some objects, some of them cc and i was just wondering what tool to use to clone them first. i'm sorry if it's a stupid question, i'm 100% new to buy/build cc.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:07 PM
Use Sims 4 Studio. The current public versions recolor objects.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:10 PM
As of yesterday or so, TSRW has also gone public -- I believe that does recolours as well. Link see thread in Tools forum.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:12 PM
aheh tsrw gives me a headache, but i was linked to a tutorial on tumblr <3

http://sims-studio.proboards.com/th...-custom-content
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 8:07 PM
The above tutorial is for CAS items - here's a tutorial on recolouring objects (with Sims 4 Studio): http://sims-studio.proboards.com/th...t-sims-4-studio
Alchemist
#6 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 8:36 PM
The tutorial linked by TheYellowSim shows how to use Sims 4 Studio to make a standalone recolor of custom content items and the same method is used for both custom CAS items and custom objects. The only difference is that instead of choosing Create CAS Standalone on the first screen you choose Object prior to clicking the Create Recolor button. Once you have followed those steps, if you don't know how to continue recoloring the object, the tutorial Esmeralda linked will show you how.