Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 6:45 AM Last edited by bellakenobi : 13th Apr 2017 at 4:27 AM.
Default [SOLVED] How can I disable the 4th color channel with s3pe?
Well, I'm trying to edit those Supernatural shoes.

I'm using S3OC to clone them and S3PE to edit them.
The original mask has 4 channels, and since I edited the main texture to remove the straps I deleted the alpha channel (corresponding to those buttons on the straps) and the channel from the straps, and saved the .dds as DXT1 No Alpha (I also have a DXT5 Interpolated Alpha with an empty alpha just in case).
I replaced the textures, opened the game and first I though that my mask had just gone, then I noticed that the 4th channel (the one from the buttons) was overlapping the whole mask
Then I was looking around the resources on S3PE and edited the <value key="Pattern D Enabled" value="true" /> to "false" on the XML shown on the screenshot too see what would happen and nothing :P

So, is there any possible way to disable the 4th channel directly on s3pe?

Oh yeah, before all that I tried to make all this on TSRW by exporting the meshes and importing them and the textures to a basegame shoes clone and everything was fine, except for that weird shading that's most noticeable on CAS (I dunno if this could help but I thought it could be useful to post)
And yes, I'm editing my textures with Photoshop CS3.

I've uploaded both the original and edited masks, if it could help.

EDIT: decided to try to use CTU. I've cloned the shoes with s3oc, opened S3PE and replaced the textures and saved my package. Then I opened it on CTU, on the "Other" tab I ticked the "3 Channel RGB" option and commited, then on the "Designs" tab I could edit the colors and even disable the 3rd channel since I won't need it
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SNshoesmask.zip (13.7 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 9:43 PM
Yup, you were on the right track to change the Pattern D section to "False". And since you're using TSRW I assume you're not making the shoes default replacements, right? Because if you did, you would either have to change the references from CasRgbaMask to the default CasRgbMask or a custom one. Anyway, aside from the XML you highlighted in the screenshot, have you also checked the preset XMLs in the CASP resource? I've experienced the issue of them not updating properly with custom recolors.

Leaving the "renaming" bit aside, I do recommend changing the CasRgbaMask references to the RGB mask (just look through the resources in the .package and see where it turns up). Then delete the references to Pattern D in the highlighted XML and the preset ones. That, if you encounter any issues with the file.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!