Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 5:14 AM
Default Community lots
I wanted to know why can't I look inside some of the community lots. On TS3 game.
When I take my sim to some of the lots Ican't see inside. Why is that.

Also When you build a resturant for the sims 3 will NPs appear for service like on the Sims 2. Will there be cooks waiters etc, or will you have to run it with you sim? I would like to build a resturant so that I can go inside with my sim not wait out side for them. Also so that I can decorate it.

Any infromation from the community will be greatly apppreciated.

P.S

Thank you all you modding creators out there who are PUTTING your thing down with the TS3 sites
Much thanks to Delpy for creating Mod The Sims 2/3
All of you are a Simmers DREAM come true

YOU ROCK :D

Faith Is The Substance Of Things Hoped For
The Evidence Of Things Not yet the Seen
And the belief in The Lord Jesus Christ
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaylin43
I wanted to know why can't I look inside some of the community lots. On TS3 game.
When I take my sim to some of the lots Ican't see inside. Why is that.
This is just one of EA's "improvements" to the Sims. Some of the community lots can be played, some are just "rabbit holes", where your sim disappears and spends time without you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
This is just one of EA's "improvements" to the Sims. Some of the community lots can be played, some are just "rabbit holes", where your sim disappears and spends time without you.

Thank you so much

Faith Is The Substance Of Things Hoped For
The Evidence Of Things Not yet the Seen
And the belief in The Lord Jesus Christ
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:11 AM
Default HELP using downloaded lots...
I dont know where to post this... but I downloaded some lots (malls, graveyards, restaurants) from here and from the exchange and I cant place any! IT SAYS "cannot place lot contents at that location" or "lot contents ar too big for this location" but it doesnt let me place it on ANY lot! whats that about? HELP!!!!
Screenshots
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:00 AM
What is happening is exactly what it is telling you. Your trying to place an already built lot onto a smaller lot, the game can't fit it so it won't work.

As for the second half to the topic question, I don't even think you -can- build restaurants, lol. As mootilda said, eaxis did a lovely job "improving" the community lots.

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda

Is this a change they made or is this just because it's the basegame? I mean there is not "nightlife"..so I was hoping that restaurants, clubs, businesses etc. would come with the next exp pack as in sims 2 and nightlife..
Babu
Site Helper
#7 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:51 PM
We don't know. It's impossible to say what EA plans to do with expansion packs for TS3 without inside knowledge.