Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 7:07 PM
Default How to change the default patterns used on clothes?
I have added a stencil to a t-shirt. But the default color of the t-shirt is not too pretty together with the stencil. How do I change the default patterns/colors of the t-shirt?

So when the t-shirt is shown with the stencil the t-shit should for example be pink instead for the default blue and white color? Or why not striped?

The only way I can think of is to change the colors and patterns in CAS and then save it there, but then it would make another thumbnail, and not change the default one.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:04 PM
I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong in saying this. Start again in CTU and choose the same top as before. Add your stencils into the 'stencil pool' and then once you've done that click the designs tab and 'add new design'. Choose your stencil(s) then click onto the 'patterns' tab.

The T-shirt I think you're working from has three separate colourable parts. Still under the patterns tab, expand the dropdown box and click 'pattern a'. At the bottom, there's a square of colour. I believe this is one of the colours you're seeing on your design. Click the box and change the colour to whatever you want. Click commit after. Then you need to go back to the dropdown box and choose 'pattern B' and change that square of colour to what you want, and click commit again. The same for 'pattern C' (if there were 4 colourable parts, you would also need to change 'pattern D' but because there are only three A, B and C are the only ones you need to do)

As for applying a stripes pattern, I'm pretty sure you need to be working under the 'Patterns' tab as well and change 'Pattern A', 'Pattern B' and 'Pattern C' again. This time, you need to look for the lines labelled 'Type' 'Name' and 'Filename' and change these. I'm not sure how you find the name of the pattern you want to use unless it is one you have made and named yourself in Delphy's Pattern Packager. Hopefully somebody else can help with this.

Again, I hope what I've told you is correct. Sorry if it's wrong. =P Can anybody confirm or correct me?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:46 PM
Thats spot on Momodoll.

And finding the filenames for the textures involves a whole lot of searching through the FullBuild files.

Its easier to create your own pattern and see what Delphys pattern packager has called it using Postal.

Something, something, something, Darkside
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoguePilot
And finding the filenames for the textures involves a whole lot of searching through the FullBuild files.

Delphy has made a list of the pattern manifests:
http://www.modyourpanties.com/image...PatternList.xml
It's really usefull when you search the filenames.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 2:35 AM
Thank you for the responses! Gives me something to work with!
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:11 AM
The latest version of CTU has a pattern browser, so your troubles are over